Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Animated Series Ending; No Season Four

Batman: The Brave and the BoldIt was confirmed over the weekend that the retro cartoon series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, is coming to an end after three seasons. The cancellation news came at the TV show panel at Comic-Con.

At the event, producer James Tucker revealed that they have finally received permission to team Batman up with Wonder Woman and Superman for the series. Both will be featured before the conclusion of the last 13 episodes.

Like the rest of the show’s guest-stars, Wonder Woman and Superman will be friends of the caped crusader’s but Tucker says that they’ll have an “interesting dynamic” with Batman. The final installments are currently in production.

It was also confirmed at the panel that the kid-friendly Brave and the Bold comic book, that’s based on the show, was also being cancelled.

On the bright side, it was mentioned that another Batman animated series is in the very early stages of development. This one will be radically different from Brave and the Bold. It will also most likely have similarities to the upcoming Green Lantern series and be done in CGI.

What do you think? Will you miss Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Did you like the show’s unique style?

Canceled and renewed TV show

68 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

this sucks this is one of the best cartoons on cartoon network. flapjack and chowder suck cancel those shows

2. Desertrat says

This was a really, really tight show. Well written, hilarious and absolutely entertaining for the kids in my house as well as myself, a comic-nerd who gets all the fantastic gold/silver age awesomeness. I heard that it basically had complete funding from Hasbro, but the new guy running Cartoon Network didn’t like the show… so cancelled it despite it not costing them a cent.

3. LT says

Ugh, this sucks. This was the only Batman cartoon worth a tinker’s cuss. The animation was stellar and the comedy was exceptional. It’s a shame that they’re going to sacrifice this so that smelly, 35-year-old-men can get their rocks off to “grimdark” trash.

4. Balasa says

So glad that its ending. It butchered anything having even been batman related besides fighting crime, which makes this show as closely related to any other hero. I understand that there are different versions of Batman. It came across to me in the one full episode I watched as political garbage.

5. ND Mitchell says

As long as the old legendary cartoons like Batman come around, I’ll be happy. I don’t care how many versions of Batman there are, I’ll keep watching. I admit I am 37, soon to be 38 in a few weeks, but cartoons are not same if there isn’t at least one member of the Justice League or Marvel comics on TV. The cartoons now on TV just are not as funny/interesting like they were back in the 1970, 80’s and even early 90’s.

6. Moleculo says

I’m glad this crap is ending. The show’s approach would have worked better for Captain Marvel or maybe Superman, but it was a horrid interpretation of Batman. Hopefully the new show will take the right approach

7. Leo says

I never liked this Batman, the Timm series spoiled me and it should be some kind of law that only Kevin Conroy can voice Batman ever!

8. Jhon Batam says

What reason was given? Is this how CN does business, build up a fanbase then cutting their legs out? Nice job, goodbye

9. says

Arrrgh! I thought this show was a model example of how to please the new audiences and the fanboys at the same time. I’ll always have fond memories.

10. says

This is one of the many reasons cartoon network sucks, they just don’t stick to anything. While I didn’t tune in every “random airing for a new episode”, I occasionally watched it. It had it’s potential. This outcome doesn’t bode well for the future of cartoon network shows.