Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

364 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Leah says

I found this series on Netflix and instantly was hooked! When I watched the last episode, and then looked online to find out there was no season two, I was extremely disappointed! They ended with a plot twist, they can’t just end like that. What guy is Emily going to go with Micah or Will? And what happens to Micah’s mom? So many unanswered questions! Please please please air a second season! I love this series! Me, and everyone else that watch, deserve to know how everything turns out.

2. Miranda says

Found Season 1 of Emily Owens, M.D. on Netflix and I love, love, love it! Mamie Gummer, is a very interesting and talented lead, the writing is really good, the cast is excellent and they really set things up for a great Season 2! Please pick it up, Netflix or someone! Emily is such an appealing character and the show is genuinely interesting and moving.

3. Denise says

I’m really enjoying the show. I (too) found it on Netflix, I’m almost through the 1st season and looked online to find out the shows status. I’m so sorry to hear that it was cancelled. That would be awesome if Netflix picked it up!

4. Becka H. says

I like the show very much. I think that it should it should make a secound season. I like Emily way she has what it take to be a good doctor and care well for her patients. Please make a secound season.
    Becka

5. says

As a member of the us army I demand you make a season two. I love this show and so do my friends. Its a great show. I need to see more. Please give it another go.

6. Kimberly Triplett says

Please bring the show back, at least for season two. The show is well written and acted..ILOVE IT!!!

7. ashley collier says

Please bring this show back on
    ..saw it on Netflix and fell in love. I love medical drama shows, and I love the medical field. I’m begging anyone to bring this show back on!!!! Pleeeaaaassssseeeee!!!

8. AnnaKawaii says

Omg. Saw it on netfllix. I’M SO MAD IT ENDED LIKE THAT. WILL DOESN’T DESERVE HER! Micah does :( Will is probably needing to get laid and chose emily since Cassandra dumped him.

9. says

Please bring this show back!!! I saw it on Netflix and loved it. Someone needs to be canned for not promoting this program and for not bringing it back. BIG mistake!!

10. Zoetja says

I certainly hope that the Show gets it’s Season 2!!!! Just finished Season1 on Netflix and LOVED it!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!

11. Harry Donaldson says

I love the show. I saw it on Netflex and on 12 February 2014 for the first time. I hope you would reconsider renewing for another season.