Whodunnit?: Cancel or Keep the ABC Mystery Series?

WHODUNNIT? cancel or keep?Since June, ABC has been airing a murder mystery reality series called Whodunnit?. Has the show been making a killing in the ratings? Should the network cancel or renew it for a second season?

Whodunnit? follows a group of 13 contestants who have been invited to stay in a Beverly Hills mansion. Guided by host/butler Giles (Gildart Jackson), they try to solve the “murders” of other contestants, uncover the killer’s identity, and survive long enough to ultimately win a $250,000 prize.

The show debuted on June 23rd to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.05 million total viewers. It wasn’t a very impressive start and the second episode’s ratings dropped more than 20%, to a 1.0 rating and 3.19 million viewers. The numbers have stayed at roughly those levels ever since.

The ratings are pretty lousy but the small audience has remained consistent and loyal. While ABC could justifiably cancel Whodunnit?, something tells me they may give it a second chance anyway.

The network sometimes decides to give struggling shows a bit more time. For example, they could have cancelled Shark Tank after one season but decided to stick with it instead. Their patience was rewarded and it’s grown into a hit show on Friday nights. Whodunnit? might be lucky as well.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew Whodunnit? for a second season or should they cancel it instead? Have you been watching each week?

anonymous September 4, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Don’t cancel this show…its one of my favorites

Syd July 19, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Please don’t cancel!! It’s my favorite TV show to watch during the summer. Between this show, and Big Brother, my summer is packed with awesome drama!!
Please consider bringing it back.

courtney July 25, 2014 at 3:40 pm

i love this show please bring it back i miss it. it is such a good show

Anonymous June 23, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Fucking renew it already!!! Plz

Kira Doran June 22, 2014 at 4:17 pm

this is my favorite show and i am very angry/dissapointed that it might be canclled. many viewers like watching this show and will be very angry if it is cancelled. you should give the show a second chance and then see how it goes. you cant put a show on for 1 season and then take it off… give the show a second and chance and i bet it will get better ratings. me and a lot of my friends like this show and will be very sad if its cancelled. i suggest putting this show back on tv. look at all the comments above about not wanting you to cancel the show. your not really going to let down all these people by canceling the show, are you? maybe some better advertising would help get more veiwers? 3.19 million viewers isnt much but its not to little either. personaly there are some shows on ABC that can be taken off rather than whodunnit. the bachelor is stupid in my opinion you should’nt have to go on a tv show just to find love. thats silly. i mean really? i understand everybody wants love but going on a tv show to find it? that just shows that you are desperite. Bring back whodunnit!

Kira doran, 11

Katie hensler June 21, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Whodunnit is my all time favorite show please don’t cancel it I have everybody I know watch it every week. I have never found a show like whodunnit its so different and amazingly entertaining

anonymous June 10, 2014 at 11:04 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR A MYSTERY THAT WOULD KEEP ME HOOKED AND INTERESTED AND THIS SHOW DID MORE THAN ENOUGH!!! I LOVED THE FIRST SEASON ABD HOPE TO SEE A A SEASON 2!!!

Anonymous June 9, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I love this show so much!!!!!!! Why cancel such a good show are they crazy!!! I love every show especially survivor, but this one is my favorite out of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEASON 2 SEASON 2 SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous June 7, 2014 at 5:17 pm

his is one of the only tv shows i watch, it was a very unique and different show, i think where abc messed up was on the advertising, it needed to advertise whodunnit alot more, when i watched a commercial on this last summer, it did NOT catch my attention, and one sunday night i was channel surfing and came to abc and watched whoddunit for a while, now look at me, im HOOKED On this show, it would not b smart of abc cancled this one of a kind show, it needs better commercials and advertising, i really hope it gets renewed!

Nicole May 31, 2014 at 1:10 pm

This show is amazing. This is my favorite show. Don’t cancel it. It always leaves me on the edge of my set.

Susan May 30, 2014 at 10:33 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t cancel the show!!!! This is my favorite show and I am a huge fan!!!!!!