Happily Divorced: Season Three Renewal for TV Land Sitcom

season 3 renewal for Happily Divorced on TV LandTV Land has renewed their original sitcom, Happily Divorced, for a third season. The cable channel has ordered another 12 episodes, matching the TV show’s second season count.

Starring Fran Drescher, Happily Divorced is inspired by the actresses’ real-life story. It revolves around a Los Angeles florist (Drescher) whose husband comes out of the closet after 18-years of marriage. Unable to sell their house, she and her gay ex-husband (John Michael Higgins) continue to live together. Still friends and now “happily divorced,” they both re-enter the dating world.

The cast also features Tichina Arnold, Rita Moreno, Robert Walden, and Valente Rodriguez.

Happily Divorced debuted in June 2011 with the first of 10 episodes. The sitcom was successful enough to be renewed for a dozen episodes before the first season had concluded. Season two premiered on March 7th and is still in production.

To date, the ratings for season two have averaged a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.16 million total viewers. Wednesday’s installment attracted a 0.4 in the demo with 1.11 million.

Peter Marc Jacobson, the show’s co-creator/co-executive producer and Drescher’s ex-husband, announced the news on Facebook and thanked fans for all of their support. He also posted a video of the cast and crew being given the good news and their ensuing excitement.

There’s no word yet on when season three of Happily Divorced will air but season two is expected to finish airing on June 6th.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Happily Divorced has been renewed? Do you enjoy the Nanny mini-reunions?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Joanne says

I am very glad that Happily divorced will be back for another season. Fran Drescher is just as wonderful in this show as in The Nanny. Thank You TV Land keep Fran around forever please.

2. Larry Heller says

Love the show…it is funny and lite and enjoyable.
    They better continue production or keep this cast
    and keep the ideas for it is very entertaining for late
    night. What we need!

3. sandi says

I love love love the show. I was so upset it wasnt on anymore. I’, gonna have a happily divored party saturday nite. We are all gonna dress up as characters from the show. Yay. They r coming back. Can’t wait. R other characters from the nanny going to b on again. Just loved that so much.

4. DESI says

The two best tv land sitcom’s are Happily Divorced and the EXE’s.
    The rest can go away. Although I do LOVE Betty White, she could be better used in a funnier sitcom. Move her over and write her Happily Divorced somehow.
    OK, I know I’m dreaming, but a GOOD dream it was.

5. Anna says

I absolutely love Happily Divorced. All the characters are amazing. We need more great shows like this on TV. I had enough of reality shows.

Thanks for a great job to all of you all are involved in an amazing show.

6. Anonymous says

I love fran she is our modern day Lucy, she’s just as funny. I would have been very disappointed if they didn’t get renewed. Her and her tv ex-husband have great chemistry

7. Alma says

Yea….Great, Happy to know my “fav” show is staying put..Love Fran and Company..
    I’m glad that Happily Divorced has been renewed..
    I watch it faithfully and it’s very entertaining and funny.

Thank-you!!!

8. Gail says

I’m glad that Happily Divorced has been renewed..
    I watch it faithfully and it’s very entertaining and funny.
    I’m a Fran fan and still watch her former sit-com The Nanny on cable.
    I’ve seen her former cast mates Charles S, and Renee appear as guests
    on Happily Divorced.
    I’d love to see more former Nanny cast members as guest stars
    especially the Sheffield kids, Niles, CC, and Val.
    Are there any plans to do so?
    It’s wonderful that she and her ex, Peter, created another great sit-com.
    Keep up the good work!

9. Drew says

Hi,
    Just letting you know you’ve made a typo in the first lines…
    Heading says renewed for Season 3 but first paragraph says
    “TV Land has renewed their original sitcom, Happily Divorced, for a second season. The cable channel has ordered another 12 episodes, matching the TV show’s second season count.”