Cult: New CW TV Series Replacing Cancelled Emily Owens, MD

The smallest network has announced that their newest drama, Cult, will debut on Tuesday, February 19th. It’ll be taking over cancelled Emily Owens, MD’s spot on the schedule.

It’s unclear how many episodes of Cult have been ordered but here’s the press release:

THE CW’S NEW MIDSEASON DRAMA “CULT” PREMIERES ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (9:00-10:00 PM)

December 4, 2012 (Burbank, CA) – The CW today announced the series premiere of the mind-bending, suspenseful new drama CULT on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 (9:00-10:00p.m. ET).

Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton has learned to laugh off his younger brother Nate’s relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate’s paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV series “Cult” and its rabid fans, who are obsessed with the show’s charismatic cult leader, Billy Grimm. As the show’s gruesome plot twists begin to play out in the real world, Jeff enlists the help of a young research assistant Skye in a race to save Nate and unravel the mystery behind the TV series whose hardcore fans would literally kill to see what happens next…

The series stars Matt Davis (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Jeff Sefton, Jessica Lucas (“Melrose Place,” “Cloverfield”) as Skye Yarrow, Alona Tal (“Supernatural,” “The Killing”) as Kelly Collins and Robert Knepper (“Prison Break,” “Shameless”) as Billy Grimm.

CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O’Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O’Bannon (“Farscape,” “V”), Josh Schwartz (“Chuck,” “Gossip Girl”), Stephanie Savage (“Hart of Dixie,” “Gossip Girl”) and Len Goldstein (“Hart of Dixie”).

What do you think? Will you be giving Cult a chance?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments on "Cult: New CW TV Series Replacing Cancelled Emily Owens, MD"

Notify of

Wally
Wally
November 29, 2013 3:18 pm

You have done it again. Get a decent program, get us interested than some dumb dope once people get hooked then dump it. What are you going to screw up next?

Linda
Linda
February 20, 2013 5:23 am

Emily Owens was a fantastic show!! It was quirky and sweet. I will be watching New Girl instead of Cult.

Christy
Christy
February 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Not a chance in hell after the CW cancelled my all time favorite show Emily Owens MD!

Shandra
Shandra
February 7, 2013 1:17 am

Emily Owens Md took me a little while until I got into it. But now would watch religiously! What a shame to cancel a show where young girls have something new to aspire to.

Addison
Addison
February 5, 2013 10:17 pm

Seriously sad that Emily Owen MD would be replaced by another bull**** show that you can find on any of the other channels. Emily Owen MD had heart and Character and now we get another tv drama about murder! Yey! I don’t like this choice and I wont be watching cult.
A-

Tanya
Tanya
December 9, 2012 10:23 pm

I can’t believe CW canceled Emily Owens, and that they’re replacing it with Cult. Talk about a complete 180. I am a little excited for Cult, though.

vp
vp
December 9, 2012 10:15 pm

As much as I love Matt Davis, I will not watch Cult out of protest because of Emily Owens’s cancellation

madel loyola
madel loyola
January 15, 2013 12:43 am

me too! i want emily owens back.

Ali
Ali
December 7, 2012 11:13 am

I agree with several posts below. I loved Emily Owens MD. It was such a refreshing show with real-life struggles for Emily (Mamie) as she learns about herself and grows into the woman she is. This is a great show for young woman for empowerment. Also it is downright hilarious when we can hear her conscience talking about why she cant like will, what’s bothering her about Cassandra, etc. I will certainly not be tuning in the this Cult show-just so cliche whereas Emily Owens MD had a great message with a captivating story.

Ali
Ali
December 7, 2012 11:17 am

Also everyone-you should go write the CW with your concerns. Unfortunately this website just bears the bad news but can’t really do anything about it! Go over to http://www.cwtv.com/feedback/comments/ and tell them how you feel! Lets try to save this show!

Anonymous
Anonymous
December 7, 2012 8:00 am

Not fair…. Emily Owens was my favorite and only show I watched at CW

Emily's Fan
Emily's Fan
December 7, 2012 12:07 am

Emily Owens MD was a refreshing show. I don’t usually watch this network, but my teens convinced me, and I really love this show and Mamie Gummer. I will NOT be watching Cult. No thank you!

anon
anon
December 6, 2012 7:56 pm

I’M SO UPSET Emily Owens M.D. has been cancelled!! I really thought this show was going to get picked up!

Claire
Claire
December 7, 2012 1:57 am

Agreed! Cancelling Emily Owens is ridiculous, give the series a chance, and not up against CBS tuesday. One of the few intelligent shows on TV, canceling in favor of a more far out thing that won’t last at all makes no sense. No show can make it under those conditions.

Anonymous
Anonymous
December 6, 2012 10:24 am

Just freaking ridiculous..Emily Owens MD was a great show..all these damn mystical creature **** **** shows need to go instead

Barbara
Barbara
December 6, 2012 9:34 am

Cult will never be seen in my home, solely on principle. I’m too angry that Emily Owens M.D. has been cancelled to give its replacement a chance. In fact I hope it fails miserably.

Joanna Kelly
Joanna Kelly
December 6, 2012 2:29 am

I am really disappointed in the network for canceling this show!! It actually had significant issues that are addressed in a wonderful and neutral way. It demonstrated accurate information on taboo issues which is rare on tv! Can the networks invest in originality and creativity again? I know the economy isn’t exactly strong, but I think we need to start investing in shows that reflect what the United States was founded on, innovation. The best thing about this show is you can relate to it and learn also!

Alex
December 6, 2012 1:13 am

There aren’t that many good shows out there, and Emily Owens MD is one of them. There are so many stupid shows and so many copy cat shows.
I wouldn’t watch Cult if you paid me!

1 2 3