Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Karlene October 4, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I am shocked to see Vegas was canceled. One of the best shows on tv. My husband and I love that show. All the actors were great. It seems everytime some really good show comes on they get you hooked and then dump the . I sure hope you bring it back.

j f October 4, 2013 at 4:28 pm

once again another awesome edge of the seat gripping show taken off the air.the tv people must not like doing shows from past decades.

Boz October 3, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Should have been renewed. Quade and Chiklis were both terrific!

Jeri Miller October 3, 2013 at 8:05 pm

This was one of the best shows on tv, so naturally, it was cancelled.

“In Plain Sight” and “The Closer” were also very good.

I wonder who makes these decisions?

Sandra Miller October 3, 2013 at 12:51 am

I enjoyed the show, just like – I like Longmire.

Jennifer October 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I loved Vegas & would be very upset if it was cancelled. I looked forward to watching it every week.

Tom Case October 1, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Just started looking for Vegas….cant believe it was cancelled. Really different to other things on tv. It always had a spot on my tivo when I wasnt home.

Coby Michaels October 1, 2013 at 9:03 pm

You have to be kidding me. As long as it is interesting and requires an intelligence above fourth grade, it gets cancelled. Ridiculous. Yet somehow Michael J Fox has a tv show because he has a disease. Guy has not done anything entertaining in over 30 years.

Barb October 1, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I am really sad! I thought Vegas was a great show and was looking forward to it coming back.

Arlene Westbrook September 30, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Waiting and waiting and waiting for Vegas and I find out it was cancelled. I loved that show. Why? So tired of the stupid shows on TV. Please bring Vegas back. Thank you

Linlin September 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am SO upset this show was cancelled. What is wrong with these networks? I am still not over ABC cancelling Pan Am either. This show was AMAZING. Loved it, so disappointed I might cry. I was 5 thru 15 during the decade of the 60s, too young to really appreciate those years in a larger context than my childhood/teen years so I thought this show depicting that era in this city was SO COOL.

Anonymous September 30, 2013 at 3:59 pm

bring it back for another season

Pat September 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Just another good show that bites the dust. There is so much garbage out there, and yet they take this show off the air.

Jane September 28, 2013 at 8:58 pm

So disappointed to find out Vegas was cancelled!! My husband & I loved this show! With so many kiddie/teenage shows out there, it was nice to have something for us older viewers. :(

Dorothy September 27, 2013 at 10:32 pm

When is tv land going to wise up and realize that all ages of people are watching real stories with drama and a storyline ie; “revenge, Nashville and the great detective stories? Where are they getting all these stupid sitcoms about people we don’t want to know? Get with the program cbs and bring back some real tv.