Golden Boy: Season One Ratings

golden boy cbs tv show ratingsVegas hasn’t been a ratings hit for CBS. Will Golden Boy preform better or will it be cancelled after one season, like so many others TV shows? We’ll have to wait and see.

Golden Boy revolves around an ambitious young cop who goes on to become New York’s youngest police commissioner. The show typically airs on Tuesday or Friday nights on CBS. The cast includes Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Golden Boy will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.19 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 6.91 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 8.19 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 6.99 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 8.30 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.64 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 8.42 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 04/23/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.94 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 04/16/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 8.07 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.56 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 04/09/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.89 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.62 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 04/02/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.83 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.72 million.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 03/26/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 8.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 8.87 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 03/19/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 9.26 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 9.03 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 03/12/13
1.5 in the demo (+50% change) with 8.53 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.97 million.

Episode 01-03: Friday, 03/08/13
1.0 in the demo (-38% change) with 7.41 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 03/05/13
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 9.98 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 02/26/13
1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.46 million total viewers. (These are fast affiliate numbers and will be updated to reflect the national ratings when they are available.)

Compared to the series premiere of Vegas, CBS was down by 25% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 30% in viewers (vs 14.85 million). Not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Louise May 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm

My husband and I both love Golden Boy!!!! We will be seriously disappointed with CBS if they cancel the series. They just aren’t promoting it enough.

Marcia May 3, 2013 at 1:36 am

Renew Golden Boy!!! It is an excellent show with great potential…please don’t cancel!

Patricia Embly May 2, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Heard rumors that CBS was planning to cancel this show, hope this was not true. If the ratings are low, it’s because CBS has not properly promoted this series. It may not have big names attached to it, but it is a far better show than some that have been renewed by
CBS. I hope they will give this show a chance to find its audience!

maeve May 2, 2013 at 4:23 am

I love GoldenBoy! At first, although crime dramas are my favorite, Chi Mcbride was the big draw. He remains my favorite but I am really loving the entire ensemble. Please keep!

Lavana May 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I watch this show every week. I will either watch it on my DVR or free on demand. Please don’t cancel this show. LOVE IT!!!

Cindy May 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Golden Boy is excellent. It should be renewed and given more promotion. The acting is great, and the story lines are always interesting.

maxine howard May 1, 2013 at 3:33 am

I really like this show! I hope they keep it on.

kurt April 30, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Gb is solid each show gets better… not your run of the mill cop show.. to many out there which is the problem

Annie April 30, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I love Golden Boy! So well written and interesting storyline. I really hope CBS does not cancel it. If they do, will we know the end of the storyline as well? After watching faithfully, please don’t leave us hanging! Keep it on!

D. Lee Graham April 30, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I love this show! The acting is great; the story line is great; the characters are believable and get better each episode. Please DO NOT CANCEL!! I’m getting more and more people interested in it and will keep raving about it to others.

Don April 30, 2013 at 9:47 pm

The show has potential. I think it should be renewed. Put Golden Boy on at 9PM Tuesday and return The Good Wife to 10PM on Tuesday. Think about it. The Good Wife would do better on Tuesday night, I believe, and Golden Boy would do better right in front of it.

Karen Henderson April 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Please give “Golden Boy” another chance by renewing another
season. I think it needs another season for the true story to be
unfolded and see how great an actor he is. It is fascinating that he
became a Police Commissioner and I love the interraction between
him and his partner.

This is one of the best police shows since Blue Bloods. My friends and
I look forward to “Golden Boy” on Tuesday. It would be fine to change
“Vegas” back to Tuesday and put “Golden Boy” on Friday nights.

Thanks

SArch April 30, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love Golden Boy! I think CBS should give it one more year definitely. I really wonder what happened in the future.

Tess April 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I love the “fast-forward” twists in the show. Please give it a chance!

Lil M. April 28, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I love Golden Boy, please don’t cancel the show!