Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

365 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Marra says

NO ! it’s the one only series that i wait for from week to week, i wish it continues whether CW reconsider it or it goes to another network ! Fans demand A season 2 for the series

2. Big Sis says

WOW! I can’t believe this witty, funny, dramatic, show is going to be cancelled. Finally a show worth sitting down and actually watching. So sick of reality show’s that have no sense being on the air. First of all there was hardly any promoting of the show and to be all honest I think alot of people were so freaked out with the possibility that the world was ending that the show just wasn’t on their list of priorities. Oh come on executive’s give this show a chance. I think you will regret letting this one go. If it should end up on another channel I will be watching where ever it goes!

3. Rebecca Hanson says

Dang….CW is not a network I have gotten used to watching yet. But I’ve seen this show a few times and really liked it. Like someone else said about hoping another network picks it up….I agree. Great show, hope it stays on somewhere.

4. Stephanie Powers says

This is just wonderful…another GREAT show cancelled….I just don’t understand how shows like Honey Boo Boo, Say Yes to the Dress, any of the Housewives shows can still be on air and shows like Emily Owens, MD get cancelled….someone needs to get a grip! Bring it back…if not on the CW then on another channel…..please!

5. kathleen kilmer says

I just discovered this show, and have watched all the online episodes. I love it, and am really disappointed about the news. I never saw any ads for it, so I didn’t even know about it. I hope another network can pick it up, it is a great show, not stupid funny like so many others, and still serious too. A good mix. A good cast too. W
    hat a shame!!!

6. Anonymous says

I was in desperate need of a show like this (funny, quirky, well-done drama without being too serious) and was thrilled when I started watching after my sister insisted I check it out. It does seem a little out of place on CW but that doesn’t matter to me. I’ve been getting my friends to start watching and it’s really disappointing to read that it’s been canceled. It would be a shame for something this perfect to just disappear.

7. Anonymous says

It is a great show! I love it and am truly disappointed it’s being cancelled. I stumbled upon it by accident. No advertising for it that I recall and its found only on one network. Unfortunate.

8. Anonymous says

This isn’t a show that is meant for the CW. The CW and a show about doctors? It just doesn’t mix. Emily Owens, MD is kind of like Scrubs or Grey’s Anatomy, and it would do a lot better if it were on a different network.

9. Denise Buurman says

This is an excellent series with a great ensemble cast – love the premise and the story lines. Please do not cancel this show. There is humour and a lot of touching scenes. KEEP IT ON THE AIR – PLEASE – I HATE REALITY SHOWS. Why are excellent shows such as “A Gifted Man” from last season always cancelled??? Emily Owens deserves to be on the air. It has a fanbase!! Give it a chance!