Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

JENNIFER May 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm

yes im very sad that the shows canceled im a big fan of kierf i watch evry fri it make my night good love jen and other things

Lena May 27, 2013 at 11:05 am

Do you guys know that there’s a petition out there to bring the show back. Just go to change.org, type in touch in the search box, click on the top article, scroll down to the messages from the creator of the petition, and there’s a hyperlink to the new Touch petition. I know its a long back road way to the petition, but its the only way I’ve found so far to get to it. And I strongly encourage to upload the hyperlink to the Touch facebook page. I would do it myself, but I dont have a page.

Jackson May 26, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I don’t watch that much on Fox but enjoyed Touch. Now, as usual, I’ll switch to watching others shows. FOX, like the other networks has made serious mistakes in the past and just continues to make serious mistakes in the present. Too damn bad. The viewer who commented on HULU and DVR is quite right. I was not always home on Friday nights. Also, I agree with the viewer about too much reality TV. Actually, reality TV bores me to no end. If a show doesn’t have value, I don’t watch it. Touch had value as it dealt with an autistic kid, and his issues in dealing with the world and his father trying to help and understand him. What a loss. Fox can go to blazes.

Robin May 26, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I’m devastated that Touch has been cancelled. It was the one program that my husband and both enjoyed watching together. First Lost and now Touch! Well written show that kept us on the edge of our seats. What a disappointment.

Zainal May 26, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Touch was one show that illustrated the notion of everything happining for a reason. A marvelous show. Iam watching this online in Fiji and only hope that somehow this show could continue please. Thanks

Tammy Rowe May 26, 2013 at 12:35 am

I loved this program, showing how people in some way or another how we in fact are all connected. Very important to remember that.
I to hate all the reality TV and other mindless shows
I wish they would continue this program, they do always get rid of the good programs.
I don’t watch much TV, and each time I start to enjoy a program like touch and fringe its gone, very disappointed

Bob May 24, 2013 at 2:27 am

I feel like I’ve lost a dear friend who had the ability to always make me feel good in the end!

Connie May 24, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I am devastated this is canceled! It was so well written, but not enough people have woken up yet to truly appreciate the deep messages in this show!!! So many things that my son talked about when he was here & after he passed (my husband is a medium) were in this show! It is such a profound & powerful show, but the muggle population isn’t ready for it yet I guess. What a pity! Thank you to the producers for having the guts to put out such an “out of the box” show!

JC May 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm

So disappointed! I’ve just become addicted to it this season. So, of course it’s cancelled. I loved the boy’s monologue. It always gave me something to thing about.

Lisa May 22, 2013 at 11:42 am

I loved watching Touch. I think if they would have stayed with the seemingly unconnected stories coming together in the end and showing how they were all related to the main story they would not have lost viewers. Those stories are what made the first season so great.

ellie May 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm

REALLY ! I love Touch , and many of the other programs Fox keep cancelling . Why do people want watch reality shows ? I love programs like touch to escape reality for a moment . You idiots Fox !!

Debby May 19, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I guess with all the trashy reality shows on tv today, smart intelligent programs like Touch don’t stand a chance. Shows like the Bachelor, Wife Swap, and Mob Wives seem to stay on forever. It really makes me wonder about the intelligence of the American people, and the tv execs behind these decisions. Just totally frustrated & disgusted!!

Darrell May 20, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Agree 100%…sorry to see Touch cancelled as it had a rare unique story line…compared to the garbage ‘reality’ things on TV where the american public continues to make talentless hacks (like the Kardashians) wealthy it never stood a chance.

TouchLESS May 19, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Very sad to see it gone, maybe they will change their minds? Problem is.. people cannot think anymore.. if it isn’t brainless chatter people don’t like it.. the attention span for adults is gone and this show actually took a bit of concentration and thought – My fav show along side of POI – I really do hope they bring it back.. I cannot imagine taking Touch off and leaving some of the garbage that they are keeping – very sad indeed.

M. May 19, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I too am very sorry to see it go the way of Fringe, another very interesting Sci-Fi !

Nicky May 19, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Wow the only intelligent show that has ever come out of fox is cancelled. A great show has just gone to waste at the hands of fox while mindless horrible shows stay on the channel good job fox another stupid desicion fromthe stupid people who run the channel i applaude you

carol May 19, 2013 at 10:09 am

I cannot believe they cancelled touch! I loved that show and so looked forward to watching it. I loved all the actors and the whole meaning of the show. So disappointed. They get rid of the awesome series after your hooked and bring on stupid reality shows! I’m totally pissed off at fox!