Fringe

FringeNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 100 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: September 9, 2008 – January 18, 2013
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole, Mark Valley, John Noble, and Michael Cerveris.

fringe past TV show

TV show description:
This sci-fi drama, created by J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Felicity), begins at Logan Airport in Boston. Flight 627 from Hamburg, Germany, has just arrived after having flown through an electrical storm. When FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) and her partner John Smith (Mark Valley) are summoned to the airport, co-worker Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo) informs them that the flight has landed via autopilot. Everyone onboard is dead and their organs seem to have melted.

Homeland Security Chief Phillip Broyles (Lance Reddick) immediately suspects terrorism and wants Olivia and John to investigate two Middleastern men who’d been seen at the airport handing a Caucasian man a suitcase. While investigating a storage facility, an explosion occurs, sending John to the hospital with symptoms similar to those from flight 627. Olivia researches John’s condition in order save him and recovers the name of a former government researcher of fringe science, Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble).

Dr. Bishop’s been institutionalized for the past 17 years after an experiment in his lab caused a lab assistant’s death. With the help of his estranged son, Peter (Joshua Jackson), she recruits Dr. Bishop to help her solve the current flesh eating phenomenon. Their examination into the epidemic leads them to Massive Dynamic, a multi-billion dollar corporation. The mysterious Nina Sharp (Blair Brown) is the executive director of the company’s fringe division and stonewalls outside inquiries.

Under the auspices of Broyles, Olivia, Dr. Bishop, Peter, and lab assistant Astrid Farnsworth (Jasika Nicole) soon discover that what happened on a runway at Logan Airport is part of a much bigger mystery. While trying to piece together what is going on, the team encounters additional strange occurrences like genetic mutations, rapid aging, levitation, reanimation, and telepathy.

space

Series Finale

Episode #100 — “An Enemy of Fate”
Click here to read a detailed recap of the last episode.
First aired: January 18, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Fringe TV series? Did you like the last episode? Do you think it should have lasted more than five seasons?

roby December 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

Fringe is the show I look forward to watching, weekly, for the past 2 years..I’m attach to the characters, like family, and every episode is unique and compelling..I think the writers
who write the show are very talented, they make the show..so addicting…I really
hate to see Fringe cancelled, I miss it already, with heavy sad heart..

Barbara December 1, 2012 at 3:59 am

What a great show Fringe has been, I wish it was not the last season. I suppose after awhile they run out of stuff to write about. I’ll be looking forward to the last season. I missed most of the first season. Over the thanksgiving holiday I watched all of season two’s episodes. I really enjoyed the fringe binge. I will be looking forward to the last season, and sad to see it end.

calvin d October 26, 2012 at 7:40 am

the glee and new normal sucks

helen colson October 26, 2012 at 7:35 am

please cancel the glee why is this show still on tv ratings are not good this show ratings have been droping for a long time

Cora Marburger September 24, 2012 at 2:15 pm

What a great show. I’m addicted to it. What great characters! Can this show not end this season & continue for more seasons? Thanks!

Duane August 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

Best Sci-fi show since X-files on reg. TV.

Miriam May 14, 2012 at 11:22 am

Best show ever! I’ve never missed an episode since it came on, and now my friends, family and I make a habit of watching it every time it comes on! I hope they renew it!

Lita May 13, 2012 at 8:55 pm

My husband and I think Fringe is one of the best shows on tv right now. We think the writing is clever and inspired. They got it right. It’s everything the X-Files wasn’t.

Shelia Lowe May 13, 2012 at 8:05 am

My husband and i watch Fringe weekly we sent it to record in case we miss it .We look forward to it .We both our in are 60″s and it seems every time to like a show that let it go . Albert &Shelia Lowe

Sandy Davis April 21, 2012 at 7:32 am

LOVE THE SHOW – HOPE YOU RENEW IT!

Matthew Fraser April 14, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Let the writers at least finish the plot lines. I know the show costs a lot to produce, but if you allow a conclusion you will more than make up for any lost revenues in DVD/streaming video sales

Don March 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Would hate to see the show end as I love all the twists and turns this show provides. Hopefully they will renew and end it properly.

boscobel April 29, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I’m happy, happy, happy, that Fringe will be on again in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Farris April 5, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Fringe is so awesome!!! Love this show! Love watching Peter and Olivia!!! This takes the place of the xfiles which I still love to watch!!! Hope Fox keeps this show!!!!!

Jody Whiteside April 5, 2011 at 10:27 am

Best show on TV. Finally something to fill the gap when they removed X-Files

Skysoldier173 September 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm

The only thing worse than worse than than this piece of crap running for 5 years would have to be King of the Hill and X-files being long running shows(as if being crappy wasn’t bad enoungh for thesee two shows.Thankfully we didn’t suffer long with the Fringe as lon as we did with the two shows I mentioned.Now all Fox needs to do now is get rid of Raising Hope and Bob Burgers.

Barbara December 1, 2012 at 4:06 am

We are all entitled to our opinions. Lol, so far it looks your only one that dislikes Fringe.
I love it and I would like to see several more seasons of it.