Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Faye May 15, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Another management decision by the powers that be of CBS who probably haven’t sat down to watch any of their own programming. As in any business, leave it to the management to screw up the ratings…not the programming. Vegas was refreshing, had a great cast with obvious chemistry. CBS will probably fill the slot with another mindless reality show or some half-baked comedy. They better start to figure out that it’s the older baby-boomers that are sitting in and watching prime time TV and they need to amend their programming mind set.

Anonymous May 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Vegas was refreshing, entertaining and had a great cast. We don’t need any more slap-stick comedies, detective stories with comedic/jerky officers or another mindless reality show. Vegas gets canned because of the demographics? Give me a break. It would be nice if it were picked up by another network. Hope CBS falls on it’s arse.

K Williams May 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

My husband and I watched VEGAS faithfully.
We thought this was a great show, great script every episode
and great actors. It is very disappointing to learn
that yet another great show gets canceled while nonsensical
shows keep getting renewed. CBS disappoints once again. Why do we
keep falling for this trap? You see a show’s potential to be a great
long-time running show, you watch it faithfully and then it gets yanked
from the air. Vegas was a breath of fresh air, compared
to the many shows, airing on tv, that are just a copy of
something that’s already been done or is currently airing
on tv. Way to disappoint us again CBS.

Ray May 15, 2013 at 4:57 pm

My whole family loved to watch Vegas and learn a little about how Las Vegas became what it is today. I thought the actors were great. The story kind of wandered a little when Rizzo was killed off. But I loved the show and was looking for more.

pat wyatt May 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Great Show, CBS bring the show back for next season.

Linda May 15, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Wow! I can’t believe it! This was one show that both my husband and I loved to watch. It was something different than the usual cop/detective show. Who cares about the 19 to 49 demographic, there are more of us baby boomers now; so let us keep watching a show that we like. Enough with the reality shows already!

Rick May 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Said good by to Chicago Code and now Vegas. What a shame.

Derek Gonyea May 15, 2013 at 2:25 pm

This is riddiculous. Vegas happens to be a good TV show. My mom and dad love watching it every Friday. I even have watched a little bit of it too. Quit it with all the reality shows that you air and premiere every day!!

donna wellwood May 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Vegas was great. It’s Golden Boy that sucks. What the hell is going in in the TV world these days?

gerald bryant May 15, 2013 at 12:04 pm

i will quit watching anything on cbs if they take it off the air

Ken May 15, 2013 at 10:29 am

Let’s do a letter writing campaign.

Bonnie May 15, 2013 at 10:22 am

I am upset that Vegas has been cancelled in favor of more “reality” shows that aren’t worth watching. I found this show awesome and enjoyed it immensely.

j May 14, 2013 at 11:58 pm

what a drag

j May 14, 2013 at 11:55 pm

BULLS**T, I love that show

tim wardrip May 14, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Again a network that does the unthinkable and cancels a great new series based on overnight ratings for no good reason other than 19 to 49 age group, I, like a lot of others, record this and other shows to watch the next day. The people watching this series have emotional ties to the time period and or the city and can tell the difference between the usual crap shows so prevalent these days IE the gay/lesbian family, belittling your spouse or kids and just another crime drama with make believe crimes that do not reflect the real world. If this was the 60s or 70s we would not have had All in the Family or Mash. May be CBS needs to hire a more mature person to rate these shows not some sniveling game playing Geek kid who never experienced life outside his game room. Lets hope some other network picks this show up, as the rating , despite all the growing pains and interruptions still exceeded anything similar that NBC or ABC puts out.

Jill June 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I am a Vegas Girl.. My roommate and I LOved LOved!!!! this show. We live here and this is HISTORY. This must of been an Obama decision. If it was on FOX, it would have never been cancelled. We lovers of Vegas are pissed!!!!!