Army Wives: Has Lifetime Ordered the Last Episodes? No Season Seven?

Army Wives endingLifetime hasn’t renewed Army Wives for a seventh season but has instead ordered 10 additional episodes for season six. The cable channel initially ordered 13 episodes last May and has now increased that number to 23 installments. Prior to this, the drama’s biggest season order has been 19 episodes.

According to Deadline, the cast and crew are currently filming the sixth season and this move will keep them in continuous production. Army Wives and Drop Dead Diva are the cable channel’s strongest shows and they understandably want to keep them going until they can launch other successful series. Last summer’s new dramas — The Protector and Against The Wall — weren’t big performers. One was cancelled and the other hasn’t been renewed yet.

The original Army Wives actors’ salaries expire at the end of the sixth season. By tacking on additional episodes, Lifetime doesn’t have to renegotiate with them to get more installments. The cable channel is supposedly offering each of the leads an increase of $10,000 per episode, far less than what they’d get if their contracts were renegotiated. The longer season will likely be broken up into two parts.

The cast and crew were expected to wrap season six by February which would have allowed the actors time to audition for new pilots. With Lifetime ordering 10 more episodes, pilot season will be long passed by the time they’re available. Sally Pressman has a holding deal with NBC that will have to be pushed back and Catherine Bell had been fielding offers from networks for new pilots.

It’s been suspected that season six is the show’s last. If that’s indeed true, Lifetime is getting as many episodes as they can out of the cast without having to renegotiate and increase their talent costs.

What do you think? Will there be a seventh season or is season six the end? How long should Army Wives go on?

mimi September 14, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Do not cancel a well watched show…get Dance Moms off….

Priscillalea September 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I have loved this show and would like to see it stay on, but would like it to go back to the way it was. It was getting more and more like a soap opera and we sure do not need anymore of them or that godawful “Dance Moms”….So bring back the military flavor and American pride and please stay on.

Mary Ann September 13, 2012 at 6:44 pm

PLEASE KEEP ARMY WIVES !!! I love this show, my husband loves this show. I’ve gotten friends to watch it and now they love it. Get rid of the stupid shows on lifetime like Dance Moms. No ones needs that crap anyway.

Jill September 14, 2012 at 11:12 am

Totally agree get rid of the crap leave the good ones on

Angie September 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm

KEEP IT! They cannot just leave it the way they did! my husband is not big on chick shows but he even loves it!

Char September 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm

PLEASE DONT’T CANCEL ARMY WIVES. I HAVE LOVED THAT SHOW!!!!!

Char September 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This is one of the best shows on TV. Why, Why, Why cancel it????So you can put another Dance Moms on….What a joke????Keep it on!!!!

kate September 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I think there should be more seasons and episodes. Love this series!!!!!!

Karen Garnick September 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Army Wives – should go on F O R E V E R ! Love the show.

Nancy Arndt September 12, 2012 at 10:59 am

I think ;you guys are crazy not negotiating new contracts, giving all of the cast a hefty raise in salary, and keeping this wonderful series on the air. My husband was in the Marine Corps and I watch this series on a regular basis. I love it. It’s definitely one of my favorite shows and I DO NOT want it to be cancelled.

Jennifer September 11, 2012 at 6:28 pm

ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!……..Of course we need another season of Army Wives!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

janet September 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I loooove Army wives! What are they thinking! Please don’t cancel the series. It is my favorite show!

biggest fan September 11, 2012 at 8:31 am

i love army wives.. please bring back fro season 7

Courtney September 10, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Love, Love, Love Army Wives! It is one of my favorite shows. I’m praying it does not end with season 6.

anonymous September 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I look forward to this Army Wives every sunday. I have watched it from the very beginning and have loved it. Please Please don’t cancel the show, It would be a big mistake lots of people would miss it very much. Listen to your viewers.

Carletta September 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Please keep Army Wives I love this show and letting it go would break my Heart. Please bring it Back