Banshee

Banshee TV showNetwork: Cinemax
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 11, 2013 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Ulrich Thomsen, Frankie Faison, Hoon Lee, Rus Blackwell, Matt Servitto, Demetrius Grosse, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Ryann Shane, Daniel Ross Owens, Lili Simmons, and Ben Cross.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic TV series is set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish country. It revolves around an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the murdered sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania. He imposes his own brand of justice and also continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier.

The show begins as a man (Antony Starr) leaves prison with nothing but the shirt on his back. He makes his way into town, has sex with a local bartender and steals a car. He arrives in Manhattan to see an old acquaintance, a cross-dressing hair stylist and genius computer hacker named Job (Hoon Lee). Before leaving, he forces Job to give up an address. The man is then chased and shot at by a Ukrainian mobster through the New York City streets. He escapes, steals a motorcycle, and rides into the town of Banshee, PA.

In Banshee, he sits at a local bar and shares a drink with the bartender; an ex-con, ally, and former prizefighter named Sugar Bates (Frankie Faison). Two men walk into the bar looking to rob it, but Lucas Hood, the newly-arrived sheriff-to-be, has other ideas. Following as altercation, the thieves and the sheriff are all killed. While disposing of the bodies with Sugar, the man takes a call on Lucas’s phone and decides to his assume his identity.

The new Lucas visits the home of Carrie Hopewell (Ivana Milicevic), the wife of the town’s district attorney, a former marine named Gordon Hopewell (Rus Blackwell). Lucas and Carrie, whom he calls Ana, share a past from the life she had before arriving in Banshee. Ana was once a notorious jewel thief, but now lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with a husband and children who know nothing of her past.

Lucas wants his cut of the diamonds they stole from a ruthless Ukrainian gangster named “Mr. Rabbit” (Ben Cross). Rabbit has been searching for the thieves for 15 years and continues to do so. She pleads with him to just leave her and her family alone, including her rebellious teenage daughter, Deva Hopewell (Ryann Shane).

Lucas has Job hack into law enforcement databases to verify his cover. He meets with Dan Kendall (Daniel Ross Owens), the town’s young mayor, and is introduced to the sheriff’s deputies. Surly by nature, Brock Lotus (Matt Servitto) is the department’s longest-serving deputy and resents Lucas for getting the job he wanted. Siobhan Kelly (Trieste Kelly Dunn) has put her painful past behind her to become a cop and Emmett Yawners (Demetrius Grosse) is a strong, devoutly Christian man who can kick ass when he needs to.

While making rounds with Brock, Lucas springs to action when he sees a group of local thugs, the Moody boys, beating up a group of Amish men. Kai Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen), the man who controls all of Banshee’s criminal enterprises and most of its legal ones, arrives and puts a halt to the fight. He forces Cole Moody to apologize to one of the Amish men, who happens to be Kai’s estranged father. Later, in Proctor’s slaughterhouse, he savagely beats Cole.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Banshee TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Jane March 2, 2013 at 12:59 pm

My husband and I are big fans of this show, I hope it renewed. It is so upsetting when a show is cancelled midway. This show is different and has alot of room to grow!! Give it a chance

Jill March 2, 2013 at 12:18 am

It has potential, but it needs a new leading man. The rest of the cast is great, I just can’t get over Antony Starr. I tried to give it a chance and thought he’d grow on me…….He just won’t . Everything the charachter should be, he is not. Definately not a natural fit. If you were going for the rugged, sexy, smart ass , lovlorn bad boy he misses the mark. Not a very good actor, at least not in this…….Bring on a new Lucas Hood!!!

paula davis March 1, 2013 at 11:44 pm

My husband is not a tv watcher but loves this show as do I, terrific writing, interesting characters, hope it will be around for a long time!

Eric March 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm

It’s harder and harder to find an original show, and this one is certainly original. I really enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd episodes. There are a few cheesy elements and since it’s Cinemax, there’s is always a sex scene or two in every episode. I’ve got no problem with the sex, but it feels like they have a quota or something, which makes some of these scenes seem forced or tacked on. There are plenty of corny one liners, which I like, and Ulrich Thomsen is fantastic in every episode.

Cynthia Sowell February 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I have been watching TV a long time, I have seen shows come and go. I mean awesome shows, that have been cancelled and shows that have no depth, acting abilities left on year and year. Whether the show has low ratings or not, someone is watching it weekly, and enjoying it. I think, no I know that this is an awesome show. Love the cast, the plot, the mystery, the drama, etc. I don’t answer the phone during the show. I don’t know who is making the decisions and what they are based on, it can’t just be the ratings. Don’t cancel, It’s an awesome shoe, Do I know good TV, yes, I’ve been watching since the Million dollar movie show, Uncle Milty, etc get the picture, so yes I know a good show when I see it.

Edwina Franklin February 26, 2013 at 11:07 am

Love the show and catch wait to see the next one. Hope it will be a regular.

marcellius February 25, 2013 at 11:56 am

My new favorite show with characters from past favorite shows i.e Matt Servitto from Sopranos and Frankie Faison from The Wire. Yes, definetly keep it going although I don’t know how long they can avoid Rabbit.

Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I love this show so much.. Lucas is so hot!!!

Connie February 23, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Show is excellent. Please renew.

FRAN February 23, 2013 at 5:59 pm

THE SHOW WOULD BE GREAT IF ALL THE NUDITY AND BAD LANGUAGE WERE OMITTED…

Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 3:35 pm

love it

Stu Foulks February 23, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Great Show!

Big Fan February 22, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Love it! Please renew

Chris February 21, 2013 at 6:57 am

Show is amazing I love it, badass actor, hot women/sec sceenes, believable back story and excellent upcoming stories please renew!

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm