Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Kathleen May 4, 2013 at 8:02 am

PLEASE DO NOT cancel this show. The characters are rich and the storylines are great. It would be a crime to let this jewel go.!

Alicia May 4, 2013 at 1:41 am

Please do not cancel this show. I enjoy watching the retro Vegas. I liked it on Tuesday with NCIS and NCIS LA. What a great night of TV Tuesday used to be.

lorenzo May 4, 2013 at 1:05 am

Of all the frilly shows out there for the youngsters, a true story drama of Vegas and its beginnings needs to continue to the end, but not now – ever! Please keep it going on…

lfletcher May 4, 2013 at 12:04 am

One of the best shows on tv. Why would the network even think about cancelling this show? I look forward to ending a very long work week with a glass of red wine, Dennis Quaid and Mike Chiklis.

Rick May 3, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Please don’t cancel. This is a great show!!!

carol frost May 3, 2013 at 11:24 pm

My husband and I absolutely love this series, Dennis Quaid and the other stars have done a great job. Please don’t cancel.

Sue Dashiell May 3, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Please stop canceling all the good shows. If Vegas is such a big hit why would it be canceled.

bobiscool May 3, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Good show. I hope it continues.

Anonymous May 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Love this show!

Megan May 3, 2013 at 9:58 pm

PLEASE do not cancel Vegas. It is such an entertaining show and unlike any other show on right now. There are so many CSI type shows, “reality” shows, and way too many stupid sit-coms with some of them down-right vulgar. Vegas is refreshing by comparison. It is action packed, but in a more believable way, and there is always a sub-plot or two, which makes it even more interesting. I enjoy the characters very much as well–great castining! Vegas is defintely my favorite show, my teen-age kids enjoy it and love to see what it was like in the 60’s, my husband is hooked on it, many of my friends like it, and even my parents like it! I beg of you to keep the show going. Oh, and I must mention, personally I think Vegas is a good fit for Friday night as a lead in to Blue Bloods, another show I like. Why? Because it’s also more believable. Please give Vegas a chance to prove itself! Thanks!

Megan May 3, 2013 at 9:44 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! It is one of the better shows on right now. Everyone in my family likes it–both my husband and I, my teenage kids,

Susan May 3, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Great show, DON’T CANCEL, PLEASE. Good actors, great story, breath of fresh air.

Mike Manzotti May 3, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Do not cancel. It’s a great show. I wish it was back on tuesday instead of Golden Boy but I’d settle for leaving it on Friday just so it stays on.

Brinda May 3, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I LOVE THE VEGAS SHOW……I LOVE ALL THE PLAYERS…..IT IS A GREAT SHOW….I DID LIKE IT BETTER ON TUES NIGHTS….BUT I’LL STILL WATCH ON FRIDAY NIGHTS……
I ONLY HAVE THREE FAVORITE SHOWS……GRIMM / PERSON OF INTEREST/ AND VEGAS…….
WHEN THEY CHANGED VEGAS TO FRIDAY NIGHTS GRIMM WAS ON @ THE SAME TIME .,,,,,BUT NOW GRIMM HAS CHANGED TO TUES NIGHTS…..
WHEN THEY WERE BOTH ON FRIDAYS I HAD TO WATCH ONE SHOW AND RECORD THE OTHER…….

SO PLEASE DONT CANCELL VEGAS…..GREAT SHOW…….!!!!!!!!!!

Holly May 3, 2013 at 5:16 pm

DO NOT CANCEL this show!!!! It is one of the VERY FEW shows me and my husband both enjoy and will watch together!! Also one of the few I can actually watch with my kids still awake!!! NO MORE CRAP shows please!! LEAVE VEGAS ALONE!!!!!!