Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

anne January 21, 2014 at 2:42 pm

We LOVE Betrayal. So sick of ABC cancelling good shows.

Peggy January 21, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Please do not cancel this show, do one more season and see what happens. I love the show! I looked forward to watching on Sunday nights at 10:00.

Steph January 21, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Loved this show but obviously it won’t be back. Very disappointed!

janeen January 21, 2014 at 11:58 am

love this show… please don’t cancel. I will join ranks in boycotting ABC.

Ellen January 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

My husband and I LOVE this show. Wonderful acting, great chemistry, and the major storyline is realistic. What a shame that this quality show appears to be a limited run.

H LeBlanc January 21, 2014 at 11:10 am

have really enjoyed watching this show, one of the better new shows for the fall season of 2013-2014. would definitely want to watch a Season 2.!!

Nancy January 21, 2014 at 9:43 am

Please do not cancel this show! It really did not get any publicity for people to know it was on. If I could not see it, I always recorded it! Please do not cancel it!!!!!!

Linda sokach January 21, 2014 at 8:47 am

You guys have got to be kidding one of the best shows ever . what a great finale one of the best. You people need to bring it back, pronto I’m very dissapointed.

Betsy January 21, 2014 at 7:18 am

Please NO. I love this show. It’s my favorite!

helena January 21, 2014 at 7:12 am

don’t cancel! i think it should go on and jack should stay with sara!

Frank Nicoletti January 21, 2014 at 4:14 am

I enjoyed this series however I really did not see many other places they could go with it. And with the recent finale (and loss of main characters) I do not see a second season of this show in the future. It was good while it lasted.

Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 3:05 am

Please don’t cancel this show! Betrayal is a terrific show! Great cast, great script and plot. I don’t understand why ABC doesn’t want to run a Season 2.? Really….! Let me see.. You want to cancel this great show, but leave stupid shows on like “The Kardashians!” Yeah, this really is a screwed up world!

Jen January 21, 2014 at 2:38 am

The reason this show didn’t do well is strictly bc of the title- we have revenge, scandal, had deception and now betrayal?! People are done with this series of titles and therefore decided to skip this one. I wish I had skipped bc now I LOVE betrayal- hooked! Bit it is going off, ugh

Arielle January 21, 2014 at 2:06 am

OH MY GOD PLEASE DONT CANCEL THIS SHOW! You have canceled so many shows that seemed great over the past few years and I LOVE BETRAYL my entire family watches it and if I don’t find out who Sara meets and who she ordered a glass of wine for I’ll simply boycott ABC FOREVER and so many of my favorite shows are on ABC! I’m begging you please keep it!!

Marie January 21, 2014 at 2:05 am

I look forward to this show all week it would be a total disappointment if the cancelled would absolutely love a second season!!!