Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Canceled and renewed TV show

418 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lindsay says

Sorry to see this show being Canceled. The story provided good storieline sand yes the younger Audience probably couldn’t relate the background, but that was how the west was developed and I hope that it has a second life as more showes being developed and shown.

2. vicki says

Vegas gone….of course, we (the viewers) don’t fall into the 18-48 watcher group. I suppose another “REALITY” show will appear, just what we need, another person or persons getting their 30 seconds of fame via the 18-48 viewer group……what a dissapointment that the “special group” of TV viewer needs to live their lives through the stupidity of these people.

• Anne says

No, no, no. What CBS will do is make Las Vegas the vampire capital of the U.S., with Chiklis as head Vampire and Quaid as the Vampire Killer. THEN it might appeal to a younger crowd…those who are either home with babysitters or too young to stay out past 9.

3. Mary Aurigemma says

One of the best shows I have ever seen is being cancelled. Great story line and acting in this day of reality show TV. This show needs to be given at least 2 years to gain a solid viewing audience, but off it goes. If it was a reality show it would have been given more time. This stinks.

4. Katherine Bakis says

I am so sorry that Vegas is cancelled, I don’t understand why there are so many terrible reality shows(which I think are horrible) still on TV, but Vegas is a terrific show with awesome actors, please bring it back.

5. Jane Vazquez says

Let cable pick up these programs, Vegas was great and the actors deserve more time. Best of the best

6. Tim k says

I really liked this show, it read like a good suspense book, CBS doesn’t,t have a clue. Another season would have proved me right!

7. Joe L. says

Great actors and acting, Great stories we watch the show faithfully as do a lot of our friends. Don’t think however is monitoring the ratings on this show (Neilson?) Is accurate. What a blunder cancelling this quality show.

8. MM says

What a shame to cancel Vegas! We looked forward to it every week and if we couldn’t be home we always recorded it. Good show, loved the actors, especially Dennis Quaid. The story lines were good, some truth and some stretch, not a reality show, thank goodness! Writers couldn’t have run out of material, Vegas has a long and colorful history to keep us entertained for a long time. Bring it back!

9. Irene says

I am so disappointed. Vegas was one of my all time favourites. Loved the cast and the story lines. Great to go back in time. It brought back memories…the cars, the fashions, the hairdos. I think I’ll go back to reading more books…no-one can cancel on you.

10. Mike says

Why do shows that get 6-7 million viewers get cancelled just because the demo is low (0.9 in Vegas case). The 18-49 demo doesn’t have money to pay for things they see in the commercials. Viewers 50 and older probably have more money anyway. Very stupid shows with demos over 1.0 but 2.5 million viewers are surviving. Doesn’t make sense to me.

11. says

This is real smart. You want the 18-49 age bracket, so you place the show on Friday night when they’re all out-on-the-town.

Please step up to the plate TNT.