Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

carey bruce October 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

how can you leave us hanging? we want more we want more, What happens to Mia?

Stacey September 15, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Please bring back Deception! I was just searching online specifically to see when it would return. If people are doing that, there is definitely some interest!

Tonja Heard September 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Please bring deception back for a second season.

Anonymous September 4, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Please bring it back!!

mya August 28, 2013 at 6:28 pm

PLZ hav a second season!!!

kay kay August 21, 2013 at 12:20 am

please whoever is in charge of pulling the shows or if they look at sites like thiz where ppl can speak their mind at least do a 2nd season to answer the questions anyone had from watchin the 1st season. It sucks they cancelled b4 they made it to the good part which defeats the the whole purpose of watching it every week n will always leave us wonderin cuz it ended way too soon but half the shows u hate or u wonder who n the hell watch them stay on air forever wtf. I’m really pissed I thawt it was going to be a 2nd season every since it went off juz 2 find out 2 day its cancelled. I ended up on thiz site tryna see when it was coming back on tv since it went off awhile ago

kay kay August 20, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Damn why!!! I really really liked the show n have been waiting for it to cum back on. I heard it was going to be a 2nd season when megan good was on 106th n park. I think it should of got promoted more cuz the show was crackin n it ended juz wen it was gettin good. I really dont watch local channels bcuz I have dish. I hate regular tv n I probably wouldnt have known about the show if I didnt kno the new law n orders that I luv cum on channel 4. I hope they give it a second season they need to especially if they keep hannibal

Jetta August 19, 2013 at 8:01 am

I loved this show. Each week I looked forward to watching Deception and Scandal. Both kept me wondering what would happen next. Please, Please bring back another season.

Yanique August 9, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Please bring back deception. This show kept me up at all times!

Queenie July 26, 2013 at 11:19 am

Sick and tired of liking a show, then not having an ending. Seems that there are to many reality shows that should be cancelled and leave our good shows alone.

IRIS July 25, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON TWO. I TUNED IN EVERY MONDAY FAITHFULLY TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW.

cheryl weathers July 17, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I’m said to find out this show may be canceled. The plot was good and kept me wanting more. I hope there’s a season two.

Gina Hansen July 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm

With regard to Deception, My husband and I just purchased the DVD set of season One, as well as a second copy of the same set for my son and daughter-in-law. That is HOw much WE BOTH ENJOYED THE FIRST DISC! Of course, that was also, prjor to knowing that you were NOT RENEWING THE SHOW!! Why would you not finish what you started, atleast complete it. Do a “mini” siris finale, you could wrap It Up in two episodes, all die hard fans would be happy and stop complaining, make it three..and you can sell another small CD set. We loved all the actors, it was a great show! Bring it back, atleast to finish it up.

Antwonisha Jones June 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I really loved this show. I was hoping for a second season. I Watched Deception faithfully every Monday.

Ronni June 11, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I enjoyed the show and hoped for a second season. Season 1 was a cliff-hanger. At least resolve the mystery fully before cancelling. It was as entertaining as the other suspense/crime dramas and with a more believable plot. Some of the other dramas have too many twists and turns and can be very complex.