Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.

Series Finale:
Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,875 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Marian says

I can not understand why they cancelled this show and keep other ignorant shows going. Great character development and shory lines. Could not wait to see it each week. Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. chris cutshaw says

GREAT SHOW It should not have been cancelled spot moving the show and give it at least one more season.

3. Renee says

Vegas should be brought back. It was well written & acted. My husband & I enjoyed the show and were so looking forward to the new series. Two votes to bring it back.

4. susan says

I think you’re crazy for cancelling a show my husband and I look forward to every week! This was our favorite! Never missed a single night. Get your heads out of your dark hole and see the light. Dennis Quaid was amazing! Let us enjoy tv again and not that crappy reality stuff. People feel reality everyday! We need a way to get away from that now and then!!!!!!

5. Lisa says

I enjoyed this show and watched it with my 16 year old son each week. It figures that a show I really like is cancelled and shows like Wilfred somehow keep getting renewed.

6. Rex says

One of the best shows in recent years. Net work people must not care what the public likes when shows like Vegas get cancelled and crap shows keep playing. Where are your heads?

7. Dave says

Too bad they cancelled this show. Loved it and once again they cancel a good TV show. I suppose they will replace it with yet ANOTHER reality show.

8. Hikin' Dave says

Best action show I’ve seen in a few years. Historically accurate and two great headline actors and some great supporting characters as well. I’m shocked that it was cancelled so soon especially after it’s initial huge success. Really short sighted by CBS.

9. Ginny Wright says

I heard that the series was being canceled due to great costs of the sets. Well heck, haven’t they already got them now? What else do they need? I loved the show. It was interesting and had great actors. And Mia wasn’t the only good one. They were all good in their part. I really wish it could keep going.

10. Ron says

the series is excellent, coming from this 50+ viewer, it ticks me off when all to often a real good show comes along that I get into and it does last long. Don’t people see a great show when ones comes along.

11. Kathy says

I loved this show and the characters are so wonderful. I just don’t understand why this kind of show is cancelled and crap like “the bachelor” keep going. I say we give a dozen roses to VEGAS and none to the bachelor