Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Karie May 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Looked forward every week to watching Vegas. Why is it that every time a good show is on where the actors are over 50, the series gets bounced around until it gets canned for “low” ratings? (i.e. Harry’s Law) Maybe USA or TNT would like to have a good show to add to their already great line up. SHAME ON YOU CBS!! Are all your execs there under 30 years old, or did vegas come on past your bedtimes? Renew for season two!!

Debbie May 13, 2013 at 5:18 pm

My husband just about ONLY watches re-runs of old tv shows like “I Love Lucy”, “M*A*S*H” and “The Beverly Hillbillies”. Well we FINALLY found ONE show that we can both agree to watch together and enjoy and CBS decides to cancel it! That figures!! NOT SMART, CBS!!!

Jim May 13, 2013 at 5:15 pm

CBS use to give shows like this a little more time to develop.
The story contiued to improve as the show settledown during the season.

The network need to rethink this cancelation.

Dave May 13, 2013 at 4:58 pm

CBS ought to rethink this move. This was a good show!

volvogirl May 13, 2013 at 4:47 pm

this was one of the better shows on TV, enjoyed it every week. storyline, the 60s, Vegas, and 2 of the best actors around. please order a 2nd season!!!! there have been shows worse that you gave a 2nd season to.

DWH May 13, 2013 at 4:30 pm

CBS is clueless. Vegas is a great show. It will end up on cable where I will watch it. Other than sports CBS doesn’t have much anymore.

Peter Stanik May 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I loved this show and think moving it to Friday nights was a major mistake. Looks like I will be watching Alott more cable channels and a lot less CBS

Dave May 13, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Great show! Bunch of crap

RG May 13, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Just another example of how any well done show that isn’t driven by social issues, and illicit sex is thrown by the way side, what a quality program. Hard to believe the garbage you put up with that they renew. It’s like people above 40 are completely disregarded. Just like getting rid of Leverage, and Touch , thought provoking shows for intelligent people are not put up with, its alarming, if not for ESPN I would cancel my satellite.

Kelly Stamps May 13, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Love. love, loved this show!! I’m so burned out on reality shows. This had an amazing cast and great story line, I certainly hope another network picks this up. Please listen to the viewers and keep this on!

Anonymous May 13, 2013 at 2:31 pm

huge mistake cancelling this!

Sally May 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I really liked this show – it did take a week or two to get into it – but it was a great story of early Vegas. Very disappointed it was cancelled :(

PAULETTE May 13, 2013 at 1:54 pm

This show was awesome! Maybe you should keep it on the same night throughout a season and have an episode every week instead of on one week off for three weeks then back on for two then off for one! No wonder you can’t get any viewers! My DVR is the only thing that saved us. SHAME ON YOU CBS!!!!

Karl May 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Very sad to see this show go! Maybe AMC will pick it up and put it next to Mad Men. Another show that suffers exec decision to move to a different night..sigh…

Network TV really is pretty poor nowadays.

jim May 13, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I am going to miss it. I suppose it didn’t have enough sex in it to satisfy some folks.