Harry’s Law: NBC Renews Kathy Bates TV Series for Season Two

Harrys Law season twoKathy Bates can officially turn down any pending movie offers. Her TV series, Harry’s Law, has been renewed for a second season by NBC.

Harry’s Law centers around Harriet “Harry” Korn (Kathy Bates), a cranky former patent lawyer. She’s forced to make a fresh start and ends up assembling an interesting new team; college student Malcolm Davies (Aml Ameen), legal hotshot Adam Branch (Nate Corddry), and a footwear-obsessed assistant named Jenna (Brittany Snow).

Debuting mid-season, the series started out decently with a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 11.07 million viewers. While those aren’t great numbers, they are significantly better than the other shows that NBC has had in the Mondays at 10pm timeslot. Unfortunately, the ratings slid downward as the season progressed and the last original episode, on April 4th, registered just a 1.4 in the demo and 7.75 million viewers.

The season ended up averaging just a 1.8 in the demo and 9.39 million viewers. That’s just a bit more than NBC’s struggling (but now renewed) Chuck. So much for Harry’s Law being a hit.

While the demo numbers aren’t very good, the show does have the most viewers of any scripted series on the network. Total viewership isn’t nearly as important as the the demo ratings but having that many people watch and potentially talk about the show can help attract new demo viewers. Besides, NBC has a lot of other holes to fill on the 2011-12 schedule.

NBC will officially unveil the new 2011-12 schedule to advertisers on Monday but will give reporters a preview on Sunday. Be user to bookmark and visit our NBC cancel/renew page to keep up with the latest comings and goings.

What do you think? Are you glad that Harry’s Law will be back for season two? How would you attract more 18-49 viewers so season three will be a guarantee?

Diva Princess March 6, 2012 at 11:22 am

The Moment I saw that Kathy Bate would be heading up Harry’s Law, I knew, without a doubt, I would be looking at it. I was sooooooooooo disappointed when they went off and it seemed like it would never be back. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SHOW. OBVIOUSLY, IT IS THE MOST UNDERRATED SHOW ON TV. It is such a refreshing, funny, dramatic and then some to watch. How Dare anyone to think of canceling this show. PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. iT IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD!!!!!! YOU GO KATHY, ROTUNDA TO YOU. No Misery Here (lol)

Gordon Munro February 18, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Thanx!!
Renewing Harry’s Law is the best decision the network could have made!! We’ve had a hard time keeping up with the scheduling of the show!! Will be watching for it’s final
time slot day time and initial appearance on the 2012 season!

G Hill September 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

The show is awesome …….I love it I’m glad is back !! looking forward to the new season

Vince Clayton August 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Love the series! Keep it on!!!! With Kathy Bates, you can’t go wrong.

Bethany August 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

This is the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! My husband and I really love it and we think Kathy Bates is Terrific!!!! Thanks for renewing a wonderful show. :)

Doug & Stephanie August 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Thank you for bringing this program back! I’ve missed it during the summer… it started with the reruns, but after a couple… stopped! So, I’m glad it’s coming back. It would be neat to have Season 1 on a all day Saturday right before Season 2 starts. Thanks again!

Judy Knight August 22, 2011 at 8:43 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This is, without a doubt, one of the best shows on TV. Thanks for giving us a reason to turn on the TV in the evening!

kate August 21, 2011 at 8:28 pm

My husband and I love this show – I think part of the problem with retaining viewership is to “show up” every week and it seemed to jump around on different days too. SOOOO glad it’s back we love the tempo and cast – please keep it consistent so we can FIND it!
thanks!

shelby & cheryl coleman August 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE IT!!!!!! GO KATHY!!!!!!! TAWANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary S. July 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm

David E. Kelley was also the producer (I think!) of Ally McBeal. He has a wonderful sense of humor about lawyers and an excellent sense of the law itself. Even though the cases are very strange, they always turn out well, even teaching us a thing or two. I love this show, and believe it will become as popular as Ally did. We need a bit of strangeness in our lives and this show provides it, with a lot of heart.
And, I am not within that 18-49 range. But what difference does that make? Truth is, many in that age range are not smart enough to recognize an intelligent show when they see it! PLEASE do not play down to their level. Let them rise to Harry’s!
Let’s face it: people who like to watch the Housewives fight and the Bachelor go through women like water will NOT appreciate what Harry offers. But, thank you for giving the rest of us a wonderful show.
This is one of the few of the “original” network shows that I watch. I’m thrilled that she’s back!

Kris Knutson July 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Harry’s Law is a very smart, intelligent, serious (albeit humorous) drama boasting an outstanding cast. I absolutely LOVE this show! I see that the ratings were low and you were asking for suggestions on drawing the crowd somewhere between ages 18 – 49. I beleive it’s possible that the ratings came in low ONLY because many people HAD THE WRONG IMPRESSION of what the show was going to be about. As always, the FIRST of anything, whether it be a show or a melody or any story, is either going to turn someone on or turn them off. I personally believe that conceptually, the idea of a law firm selling shoes is just a little far-fetched, and perhaps even ludicrous to some. Had people continued to watch the show, they would have seen that the shoe aspect is an incredibly minor and (meant to be) humorous part of the story. The meat of the show is law, as was/is intended. It would have been better if the shoe side of it had been introduced AFTER the serious LAW portion had been well established.

It’s a GREAT show and I am so looking forward to next season!!!!

Susan Bentley July 17, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Yea! Glad it’s coming back! Love the show and I wouldn’t change a thing. I am sooooo sick of all those reality shows that Harry’s Law is a welcomed change. It’s great. Give it a chance to catch on and I am sure it will be one of the best shows on TV. Thank You for giving us a chance to enjoy it for another season.

klynn July 16, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Harry’s Law is one of the best tv shows I have seen in 25 years!!!!! Thank you! MORE MORE. MORE please!!,

Mary July 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Love the show.
Don’t keep changing the time slot.

millie July 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Thank u I love Harry’s law…yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!