White Collar: Sixth (Final?) Season Uncertain with April Deadline

White Collar season six: cancel or renew?Ordinarily, While Collar would have already been renewed for another season and pre-production would be underway. Deadline reports that hasn’t happened because USA and Fox TV Studios haven’t come to an agreement yet. In fact, they supposedly haven’t really been discussing it very much at all.

Word is that season six will likely be the show’s final run but it’s unclear what form it will take. USA is favoring a short season while Fox would like a regular length final season.

The show has become more expensive but the studio is supposeldy open to taking on a larger portion of the cost and to give USA a lower license fee deal. It seems likely that a deal will be worked out but the timing is up in the air.

Unfortunately, because of the delay, the writing staff has moved on to other projects. Crewmembers have taken other jobs on pilots so many won’t be available until April. In addition, there are options on the cast until the end of April so they can’t take on roles in pilot projects until USA and Fox make up their minds on how to proceed.

One way or the other, a decision about White Collar’s future will have to be made in the next couple months.

What do you think? Should White Collar return for a sixth and final season? Would you like a mini-series or a movie? Is it time for the show to end?

47 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. CJ says

There definitely needs to be more White Collar. The basic premise of this show leaves so many potential story lines yet to explore. I just hope that whoever is writing the new episodes they will finally allow Neal and Peter to move forward, and not constantly find annoying and unrealistic ways to ramp up the distrust again. Let the characters grow, and we’ll follow on their journey. But this stringing us along, waiting for word, really sucks :-(

2. says

My wish is that U.S.A. Network renew White Collar even if it is for the final season.
    It is one of the few cable series that has such an outstanding and talented cast;
    and the characters on the show are so endearing and I think that I speak for other
    fans as well that they are characters that fans really care about and love to watch.
    I am hoping that U.S.A. will honor the fans and give fans final season, if it is
    decided to cancel White Collar.

3. Suzanne says

I love White Collar! It needs renewed for at least season 6 but I would love more seasons. Please don’t leave us wondering what happened to our beloved characters

4. Naomi says

I really like White Collar. It is time for things to change, and maybe it is time to end the series, but I really like the show. and would hate to see it end. It is one of the few shows I watch each week now.

5. Patricia says

Yes, I feel that White Collar should have a full season 6 or even more. It is one of the best written shows on tv. It gets great critical reviews. White collar has a very talented cast Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffany Theissen, Willie Garson, Sharif Atkins and Marsha Thompson. They make the show fun and exciting. White Collar has good ratings and have great demos in the right audience age group. They help bring tourists to New York. I love this show I hope it will not only have a full sixth season but have many more seasons to come. Please keep White Collar on the air. Thank you.

6. jackie says

I almost just ignored this article because like others here have said there are to many loose ends to tie up that this couldn’t be real.. Then I realized if no one speaks up then how will the executives see what we the viewer see. Which is a great show with some great stories that are still yet to be told. There are few shows that I look forward to watching but White Collar has always been a highlight of my week. I hate that USA has such short seasons but since they were great at advertising I always knew when the next one was beginning. Since they have announced that Psyche is ending I think it would be a huge mistake to not bring White Collar back. It seems that ever since they cancelled Monk that the USA network is looking for a quick fix. The fact is they have good shows they need to get better writers that will help the shows they still have rather than bring others on board and try to have them build a fan base from nothing.

7. says

Yes,come back for at the very least one full final season, preferably longer. What will they replace it with? Some stupid reruns or perhaps they can get their very own ” hunters “.

8. Jennifer says

I agree, White Collar needs to come back. Even if it is for one final (full, please!) season, it needs to be back so all the loose ends can be tied up and we can finally see our heroes Neal and Peter come into the best things in life they deserve. I’ll be really disappointed if they can’t reach a deal to, at the very least, tie things up and give the fans a satisfying close to this amazing series.

9. Patricia says

Yes, there should be a final regular season or more. They should give the show a proper ending. I really hope they will continue and do further seasons as well. I feel they have a lot more stories they could tell. White collar is a critically acclaimed show. It is one of the best written shows on tv. This show has a wonderful and talented cast in Matt Bomer, Tim Dekay, Willie Garson, Marsha Thompson, Sharif Atkins, and Tiffanie Theissen. It has loyal fans in the right demo areas. I love this show and hope that it will continue to air for many seasons to come.It would be a shame to not keep it on the air.

10. Danielle says

It better come back! There’s too many loose ends to tie up. This is my favorite show. If it doesn’t come back, I’ll cry :(

11. Maureen says

Yes the regular season should return. Love the show. Delay much more and it seems dead. That would be a shame. Keep the shows coming of white Collar.