Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) can talk to spirits and often helps them get to “the other side.” But now, it looks like the Ghost Whisperer TV show is in need of help. The ratings are not very good this year and, unless CBS wants to keep it going to add episodes to the syndication package, it looks very possible that Ghost Whisperer could be cancelled.
Remember, the most important thing to CBS and the sponsors is for people to watch the show on their television, while it’s being broadcast. If you like Ghost Whisperer and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help keep it going.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not even know it.
- Talk about the show with other people; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show gets people interested and helps them stay invested in watching.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Ms. Nina Tassler, CBS, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039, RE: Ghost Whisperer
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To CBS, ABC Studios, Sander-Moses Productions, and CBS Television Studios:
We, the undersigned, have enjoyed watching the Ghost Whisperer TV show. It has been a staple of Friday night television for several years. It is a well-acted and well-written show that combines romance with supernatural drama.
Please find a way to keep Ghost Whisperer on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. If necessary, change its night and time. Please keep it going, either on CBS or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy CBS.