Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Love the show and hope there is a 2nd Season! I think the ratings would be better and more people would watch it if it was on a different time and day!

Terry January 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Don’t cancel Betrayal, we need a good chick show. Now days their all cop shows & I believe those are more “men shows”. Please do not CANCEL?

Tara January 20, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I LOVE Betrayal…. I do not want it to be canceled! So many people watch it that are not part of the Nielsen ratings, that is the problem. I know thousands that watch it and so upset about the possible cancellation. We are writing to ABC!

shell January 20, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Love this show. Please bring back. Great acting & provocative story lines.

Marie Simmons January 20, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Here’s a petition to keep Betrayal! Please sign you love this show: https://www.change.org/petitions/abc-renew-betrayal-2

Nancy January 20, 2014 at 12:11 pm

My favorite show, can’t wait for Sun. night, 10:00 with all the bad shows & trashy reality shows this show is refreshing, give it a chance, change the time, Sun. is the only decent TV night and too many good shows on at the same time, this is not hard to figure out, I see it as another Grey’s Anatomy given a fare chance.

Cheryl January 20, 2014 at 11:59 am

Love the show!! Please don’t cancel it!

Cindy January 20, 2014 at 11:57 am

I LOVE the show! I ended up liking it better than Revenge too, and I really like Revenge. You know the writing is good when you are rooting for the one cheating! Then they make you go back & forth.. I really hope they keep it on for at least one more season.
REMEMBER the first season of Seinfeld! It was TERRIBLE but they gave it a chance & look how long of an incredible series they ended up with :)

Dorey January 20, 2014 at 11:52 am

I love Betrayal – it is the one show I never miss – please don’t take it off – I think it deserves a second season don’t leave us hanging!!!

Raynette January 20, 2014 at 11:38 am

Love the show!!!!! It has to come back !!! How can they just leave us hanging??? I looked forward to a Sunday night show that made you look forward to the next week

Judy January 20, 2014 at 11:12 am

Love the show!!.liking it better revenge! !! Also from my home town

Jara C January 20, 2014 at 11:06 am

I think most of the time people don’t give new shows a chance. Maiybe it gets off to a slow start, no familiar actors, or maybe other favorite shows come on at the same time. I enjoeyed this show. The beginning of the season is what brought me in. The sexy intrigue of two people falling in love, trying to make it secret. I think as it went on it got better and better. Maybe some people aren’t into “this type” of a show; and honestly I’m not into them either; but this show caught my attention. I was searching to see if the show would have a second season, but it looks like the signs are pointing no. I just want to say I loved it! I know there are more people that love it and others that aren’t watching it would get into it as well. If people like the “Bachelor” then those same people would enjoy this show. There just needs to be a way to get the show more noticed or publicity, if you will. The finale was great and I hope there will be more seasons to come!

Lori January 20, 2014 at 10:35 am

Love, love, love the show! Please don’t cancel!!!

Justine January 20, 2014 at 10:30 am

Great show. Please do not cancel. Writing, plot, choice of actors–all exceed expectation. It would be a disappointment to ABC if you did not have a second season, or third or fourth, or fifth!!!

Joyce January 20, 2014 at 10:24 am

I love Betrayal. Please don’t cancel it.