Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Canceled and renewed TV show

417 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Faye says

Another management decision by the powers that be of CBS who probably haven’t sat down to watch any of their own programming. As in any business, leave it to the management to screw up the ratings…not the programming. Vegas was refreshing, had a great cast with obvious chemistry. CBS will probably fill the slot with another mindless reality show or some half-baked comedy. They better start to figure out that it’s the older baby-boomers that are sitting in and watching prime time TV and they need to amend their programming mind set.

2. Anonymous says

Vegas was refreshing, entertaining and had a great cast. We don’t need any more slap-stick comedies, detective stories with comedic/jerky officers or another mindless reality show. Vegas gets canned because of the demographics? Give me a break. It would be nice if it were picked up by another network. Hope CBS falls on it’s arse.

3. K Williams says

My husband and I watched VEGAS faithfully.
    We thought this was a great show, great script every episode
    and great actors. It is very disappointing to learn
    that yet another great show gets canceled while nonsensical
    shows keep getting renewed. CBS disappoints once again. Why do we
    keep falling for this trap? You see a show’s potential to be a great
    long-time running show, you watch it faithfully and then it gets yanked
    from the air. Vegas was a breath of fresh air, compared
    to the many shows, airing on tv, that are just a copy of
    something that’s already been done or is currently airing
    on tv. Way to disappoint us again CBS.

4. Ray says

My whole family loved to watch Vegas and learn a little about how Las Vegas became what it is today. I thought the actors were great. The story kind of wandered a little when Rizzo was killed off. But I loved the show and was looking for more.

5. Linda says

Wow! I can’t believe it! This was one show that both my husband and I loved to watch. It was something different than the usual cop/detective show. Who cares about the 19 to 49 demographic, there are more of us baby boomers now; so let us keep watching a show that we like. Enough with the reality shows already!

6. says

This is riddiculous. Vegas happens to be a good TV show. My mom and dad love watching it every Friday. I even have watched a little bit of it too. Quit it with all the reality shows that you air and premiere every day!!

7. donna wellwood says

Vegas was great. It’s Golden Boy that sucks. What the hell is going in in the TV world these days?

8. Bonnie says

I am upset that Vegas has been cancelled in favor of more “reality” shows that aren’t worth watching. I found this show awesome and enjoyed it immensely.

9. tim wardrip says

Again a network that does the unthinkable and cancels a great new series based on overnight ratings for no good reason other than 19 to 49 age group, I, like a lot of others, record this and other shows to watch the next day. The people watching this series have emotional ties to the time period and or the city and can tell the difference between the usual crap shows so prevalent these days IE the gay/lesbian family, belittling your spouse or kids and just another crime drama with make believe crimes that do not reflect the real world. If this was the 60s or 70s we would not have had All in the Family or Mash. May be CBS needs to hire a more mature person to rate these shows not some sniveling game playing Geek kid who never experienced life outside his game room. Lets hope some other network picks this show up, as the rating , despite all the growing pains and interruptions still exceeded anything similar that NBC or ABC puts out.

• Jill says

I am a Vegas Girl.. My roommate and I LOved LOved!!!! this show. We live here and this is HISTORY. This must of been an Obama decision. If it was on FOX, it would have never been cancelled. We lovers of Vegas are pissed!!!!!