The White Queen: “Cancelled” by BBC, No Season Two

The White Queen canceled, no season twoEven though Starz just premiered their new TV series, The White Queen, we already know there won’t be a second season.

Based on Philippa Gregory’s bestselling historical novel series The Cousin’s War, The White Queen tells the story of three very different women as they attempt to scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne. The cast includes Max Irons, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Janet McTeer, Ben Lamb, Amanda Hale, Tom McKay, Aneurin Barnard, David Oakes, Faye Marsay, and Eleanor Tomlinson.

The show is co-financed by the BBC in the United Kingdom and Starz here in the states. The 10-part series began airing on BBC1 in June and completed its run last Sunday night.

According to Broadcast Now, the BBC has maintained that The White Queen was intended to run just one season. However, Gregory had hinted that there were hopes to continue the drama via an adaptation of The White Princess. That novel follows the story of Elizabeth of York who went on to marry Henry VII, the first Tudor King.

It now appears that a continuation won’t be happening. A BBC spokesperson said, “The White Queen will not be returning, but it is important to note that it was never actually conceived as a returnable series.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The White Queen won’t be continuing in some form? Are you glad that the story was designed to wrap after 10 episodes?

latrice October 20, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I love this show i can not wait to get off of work to see it please be a second season.

Anonymous October 20, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I really enjoyed this series. I would definitely watch a second season.

temeka October 20, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I love the show please bring it back the story feel so real I have so much emotin with the series,I feel that’s what make a story good when you can bring your vewer a part of the story.

Anonymous October 20, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I loved this series, and would love to see it continue, so upset it is not.

Molly October 20, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I’m obsessed with the show and I’m really disappointed there won’t be a season two!

Coco October 20, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I think that suks bout it not being a season 2.they shudnt get people watchin every week jus to end it lik that.broke my heart lik reading a gud book the author didnt finish.damn u BBC.i mite have to stop watching your station all together.

Belinda October 20, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I really love seeing the history of this time period come to life. I wish there was a second season or at least episodes up to Henry VIII.

aprilw October 20, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I loved the series. Yes, there were slow points but overall just loved the characters. So machavellian the way they plotted everything. So disappointed there won’t be more. Starz irritates me when they won’t pony up the $$$ on UK productions. They just want to get you hooked on some other new series that in the end, won’t continue either.

anonymous October 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I will miss this series it was quite interesting, I watched it every Saturday. Sad to see it go.

Cristina G October 20, 2013 at 6:12 pm

We thought the series lacked closure,
So much material for the series to end in one season.

Please bring back a second season.

Aubree October 20, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Really, this must be a rumor? Never have I kept up with a more deserving series.

Anonymous October 20, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I think Starz should do a second series….this one was wonderful and there is so much yet to see

Teresa October 20, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I was really hoping it would continue! I loved the show! The ending left an opening for it to continue. I hope Starz & BBC will change their minds for the fans.

Kim Kowanko October 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I would definitely watch another season. I hope they will reconsider.

Diana October 20, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Excellent !! Why cancel a good series? I enjoyed it and thought the actors did a great job. Why drop a good thing?