Body of Proof: More Episodes Ordered; Are They the Last?

Body of ProofThe alphabet network has ordered three more episodes for their sophomore drama series Body of Proof. This will bring the second season to a total of 20 episodes. Last spring, ABC ordered 13 episodes for season two and combined them with four leftover installments from the first season.

Starring Dana Delany, Geoffrey Arend, Jeri Ryan, John Carroll Lynch, Nicholas Bishop, Sonja Sohn and Windell Middlebrooks, Body of Proof is currently the weakest scripted series currently on the network when it comes to the coveted 18-49 demographic. The eight episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 in the demo with 9.49 million viewers. That’s down by 17% when compared to last year.

While the additional episode order is positive for fans of the series, unless the ratings significantly improve, Body of Proof has very little chance of seeing a third season. It seems that the network has ordered additional episodes to ensure they have enough hour programming to round out the rest of the season.

What do you think? Will Body of Proof’s ratings improve? Will the series get renewed for a third season or be cancelled? Should the writers use the three extra episodes to wrap up the series?

Anonymous May 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Dana Delany is like a fine wine she just gets better with time. She is a little harsh on the men. Also the season finally where Eric gets stabbed, makes me want to see what happens next. It keep me watching every Tuesday. Please don’t cancel the show.

Talented2Panda May 8, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I like the show and have missed it the pass couple weeks. I hate the Private Practice but like Grey’s you don’t have much going for you and you really need to ditch the reality shows.

richard dunlap April 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Its the best tv show on right now and its good for the whole family to watch. I am only a tv watcher and not a network big wig who only cares about numbers. I think it should stay on and not be cancelled.

richard dunlap April 30, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I like the show and hope it says on the air. but i am only a tv watcher and not a network person who only cares about numbers. But, yes it should stay on the air. It a good show for the whole family to watch.

Ann Miller April 26, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Please do not cancel this show. It reminds me so much of Dr. G which I love. I like the cast of characters. They greatly complement each other. I haven’t seen it for two weeks and don’t know what happened. What replaced the time slot is not worth my watching. Hope to see it back soon. What happened after the last episode cliff hanger?

Kathy Hallett April 19, 2012 at 7:07 am

This is one of the best shows on TV. Please don’t cancel it. Every time a really intelligent
show comes on it gets cancelled. The show “Private Pratice” that has replaced it is a poor
replacement show.

carolyn April 16, 2012 at 2:25 pm

please please please keep this show I love it

Angela April 12, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Please don’t cancel this show it is one of my all time faves!!! My mom and i watch this every week. I can’t stand all the reality tv that is on. This is way better.

Sammy April 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Funny how the top rated show NCIS on tv doesn’t care to or appeal to the youngest demographic & the least likely to have 2 nickels to rub together let alone spend. Stop pandering to those who can’t afford what you sell & be mindful of those who can!! See who sponsors golf tournaments, it ain’t for kids and neither is a wonderful show like Body of Proof. Continue to program for those who don’t watch and lose those who do?

Leah Gazzana February 10, 2012 at 6:49 am

who says this is the weakest script. its a great script. better than any of that reality bullcrap that infests our televisions with toxic stupidity.

I enjoy it immensely…but then again tv today isnt made for those with heart or smarts

Anonymous January 31, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Just watched a couple of first season episodes on dvd and one on On Demand…great series with a perfect cast!

nancy January 30, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Give the show a third season- good writing and acting! ABC needs to highlight more or try a different time slot. Do not cancel- can’t understand why they would even consider not renewing when everyone I know watches .

Ron January 25, 2012 at 10:41 am

Do not cancel Body of Proof!!! Best show on TV

Nick January 17, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I agree.this show is good.I like it.please don’t cancel it

Glo December 6, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Love this show……Pleaseeeeeee don’t cancel show