Flashpoint: TV Show’s Future Undecided on CBS

FlashpointThough the Flashpoint series isn’t very expensive for CBS to air, the network certainly seems to have lost some enthusiasm for the Canadian-produced drama. It’s been a staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule for three summers but it remains to be seen how long they’ll continue to air the modest performer.

Season three of Flashpoint began airing on June 4th and the 13 episodes are set to finish running on August 20th. Supposedly, the network will still have another nine installments on the shelf.

At this week’s press tour, CBS president Nina Tassler noted that, while the network will continue to look at Canadian programming as an option, she “hasn’t decided yet” on ordering more Flashpoint. The show continues to be popular in Canada.

What do you think? Would you like to see CBS continue to airing Flashpoint. If they cancel it, would you buy it on DVD?

Peggy September 7, 2011 at 11:58 am

Please do not cancel Flashpoint. This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. There are so many stupid 30 minute comedies that you leave on. Not all your viewers are kids, and would like for you to leave on excellent shows like Flashpoint.

Karen September 6, 2011 at 9:42 am

I’m extremely upset to read that CBS may not renew this show or even finish airing the episodes they already have. It is one of the very BEST dramas on TV currently! I have watched it from the beginning and have no doubt that it would be more popular if it was scheduled on a night other than Friday. I love it on Fridays which is such a wasteland on the other networks. I watch Flashpoint, CSI NY and Bluebloods faithfully, even the reruns. Flashpoint is every bit as good as Blue Bloods; maybe even better. The cast is excellent and stories are compelling.

CBS, if you cancel this show you will lose a viewer. I do not watch the rest of your reality TV dreck.

Terry September 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm

PLEASE do NOT cancel this show. We love it. It is the best drama on TV.

Rose September 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm

This was posted Sept 3, 2011 and is NOT a year old. Flashpoint is an excellent series. Great acting, unpredictable plots, and human interest. DON’T CANCEL IT. It is the only decent show on TV during the summer. It deserves a spot during the regular fall season.

ellen mallette September 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm

This show Flashpoint,shoule not get cancelled. CBS needs to take a poll. This is a good summer show Many people watch it.

Anita September 2, 2011 at 5:52 pm

This is a great show! And if it gets poor ratings, CBS has no one to blame but themselves. I set our DVR to tape this show every week because we have other obligations. Some weeks the show is on, and then it’s gone for a few weeks. Suddenly, it’s back on again. CBS needs to announce when the show is/is not on. You get tired trying to figure out their stupid schedule. And Flashpoint is just one of several shows that keep disappearing and reappearing. I heard ION bought the rights to Flashpoint. If you don’t want the program, let ION broadcast it. Maybe they’ll actually appreciate their audience!

Anonymous September 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm

can’t believe you’d cancel a show that gurantees views thru primetime

bonnie west September 2, 2011 at 4:37 pm

i am really upset i didn;t realize that this isn’t on anymore this season . out of all the shows i have watched this is by far my favorite i can’t believe that the season is over or you havn’t finished out the episodes … please leave on the air ….love it!!!

John Letton September 1, 2011 at 8:07 pm

One of the better shows on TV I watch it every Friday. keep it on the air

jeanne b September 1, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Do not cancel this show. It is one of the best shows on tv, and the best on cbs. The acting is suburb, the characters so believable, and each show is riveting. I had almost given up tv with all the junk that is on, but do not talk to me when I am watching this. I started it and now the whole family watches with me. Leave it on…..

C.W. August 31, 2011 at 4:53 am

Keep this show on. It’s a great show. We have enough reality shows cluttering up the programming. Just leave well enough alone. Where are the final two episodes for this summer? We don’t need extra ephisodes of “48 Hours Mystery.”

Bill August 29, 2011 at 1:10 am

Awesome show, don’t cancel it.

Alan August 28, 2011 at 2:03 am

This is a very good show, don’t cancel it.

Jodie August 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm

You have got to Keep FLASHPOINT…. It is Incredible The story lines ROCK!!! OH
my all my friends at work agree as they dont miss it either! I love ENRICO’s natural calmness to carry this role out. And Sam and “jules”… YOU may not CANCEL! LOL
please?????

Danielle August 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm

M and all of my friends love it a lot it’s the best show in the entire world