The Soul Man: Season Two Renewal from TV Land

Soul Man season twoCedric the Entertainer is staying in the groove. TV Land has renewed The Soul Man for a second season.

The comedian announced the good news on Twitter last night, writing, “Just got word #TheSoulMan has been picked up for season #2. Thank all of you who wrote in and/or just watched me @niecynash bout to Turn Up!”. There’s no word yet on when the new episodes will be shot or aired.

Soul Man debuted in June to 1.92 million viewers but the ratings declined over the course of the season. The finale drew 992,000.

Last week, Cedric seemed to fear for the fate of his show and asked fans to write to TV Land in support of the show, even supplying a sample letter.

The Soul Man revolves around an R&B artist from Las Vegas who moves his family back to St. Louis to become a preacher in his father’s church. The cast also includes Niecy Nash, John Beasley, Jazz Raycole, and Wesley Jonathan.

What do you think? Do you like The Soul Man TV series? Will you be tuning in to see season two?

Norie Gregory November 14, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I am very happy Cedric and his cast will be on for another season!!!! I really enjoy the show YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Sherry February 24, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I am so glad the series is returning. I have been looking for it weekly but nothing. Very good show. It is one of the best out there today.

Scott February 1, 2013 at 9:53 pm

It’s a great show that gives the viewer the understanding that preachers are people too and they have lives that are not always in the pulpit. Being a deacon in the baptist church and having many pastor and preacher friends, it’s refreshing to see and know that tis is reflection of real life, not some made up and fantasy Christian family. Yes, believe it o not Christians do have fun, we make mistakes and most of all we are human beings that sometimes swear, make love to our husbands and wives, sing a blues song every now and then, drink a glass of wine occasionally and even tell a lie or two from time to time.

Laila January 5, 2013 at 11:28 pm

So happy it’s returning I was starting to worry lol I will definitely be watching

ROBIN November 28, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I really liked Soul Man! I am happy for Cedric, it’s about time something was written to compliment him. Neicy Nash as his wife is a good fit! They’re funny! Also glad to see the young lady who plays their daughter. She was replaced on wife & kids by the lighter skinned actress( who was good) and played their oldest daughter originally. And the brother is typically hilarious and cute!

Kimberly November 24, 2012 at 4:43 am

I am very happy to hear Soul Man is returning to TV Land!!
I really enjoy the show. It is great to see the relationship between Boyce and his wife. Nicely and Cedric are fantastic!
VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!