Whitney: Season Two Ratings

Whitney season two ratingsLast year, Whitney started out strong in the ratings but the numbers declined over the season and it could have been cancelled. Will the show survive to see a third season? We’ll have to wait and see.

The second season of Whitney typically airs on Wednesday nights on the NBC network and there are 13 episodes. The cast includes Whitney Cummings, Chris D’Elia, Dan O’Brien, Rhea Seehorn, Tone Bell, and Zoe Lister-Jones.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Whitney is going to be cancelled or renewed for a third season.

UPDATE: Whitney has been cancelled after two seasons and 38 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.65 million total viewers.

Episode 02-16: Wednesday, 03/27/13 (finale)
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.88 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.24 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 02-15: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.92 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.26 in the demo with 3.70 million.

Episode 02-14: Wednesday, 03/20/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 3.13 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.28 in the demo with 3.76 million.

Episode 02-13: Wednesday, 03/13/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.38 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.81 million.

Episode 02-12: Wednesday, 03/06/13
1.3 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.83 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 1.31 in the demo with 3.84 million.

Episode 02-11: Wednesday, 02/27/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.31 in the demo with 3.84 million.

Episode 02-10: Wednesday, 02/20/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.14 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.89 million.

Episode 02-09: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.59 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.34 in the demo with 3.97 million.

Episode 02-08: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.56 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 4.02 million.

Episode 02-07: Wednesday, 01/30/13
1.3 in the demo (-7 change) with 3.64 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 4.08 million.

Episode 02-06: Wednesday, 01/09/13
1.4 in the demo (-22% change) with 4.11 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.15 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-05: Wednesday, 01/02/13
1.8 in the demo (+29% change) with 4.96 million (+32% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.16 million.

Episode 02-04: Wednesday, 12/12/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.77 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.96 million.

Episode 02-03: Wednesday, 12/05/12
1.3 in the demo (+18% change) with 3.92 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 4.03 million.

Episode 02-02: Wednesday, 11/21/12
1.1 in the demo (-21% change) with 3.94 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 4.08 million.

Episode 02-01: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.22 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.22 million.

While NBC did improve its performance in the timeslot, it wasn’t a great return for Whitney. This premiere matches the show’s lowest ratings during season one.

Reference point: The first season averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.45 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Whitney TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Amazon.com Widgets

fan May 18, 2013 at 8:44 am

It seems like the networks cancel every single show I like. I think I’m just going to stop watching television.

Renæ April 8, 2013 at 1:28 am

Whitney is the best comedy on TV currently. Hands-down. Please make just one more season. Mark and Roxanne are finally together. We need to see them actually be together on the show over the course of another season. Don’t cancel it just yet.

azublu April 4, 2013 at 3:00 am

I love Whitney!!. Ojala hagan la 3° temporada :) sino :(

Mary J March 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm

You have to bring Whitney and crew back for season three; When it first aired, I was instantly hooked and got my son hooked! Please don’t cancel Whitney; its the only real comedy that I like and I haven’t missed one single episode! Love Whitney and Alex!!

JJ March 27, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I absolutely love Whitney, its one of the few shows that I thrive on i never miss an episode, I really hope it can go another season. There is not enough comedy shows out there and I would hate two see one of the best ones be canceled.

LDG March 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I don’t know why more people aren’t watching this show, it’s hilarious!

Jana Chenier March 27, 2013 at 9:12 pm

This show is definitely the new Seinfeld. It is the highlight of my viewing week. There have been enough very funny moments to make me watch every week. I am looking forward to the reruns.

Malery March 21, 2013 at 4:07 am

I really enjoy Whitney’s humor. I liked Love You, Mean It, and continue to enjoy 2 Broke Girls and Whitney. I hope I get to keep 2 out of 3.

Charlie January 3, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Whitney is THE BEST COMEDY on TV, period. I reminds me of when Seinfeld was struggling and about to be canceled until some network executive’s wife told her husband that she liked it and it just need more time to find an audience.

Maxcina N. December 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I’m a big fan of Whitney – the comic and the show and Chris is growing on me. I loved the latest episode where Whit’s boyfriend, Alex, falls off the stage giving a commencement speech. The line from the Matrix he says right before he falls off is classic. Then Whit’s laughter is horrifyingly funny. I laugh every time I think about it. Also, some situations are a fresh way to tackle old themes. How about when Whitney took off when she and Alex got mugged, leaving both Alex and the mugger completely baffled by her behavior? Overall, the topics are relevant to my life and perspective (single, somewhat-employed 30-something), they address relationships (love & friendship) in a real and humorous way. Their take on this generation’s issues with work, success and personal satisfaction is in line w/reality for many people. I like these characters and I’m invested. We don’t look alike but we feel the same in many ways. I’m in.

DON November 27, 2012 at 1:34 am

The writing and acting are funny… it works…Whitney and cast are keeping us laughing …that works at my house

Duane November 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Good show!

AD November 23, 2012 at 1:39 am

It’s ironic; Whitney Cummings is a writer for 2 Broke Girls, which is much funnier than her own show. Don’t think she lasts a full 2nd season. She is funny, though.