Dark Blue: TNT Drama Renewed for Season Two

Dark Blue renewedDespite a big drop in viewership, TNT has decided to give Dark Blue a second chance.

Dark Blue revolves around a group of LAPD officers who work so far undercover that even their coworkers and loved ones don’t know what they actually do. The series stars Dylan McDermott, Omari Hardwick, Logan Marshall-Green, Nicki Aycox, Meta Golding, Tyrees Allen, Channon Roe, and Noah Bean.

While the July 2009 premiere attracted 3.5 million viewers, the ratings declined heavily over the season. The last episode brought in just 1.6 million, leading many to believe that Dark Blue would not be renewed. The show’s chances weren’t helped by the fact that TNT picked up NBC’s discarded Southland series.

But, TNT has apparently decided to stick with Dark Blue for now and has renewed it for a second season of 10 installments. The first season aired over the summer and the second will likely follow suit.

What do you think? Are you happy that Dark Blue has been renewed or should TNT be putting its resources into something else, like producing more episodes of Southland? Do you think Dark Blue will see season three?

danno May 14, 2011 at 8:10 am

Can’t wait for it to start up again1 Loved all the characters and the way they were portrayed.

Keisha December 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I have been waiting to see Dark Blue again for season three and am totally disappointed that it is not back on. For the first time in a long time, I was excited about TV. Wow, what a blow!

Danita November 22, 2010 at 5:05 am

HERE WE GO AGAIN. ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV, YOU GET SUCKED INTO THE DRAMA OF IT JUST TO HAVE IT HANKED OUT FROM UNDER YOU. EVERY SINGLE SHOW THAT HAS ANY SUBSTANCE IS PULLED JUST TO HAVE SOME STUPID SHOW TAKE IT’S PL.ACE.

lydia November 12, 2010 at 12:57 am

I watched every show and i really can’t wait for season 3 well i hope ‘ please don’t take this show off the air i really enjoy it a lot i watch almost every show show that you have ever did and right now dark blue is the best please let me is season three. Because it’s a great show the actors are good. So Mr. Jerry Bruckheimer don’t keep us waiting too long. And before i sign off I want you to know you deserve 10 stars . one more thing before i sign off winters coming i need to be in front of the tv and i need my shows. thanks.

brigette November 5, 2010 at 10:42 am

I have been Wating to see Dylan McDerrmont since “The practice” ended. I love this show everyone on this show is beautiful. Logan Green was such an jerk the O.C. glad to see him likeable. and I do not have enough space to tlak abotu Omari Harwick. Can’t wait for season 2 !!!

KA October 26, 2010 at 9:13 am

Love this show-very good dark cop drama- hope they keep it going. Love the actors.

dan cuneen October 22, 2010 at 6:16 am

love dark blue, being a former police office, I think it is pretty true to life. Do not cancel show.

Robbie October 16, 2010 at 8:24 am

I love this show! I just discovered it and cannot wait to see the next episode! It is EXCELLENT!! I hope to see it on the schedule for a long, long time!

Dee October 11, 2010 at 7:29 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW- Dark Blue is one of the few things I look forward to on television. Awesome drama. There are so many cop shows on television to compete with. Dark Blue wins, hands down. I am very busy and rarely get to watch any television during the week. I go online to cath up on the episodes I miss. This is the best I have seen in a long time. Consider changing the day and time it comes on maybe. Given the chance, this is definitely one for the long haul. The characters are great. Love the diversity. Love getting a glimpse of their personal lives on the show- the ones that have one.

Tim L September 25, 2010 at 1:04 am

Didn’t watch Season 1 but I loved Season 2. Great characters — every one. Normally I avoid Jerry Bruckheimer shows like the plague but this one actually has character development. I hope we see a Season 3.

Barbra Johnson September 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I don’t watch much television, but my brother turned my on to “Dark Blue” and it has become a show I look forward to and hate to miss. Hope this stays on the air for many years to come.

lg September 16, 2010 at 2:29 pm

this show takes a “very good” police drama concept ,but,seems the stories are in too much of a hurry!The ease in which they infiltrate crime syndicates borders on absurd, and there undercover behavior(interaction )is NOT CREDIBLE! For example the character infiltrates a criminal enterprise(season finale)by stealing his” pin ‘ and proceeds to steal $$–OK he’s” IN “,then he’s asked to commit murder?? Give me break!!!Good characters, stories are bad and not to be believed!!Very disappointed

teresa September 11, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Please dont take atwt. would you want something you really like taken away? think about it .Fight for us.we would you.

John August 11, 2010 at 8:08 pm

It’s a good show,, I hope for once they keep a good action, suspense show on,, They have cancelled “The Unit” / “Trauma” / amd other good one,, This is a good deep series

Mary August 4, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Season 1 of Dark Blue was awesome and I can’t wait til tonight for the 2 hour premiere of season 2!!!!!!! I watched Southland too and liked it, but they are two different types of shows, but if I had to choose it would be Dark Blue all the way! Have you seen the guys in this show? One word HOT or maybe 2 or 3, HOT-HOT-HOT!!!!!!