Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Judy Welch March 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

What ! Flashpoint is cancelled!!!! What tv station in their right mind would cancel “Flashpoint”? This is only one program that is decent to watch…it’s more of a real reality show. A family show. No blood and guts,sex, profaniity, which is hard to find these days. Just common sense episodes. It was like Army Wives. The casts are set perfect. And “It” got another season after their rethinking about their fans that got really angry at it’s cancellation… Well, I’m angry about this one too. Everyone I know watched this show. It is very popular in U.S. Please reconsider and renew Flashpoint program. I’m in withdrawals as well as others, that I can tell fm these postings.

sharon December 17, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Of all the shows that are on the air, American and Canadian both, Flashpoint is one of the best. As a Canadian I am proud of what they have done, they deal with real issues and the acting is superb. When I think of all the so called REALITY SHOWS that are showing on television now, nothing deals with reality like this show. Unfortunately, the shooting of Kindergarten to Grade 6 children, teachers and others that just took place in Connecticut is today’s reality and Flashpoint has dealt with this reality with intelligence, compassion and respect. What an insult to our intelligence to discontinue this show.

Arlene January 10, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Totally agreee. Flashpoint challenges my mind and soul. The cast is outstanding. They bring their characters to life. Please tell me the “powers to be” have changed their stubbornv minds. I want another season of FLASHPOINT

Sandra Beverlin March 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Please don’t cancel Flashpoint my favorte show , I wait for flashpoint every week, I just watched the last one and they had the baby it was so intense the whole show was on the edge of your seat , I though the boss had died PLEASE DON,T CANCEL THE SHOW was I suprised he came out at the end.

john petten December 16, 2012 at 12:57 pm

WHY,WHY,WHY??? EVERY CANADIAN T.V. SERIES OR MOVIE EVER DONE HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO LOOK U.S. UNSUCCESSFULLY . WHO REALLY WATCHES THIS CRAP?? THEN “FLASHPOINT” A SHOW THAT RIVALS ALL COMERS THE BEST OF THE BEST NOT ASHAMED TO BE SHOT IN TORONTO AND IT GETS CANCELLED. WELL AT LEAST U.S. NETWORKS WILL FIGHT OVER IT

Donna Fawcett December 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm

WHY!!!!!!! The Best show and you take it off the air, what are you thinking. Put it back, put it back, put it back, put it back………

toma December 13, 2012 at 11:34 am

Yes ,this show is best, please do not cancel!

B Smith December 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm

This is one of the best shows on television with actors of phenomenal talent. I hope this series stays around for a long time. I know several people that feel the same. Good luck and congratulations on a great series.

louise December 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I JUST LOVE THE SHOW. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. WHENEVER THERE IS A GOOD
SHOW AND YOU GET INVOLVED IN IT, THEY CANCEL IT. WE NEED FLASHPOING
BACK!!!!!!!

Tan December 6, 2012 at 2:19 am

A little more advertising would really help, it’s not in the TV Guide because it’s not Prime time.

Michele Alderton December 6, 2012 at 2:10 am

I love this show. My ‘only’ issue is that ION shows it at midnight – a little earlier would be niceer.

Weekends would be good too (nothing good is on weekends)

Ca October 1, 2012 at 7:09 am

Please don’t cancel Flashpoint—I just found it and enjoy it tremendously

Linda September 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Please don’t cancel this show . I’m a true fan, luv the cast.

Michele December 6, 2012 at 2:13 am

I’m with you. The cast is a great mix.

virginia in idaho September 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm

no show better. i watch reruns all the time. i want it back.

Tracy Liller September 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

This is by far the best series to hit Tv in a while! My entire family loves it. I can’t imagine replacing it’s time slot with anything better! Why cancel a good thing assuming it may run it’s course. Let it run it already it’s not there yet.

Tipppey Moore August 23, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I Loved Flashpoints TV show I hope them come back that’s the best TV show I had ever seen. there’s biggest FAN…

Donna Gabrielli August 5, 2012 at 3:40 pm

From the minute the show starts ,it has my attention ! Unless a commercial comes on I do not Move.Please do not cancel this series ! I was looking up to see what network it comes on in the fall,So I didn’t miss any new shows just to find out it’s canceled.There are so many bad shows on TV right now it’s hard to find anything that entertains You like this show ! Isn’t that what TV for? Entertainment or do We want the Kardashians to keep getting richer!