Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

365 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. KL says

I really grew to love this show. It bothers me that there will not be another new season. It was not like all the other shows. It showed incite of how intelligent doctors start out and what they face under the pressure of day to day internships and personal issues as well. The actors were excellent in portraying their characters. I thought the show was brilliant. I love Arrow, Vampire Diaries, and Beauty and the Beast; I found that I was just as anxious for a new episode of Emily Owens, MD!

2. Miranda says

bring it back! I loved the show and it was starting to become on of my favorites. I related to Emily and what she was going through with the 2 men and I have the same problem at my high school. I want to know what happens next and now that its canceled I will never know. So if u have a way of get to the company adviser please tell them that high school students get it and want the show back.

3. says

We are in our 50’s and feel this is the best shows on tv, my husbands favorite actually. We watch other CW shows and can’t believe that this is one they won’t take a chance on and at least give it a second season try.

4. Mary says

We LOVE this show. One of the BEST in a long long time. Can the reality shows and save the shows like Emily Owens, MD. What are you thinking?????

5. Debbie says

best show of the season so far. Now it’s being replaced with “CULT” — we have enough of his garbage already – we need the Emily Owens type of shows – very disappointed!?!?!

6. Cynthia says

Bring Emily Owens MD Back! This was the show I always looked forward to every week! Although I wish it would air at least twice a week, I loved it entirely! It’s a better show than all the violence and you get to see what a day in a hospital and doctors life is. It’s a show to he continued! !!!!! Please bring it back! You must! It may have not recieved alot of ratings at first, but now the season has gotten alot of fans and it will rise if you air it twice since all the other shows are aired more than once a week.

Bring Emily and the crew back CW!!!

7. pat says

i really love this series! it’s a great package of everything. it talks about new cases in hospitals that sometimes being ignored by many;it also revolves around on so many things that viewers find to love and rationalize at the same time… please let this series continue or if ever it won’t be on the same network, others should continue it, since after this intrigue ratings will really hike up! :)

8. SteveO says

I am a heterosexual male who also watches Arrow on the CW. I had missed the first five episodes of Emily Owens, MD and caught up watching those episodes on my computer. I found the show to be warm and engaging, the characters were real, everyday people dealing with their daily situations. What I do NOT understand is how this network can keep renewing crap like Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries and a whole slew of other shows that have no real value, yet they cancel a quality show. Mind you I watch Arrow because there is action, crime fighting, and nothing else to watch at 8 pm on a Wednesday evening.

• Lisa says

Not fair!

This show is really a godsend. It is not full of violence, gun shots, swear words, hatred….it is a poignant every day story…Emily Micah, Will, Cassandra are alee real and we care about them. It is a different twist to a medical drama and as such it was refreshing. I looked forward to each episode. BRING IT BA CK

9. Negena says

I am extremely disappointed Emily Owens is canceled. Last season I would look forward to Hart of Dixie every week but this season it was all about Emily Owens. I don’t think it was given a chance and it wasn’t nearly as advertised as Arrow or Beauty and the Beast. This show was actually very relatable and it’s really sad that it’s over. Please just bring it back!