Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Chasity March 18, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Please please please RENEW!

denise March 18, 2013 at 11:35 pm

This show needs to be continued, still too much left unexplained and i personally can’t wait for it too begin again.

Diane March 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I just started watching this show and have watched all the episodes on demand. I just love it. Hope it returns.

meme March 18, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I think it should at least be wrapped up all qestions answered i have been watching from the beginning it is becoming more and more what the networks are doing its a shame u almost dont want to watch new tv shows do to fear of ending before it really starts. Ijs

Cathy March 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I’m actually disappointed. I thought it would end tonight. Just one season was enough. I’m not tuning in for next season. It’s not worth my time. I actually just stuck with it because I thought it would only be one season. Now they’re turning it into a soap opera…. I’m done!

Angela March 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I think Deception is awesome. It has more twists and turns that anything I’ve ever watched — and I don’t like crime/cop shows at ALL. Keep the episodes coming. I’m telling everyone I know to watch it……. It can’t end with THIS finale — too many things left wide open. #LoveIT

Db March 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I LOVE deception! They better bring it back for another season!

KIMMY March 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I love deception I hope it comes back with a season 2 best show on NBC

April R. March 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Ok you absolutely cannot cancel this show.! I have watched it from day 1 and I’m in love with it. Why cancel a show when your finale ended with Mia, who was VIvians daughter gets drugged by Wyatt who is Sophia’s crazy ex boyfriend and not to mention they finally have clues on Robert bowers who is now the suspect for his daughter. Another thing is Joanna and julian(which is one hot couple) what happens with them?? Please don’t cancel this show its a must see and I know a lot of people who watch it. Cancel it after season 2 if you want but at least finish this show instead of leaving all the possibles open. It’s like a book.. Don’t close it and never open it until you have fully read it.
Thanks

d.Ann Crim March 18, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I think the show should be renewed.

kay March 18, 2013 at 11:03 pm

It def needs to be another season this show is so GOOD!!!

sharon purchase March 18, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Love this show : love all the characters!!!! great acting would not miss it and if they do not renew this one please at least end the show with an ending that does not make you feel like you wasted monday night sitting on the edge of your seat just to end if with a cliffhanger instead of a proper finale!!!!

briana March 18, 2013 at 10:26 pm

omg i love deception please dont cancel

Jessica March 18, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Love the show! This show definitely keeps you entertained and wanting more. Looking at the ratings I can see why that it would be on the fence, however i am also a fan of revenge as well. This time last year revenge had very similar ratings and now this year it has sky rocketed. I think with season reruns/marathons of the season and maybe a better time slot or paring with a show that would keep viewers tuned in, would yield the same results! O, and a little bit of marketing as well. Keep the show!!

kim March 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

This show rocks. Its right up there with knots landing. The chemistry between the characters are hot. Keeps me on the edge of my seat weekly…..it cannot be finalized and 11 episodes please continue on to find out who killed all of them