Elementary: CBS Orders Even More Episodes

“Elementary, my dear CBS.” The network has ordered two additional installments of their new crime drama, Elementary. This brings the first season total to 24 episodes.

CBS gave the freshman TV series a full season order a few weeks ago.

Starring Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, and Aidan Quinn, Elementary debuted back in late September to a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.41 million viewers. The ratings have come down quite a bit since then and last week’s installment hit a series low in the demo for the second time, a 2.2 rating with 10.9 million.

While Elementary isn’t a big ratings hit, the show wins its timeslot and is the network’s best-performing new show of the season. CBS has cut fellow freshman series Vegas by one episode.

What do you think? Do you like the Elementary TV series? Do you think the audience will grow over time?

Tom February 22, 2013 at 3:20 am

This may sound odd,but did anyone else get vertigo on epsiode 17? 4 minutes into the show, we see sherlock,watson sitting in a limo with a rich guy and his nurse. If you watch the traffic behind them, it looks as if the traffic is following them in both directions. Did anyone dvr this,and can confirm so I don’t feel like I’m losing my mind? :)

Robin January 27, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I love Elementary. It is priority #1 on my DVR. I certainly hope it is renewed and that it does great with its episode airing after the Super Bowl. Networks need to learn that a show has to be on for the audience to watch. Re-runs don’t count. I already have those recorded!

Gerry January 27, 2013 at 9:51 am

It’s the best show on TV and with the lame NBC show Do No Harm ( where a brilliant
doctor forgets his medication every single week) is going against it where EVERY SINGLE episode will have the same format? Dr forgets meds gets into trouble gets out or is helped by the female lead. BORING!!!!
Elementary will continue to be its time period winner. With newer more varied plots and WAY less predictability.

tamrat January 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I love this show especially the way the way sherlock Brock the cases hope it will continue to season two

kathy January 13, 2013 at 2:40 am

i love elementary….i hope there are like 5 or more seasons

Ridge January 12, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Absolutely the best new show this year, the only one I’ll watch not on demand or streaming but will bear through the commercials.

Cassie January 11, 2013 at 11:27 am

I love this show. I look forward to it every week. I missed watching it during the christmas break. I really hope it is renewed for a second season.

Cassie January 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

I was thinking episode 12 would be the finale and am syked that it will have 24 episodes.

shane December 25, 2012 at 3:24 am

great show, great twist on a original, best contemapary version….dont get dumb cbs and cancel it…youre on a winner

Dan N. December 16, 2012 at 2:12 am

“Elementary” is the best new show on TV in a long time. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu make a very likeable twosome, something the fans can look forward to, week after week, regardless of the plot.

Susanne November 30, 2012 at 1:10 am

Love this show. Stories are fun and the actors really click. Miller makes a great modern Sherlock Holmes.

Christy November 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

Intelligently written characters, good look, very enjoyable cast–I really like this show

Clara November 16, 2012 at 10:44 pm

It’s my favorite of all the new shows this year. The writing is intelligent and the two leads are great together.

Liz Thomas November 16, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I love the show…Alll the cast members are great..I have always loved Adrian and Jonny and Lucy work just great together..I hope in the future they will share more with each other I rate the show 100%..keep this show going…Thank-you

Jena November 15, 2012 at 11:13 pm

love the show! I just discovered it. I don’t watch TV much now with netflix and online episodes… would be a shame to have the show dropped…

Craig November 15, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I really enjoy Elementary. Though I always seem to enjoy anything with Lucy Liu.