Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Annie August 13, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I dont get why flashpoint is ending. But it is my FAVORITE show EVER. I tear just telling people about it. This show is awesome, I love everything about it. Usually in shows you’ll always have that one person you don’t like or you’ll be like they’re okay. But in flashpoint there’s not one person i don’t like. Not one, I love all of them and they are amazing actors. I can’t believe it’s going to end, I am going to cry when it does. This show makes me cry in some episodes and I’m always jumping out of my seat or punching the person next to me.This show makes me not like other ones. I LOVE FLASHPOINT

Tara August 10, 2012 at 9:25 am

Please do not cancel this show. I just discovered it on Netflix and am now on season 4 and was really looking forward to the next seasons just to discover only one more is planned. This is actually a very good show and I am not one to watch tv. Everyone in the cast has done a great job and the story lines are good. Please reconsider.

Katherine August 5, 2012 at 6:44 pm

FLASHPOINT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!
This is the only show that my husband and I agree on watching together. I would like to know why when a good ( CANADIEN) show come on they take it off the air not long after. Everything about that show is wonderful. Like Jane said ” You take all the good shows off and keep the lousy ones!!!!” PLEASE rethink of NOT taking it off.

Margaret Rossomano August 5, 2012 at 7:59 am

My thoughts exactly. I love this show. The cast works beautifully . Please do NOT cancel

TRISH August 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I live in Florida and watch Flashpoint on Ion. I love the show and the characters. Don’t take it off please. I’ve enjoyed seeing glimpes of our northern neighbor.

Ray July 29, 2012 at 4:24 pm

We only recently discovered Flashpoint when we downgraded to the Welcome package on Dish and I guess unfortunately will just be watching reruns. We really like the show and hate to hear it was cancelled. Would like know if there is a new cop show planned for replacement or if you could just revive the show.

lala July 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm

To the producers to Flashpoint: I discovered Flashpoint’s pilot on a Friday evening by chance, and have been hooked ever since. Almost every member of my family is an avid fan. We enjoy watching Toronto represent itself, the drama, the stories, the characters. Don’t go. We understand you want to go on your own terms, but this is one of the better Canadian dramas in a long time. Let’s keep good television on air. Please.

Jaylynne July 22, 2012 at 7:32 am

This is a wonderful canadian series that we can be so proud of. To cancel it seems really ridiculous, great acting, great scenery, just a great show. Everyone that I know watches this series. Will surely miss it.

Teresa H July 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Bring it back Flashpoint is the best show on television…. I will sadly miss it…

Cindy Kost July 15, 2012 at 9:33 am

My husband and I started watching Flashpoint recently. We have watched the 4 seasons in just a couple of months and we love it. We can’t wait for the 5th season and are sad that there will not be a 6th season. LOVE THE SHOW!!!

Pam July 9, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Bring Flashpoint back! What do you mean…end on a high, just being it back! This fan loves it & always looks forward to it! Why do all the good shows get cancelled, esp when you keep crappy reality shows around, not all of us care for them. I love Cold Case, it got cancelled. All the good show are going away.

KK July 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I will be really sad. I love that show sooo much i watch it all the time!!

Jane Geving July 9, 2012 at 8:47 am

Why would you cancel a perfectly good show like Flashpoint?
If there are no more Flashpoint series I will never ever again watch anything on ION.
This is the best show ever, You get rid of all the good shows and keep the lousy ones.
BRING FLASHPOINT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dino July 7, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I will miss the show Flash Point. I don’t understand why CBS would pull a good show.

Bring it back !