United States of Tara: Showtime Comedy Cancelled; No Season Four

United States of Tara canceled season fourWhile Nurse Jackie has been renewed for a fourth season, Showtime has decided that they’ve had enough of their other Monday night comedy, United States of Tara. The latter TV series has been cancelled after three seasons.

Starring Toni Collette, United States of Tara revolves around a suburban wife and mother who suffers from multiple personalities. Others in the cast include Brie Larson, John Corbett, Keir Gilchrist, and Rosemarie DeWitt.

Collette has been nominated for three Emmy awards for the role and won in 2009 for outstanding lead actress in a comedy series. Debuting in January of 2009, the TV series was created by Diablo Cody and was based on an idea from Steve Spielberg.

Should Tara have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tara’s rating have been sliding for awhile so the cancellation isn’t actually a big shock. Last season, Tara averaged more than 550,000 viewers while season three to date is down more than 40%, averaging about 325,000.

In addition to tonight’s, there are three episodes left in season three. The series finale is set to air on June 20th and is titled “The Good Parts.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that there won’t be a fourth season or was it time for United States of Tara to end?

Ihilani April 20, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Bah! I love this show soooo much!! Toni Collete is SUCH a talented actress, she was AMAZING playing this role. I am so incredibly sad to see that it ended at Season 3, they could have gone another several seasons and I would have been there to watch every single one at LEAST three times! Also, John Corbett was/is sexy as hell. And I aint gonna lie… I’d do Buck too lol **** Nurse Jackie, that show has NOTHING on USOT! We miss you, Tara!!

Sylvia Rodriguez April 19, 2015 at 11:56 am

Huge mistake loved this show, I finally found a show my husband and family would sit and actually watch together. No ending… u could have at least put an ending to it come on esp with the writer of this story has so much classic movies and great imagination i can only imagine what he would have done.

Sonya Sackett January 16, 2015 at 11:20 am

I am very sad to see that there’s no season 4 on United States of Tara!! It’s the best show I’ve ever seen! What a great cast!! Great job everyone!! You should all continue acting, every single one of you!! Thanks for what you did air!!

Mike December 4, 2014 at 1:05 am

this was a very very very very good showone that is full of all different emotionsI don’t know how many people I’ve told about it I went out and bought all three seasonsmost of my family has borrowed them and watched it thought it was great where season 4get busy make it

kk November 4, 2014 at 1:39 pm

this one is a winner. i watched the first three seasons, then watched them again. i’m amazed at the thick oblivian of whomever makes these “green light” decisions; this show is leading edge. it’s probably too late to rev it up again, but i hope those in charge realize it was a mistake to cancel.
and who the hell is nurse jackie??

Anonymous April 17, 2015 at 1:05 am

Agreed… Whoever end cancelled this show at Showtime are idiots! TV is dying, because of decisions like this. I never even knew the show was on in it’s Hay day. Just watched all 3 seasons and loved it! They’re losing tons of money in royalties by not having at least 2 more seasons to this show. Huge mistake, huge!

Anonymous September 3, 2014 at 12:21 pm

We need the show back it just can’t end that way

ree June 25, 2014 at 1:32 am

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so shattered

M. December 3, 2013 at 4:56 am

continue the show you cock suckers

Jenifer Klatt September 18, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I am so sad this show was cancelled. I just now watched all three seasons in their entirety and am so impressed with the acting and writing. THere wasn’t a single episode that didn’t blow my mind! As someone touched on earlier, this show was realistic and touched on real problems that families have to deal with every day. And it’s therapeutic for anyone suffering from D.I.D. and/or bringing up a family in this multifaceted/destructive environment, and translating this into a tv show which everyone can relate. It’s bewildering to me, the shows that continue, with consective seasons, that don’t come close to the excitement and creativity that Tara delivered. It really makes you wonder what in the hell people find entertaining! Anyway, if anyone is listening or reading this…please contact the cast of this show and offer them a chance to continue this awesome and thrilling ride ! Tara, Max, Kate, Marshal, Charm, Neil and baby….Your fans love you and miss you!!!!

Sincerely,

Jenifer

Samallison September 6, 2013 at 8:45 pm

BRING IT BACK!! Such a great show! 3 seasons was not enough!!

Lee July 27, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Right up there with House of Cards for extraordinary writing and acting. Bring it back! Maybe try a different night.

michelle June 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm

i am absoutlety pissed they cancelled the show!!! it was such a unique and funny series they need to put it back on the air! buck needs to kick some ass!!! PUT THE SHOW BACK ON

Mark April 22, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I agree…It sucks that such a great well written series has to end..Just goes to show, the foolish lame ass shows people prefer to watch

cheryl April 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Exstremely unhappy1 ! Loved this show it was dramatic,funny,sadistic and a real problem in American society! I wanted to see if Tara realy received the help she needed and got better or if she continued to piss on her father.

richie February 25, 2013 at 1:45 am

Very unhappy about this!!!!!!!!!! no ending loved the show. And ending of some sort. I have bought the dvd’s to watch when it was on…And you do this to us…