Whitney

Whitney TV seriesNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 38 (half-hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 22, 2011 — March 27, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Whitney Cummings, Chris D’Elia, Zoe Lister-Jones, Maulik Pancholy, Rhea Seehorn, and Dan O’Brien.

current TV show

TV show description:
This multi-camera revolves around Whitney (Whitney Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. She’s a smart, free-thinking photographer and the product of a divorced home. He’s an easygoing, smart guy who sold his Internet company. They’ve been together for three years but the pair are in no rush to tie the knot, a set-up that gets a mixed response from their friends.

Lily (Zoe Lister-Jones) is a romantic idealist who loves being in love and unapologetically wants to get married to her “perfect man,” Neal (Maulik Pancholy). He’s a real modern day Renaissance man — a sensitive and cool guy who knows a little bit about everything.

Roxanne (Rhea Seehorn) is a recent divorcee who is practical, cynical and dreading being single again. She’s not afraid to speak her mind, but has not given up on love completely. Lily and Roxanne’s opposing points of view only exacerbate Whitney’s own complicated outlook on relationships.

Whitney and Alex’s next-door neighbor, Mark (Dan O’Brien), is a police officer and total bachelor. He claims to be the ultimate player, but mostly likes to talk a good game.

At the end of the day, Whitney and Alex try to have a relationship on their own terms — in a world that expects a much more traditional approach.
space

Series Finale

Episode #38 — Cake, Cake, Cake
During a casual stroll in the park, Alex and Whitney stumble upon Whitney’s therapist eating a full cake by herself. At the bar, Mark notices that RJ is in a great mood, and the gang soon discovers that RJ is dating someone who he really seems to like. RJ refuses to reveal the identity of his new girlfriend, but his offer to hook Mark up on a blind date makes Roxanne jealous.

The next day, Whitney meets with her therapist, Dr. Price, and admits that she saw her in the park eating cake. Dr. Price immediately becomes defensive and quits on the spot. Back at the bar, Mark brings his date to meet the gang. Roxanne’s jealousy makes her bitter and rude to Mark’s date, and Lily advises her to be nice.

Meanwhile, Whitney complains about her weird therapist and Alex assures her that she doesn’t really have any problems anymore. Alex says that, from now on, he’ll act as Whitney’s therapist. Eventually, he convinces Whitney that she’s actually happy now. Whitney decides to invite Dr. Price over to make friends and eat cake, and Whitney and Alex realize that they’re incredibly happy.

Mark finally talks to Roxanne about her behavior in the bar. He tells Roxanne that he’s only going on dates because Roxanne won’t go out with him, and he’s tired of wasting time waiting for her. The next day, Roxanne finds Mark in the park and confesses that she’s afraid to be in a healthy relationship. Mark and Roxanne finally share a kiss, and she can’t contain her excitement.
First aired: March 27, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Whitney TV series? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Tom Armour May 15, 2013 at 12:27 am

Will miss Whitney!

Anonymous May 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

ALL Networks Suck anymore, it’s not like the 70’s or 80’s where they actually let things grow and become a great show. If some of those shows from back then came out today I bet most would not see a season 2. It sucks because all these TV Executives have such a SHORT attention span nothing good last and all we’re left with is REALITY CRAP, Like Who’s the best baker or whatever stupid real world reality BS they want to force down our throats… I Hope SOME OTHER Network is smart enough to Pick up WHITNEY ( it was one of the few that I actually laughed with. as well as GO ON and GUYS WITH KIDS.. all I can say is SCREW THE BIG 3 Networks they SUCK!!! (ABC, CBS & NBC)

Kat May 12, 2013 at 8:08 am

Really NBC that’s how you roll …canceled Whitney my husband and I love this show …M Dadv and sister watched it and they live in Canada we used to call each other and did you watch Whitney the oter night we would all comment on the shown always saying cant wait for next weeks episode truly will miss tha show ..find a way to bring it back new night or time sonething ..

Linda May 11, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I can’t believe NBC is cancelling Whitney. Funny, sophisticated. She’s surrounded by a wonderful ensemble that really clicks.

Kerry May 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

LOVE HER (the show)– She’s so much like me!! I totally got her humor and always felt great after watching an episode!!! I guess the only positive; would be; I can still get a lil’ Whitney from her part in the making of : 2 Broke Girls.

Donna grant October 6, 2012 at 7:09 pm

One of our favorite sows! Enjoy all the characters and look forward to another season.

Dave May 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Great Show, Love her attitude. Would enjoy a second season so please don’t cancel.

Tracy May 8, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show. I get the giggles more during this show than any other!

Anonymous May 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Love it!!!

partriconfire April 14, 2012 at 3:50 am

I’ve been trying to find a replacement for it since it closed out it’s first season about a month ago. No luck so far. All of the new shows are not funny as Whitney. I don’t want to wait till the fall to see more shows.
Whitney has a great mix of funny and heart. Love Rox and Alex but the Lilly chick is pretty out there and funny too.

Bev April 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I totally love Whitney!! She is hilarious! The haters are simply not fast enough to follow the humor. They should just change the channel and watch something on the new Oprah network.

raquel March 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE Whitney!!!! I don’t understand why nobody likes it? Oh wait jersey shore is still on, i forgot people are stupid.

Heather March 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!!!!! I look forward to it each week.

DMR February 5, 2012 at 10:38 am

NBC would do the world a favor by cancelling Whitless, excuse me Whitney. Not funny and vulgar is the kindest I can say about it.

David December 11, 2011 at 1:40 am

Minded dulling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!