Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

DavidH May 10, 2014 at 7:42 am

I’m not surprise I watched the first episode, and I got bored after 15 minutes

Don't Matter May 10, 2014 at 5:12 am

How is 4 million veiwers too low??? NBC is retarded and I will never watch their network again. SVU is really starting to suck, and they cancelled revolution and crisis, and now believe? I will continue to watch Chicago Fire and Chicago PD, but nobody will profit from it because I will no longer watch those shows when they air. I am a pirate, I will download them and watch them commercial free because I will no longer support the network that airs them. NBC cares nothing about its viewers, none of the networks do, the advertisers have a target demographic of 18 – 34 and thats where the ratings have to be. Well the advertisers a completely stupid because thier target demographic age does not have the money to buy their products. I know, im part of that demographic range, and most people i know in that range are rebels, if you interrupt our show to advertise your crap we will purposely avoid your stuff and buy from your competitors because they didnt interrupt our entertainment. So NBC has lost my veiwing and so has the CW. Whos next?

Izzy May 10, 2014 at 3:52 am

I admit it took me a few weeks to start watching my recordings of this show, but once I did, I got into it BIG TIME! Now its being cancelled??? The banter between Bo and Tate is just so sweet and touching. WHY OH WHY NBC? I beg you please don’t cancel it!

Isaura May 10, 2014 at 1:46 am

I watch Believe but to be honest I was getting a bit bored with the show. I was actually considering to stop watching it. Now that it’s cancelled the decision is easy.

Wanda May 10, 2014 at 1:21 am

Please bring Believe back. Great show!

Douglas J. Beasley May 10, 2014 at 12:59 am

Yes. I love this show and I believe it had potential. I am sad its gone just like Ironside and that show had so much potential but it only lasted 4 episodes. I wish another network would pick them up

Kevin May 10, 2014 at 12:44 am

I agree with most people, this was a great show. But why try and put money into something people enjoy, let’s start fresh with new sh*t, and hope people watch. Except for the Blacklist, goodbye NBC.

Amy May 9, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I am beyond bummed that NBC cancelled Believe. Believe, along with Person of Interest, and The Blacklist are my favourite shows. No offense to Law & Order: SVU because I do watch it, but it has been getting stale for awhile now. They should have cancelled SVU and kept Believe and put it in that time slot. Stupid decision NBC!

susan May 9, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Really enjoy this show, please keep it on for another season.

Dawn May 9, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I really hate to hear Believe is cancelled. Believe and Resurrection on ABC are the first shows I have watched on the major networks in a very long time(other than local news) in several years. Really bums me out. So long, NBC.

Dawn May 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

So bummed I really enjoy this show.

Poppy May 9, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I agree with all and everyone of your comments. Dittos to all…… :)

vp44 May 9, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I, agree with Sue. NBC is known for it’s STUPID decisions, regarding their good show’s and they decide to keep the bad one’s. That is why I only watch 4 of the show’s that are on NBC. They are: SVU, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and of course the Blacklist. Nothing else matters.

christy barnum May 9, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Wow this sucks all of the shows I like are now cancelled so not fair.

Sue May 9, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Another good show from NBC canceled. They really must have their head up their ass. First the best show, Revolution, and now this one.