Hart of Dixie: Season Two Ratings

CW Hart of Dixie TV show ratingsLast season Hart of Dixie was almost cancelled due to low ratings. The network renewed it, likely with the expectation that the audience would grow. Will more people watch this season? We’ll have to wait and see.

The second season of Hart of Dixie typically airs on Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Rachel Bilson, Cress Williams, Jaime King, Scott Porter, and Wilson Bethel.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Hart of Dixie is going to be cancelled or renewed for season three.

Episode 02-22: Tuesday, 05/07/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-21: Tuesday, 04/30/13
0.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 1.20 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.37 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a third season.

Episode 02-20: Tuesday, 04/23/13
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.10 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.38 million.

Episode 02-19: Tuesday, 04/16/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.30 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-18: Tuesday, 04/09/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.20 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-17: Tuesday, 03/05/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-16: Tuesday, 02/26/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-15: Tuesday, 02/19/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.37 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-14: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.44 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-13: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-12: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.45 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-11: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.37 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 02-10: Tuesday, 12/11/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-09: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.60 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-08: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.39 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-07: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.23 million (-24% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-06: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.62 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-05: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-04: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-03: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.40 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-02: Tuesday, 10/09/12
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 1.19 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-01: Tuesday, 10/02/12
0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.53 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 1.53 million.

Year-to-year, the premiere was down by 13% in the demo (vs a 0.8 rating) and down by 18% in viewership (vs 1.88 million). This was however the show’s best performance since January 2012. Will they stay at this level or drop as they did last season.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Hart of Dixie TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

dreamer March 12, 2013 at 7:16 am

HoD is the best funny light comedy show in years! Need to renew for sure.

DENISE March 6, 2013 at 9:33 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL HART OF DIXIE. THERE ARE NOT MANY GOOD HOLSUM TV SHOWS LEFT. NOT A REAL FAN OF REALITY SHOWS AND THAT SEEMS TO BE THE MAJORITY OF TV SHOWS ON NOW. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Gerri March 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

This is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite tv show. I would be so sad if bit was cancelled.

Lacey March 6, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Please do not cancel Hart of Dixie! I look forward to is every week and I would be so upset if it was cancelled. I can’t believe these supernatural shows are getting better ratings than Hart of Dixie. This show has substance and no vampires can change ever have that.

Phoebe March 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I’m all the way in Australia and I can tell you now there are sooo many people here that love this show!! Please please please don’t cancel it!!! Let it live for a couple more years!
I along with millions of other people worldwide have fallen in love with the characters, the story line, and continuously wait every week for the next episode and wht would happen next..

Please renew!!

Sarah March 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I adore this show and would be so so sad if it did not get picked up again. I’m not a person that watches a lot of tv but I seriously am so wrapped up in this show that I feel like I’m a part of Bluebell. Please please please keep it.

TeiaR March 6, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Please, Please Keep Hart of Dixie. It’s so cute, funny, romantic, and breath of fresh air. We more shows like this instead of all the blood, gore, death, drugs, and violence. All the charaters are lovable and the story was captivating in the first episode. I wish all the fans could have a say in their favorite shows verses the sample group. Hart of Dixie deserves to have many many more seasons in the future.

Marilyn March 6, 2013 at 6:59 am

I wish there were more shows on TV like Hart of Dixie. For 1 hour each week, I can forget about my day and get totally lost in the storyline. I feel like I am a character in the show. I just love it! It’s like a good book, you don’t want it to end. It’s so nice to tune into this show knowing there are no vampires, bombs blowing up, blood shed and mindless story lines. I can turn on the news if I wanted to witness this. This show is like a breath of fresh air. It’s the way shows used to be before the world got messed up.

Karen March 4, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Come on CW, you’re always cancelling the best shows, don’t do it to Hart of Dixie! You can’t go by the Nielsens alone, there are people who record it also. This is my favorite show of any show on any network – that says alot on how good it is. We fans neeeeed Hart of Dixie!!

bill murphy March 4, 2013 at 6:15 pm

this is a fabulous show, and she is without a doubt the best looking woman on TV. It must be renewed. She could get any guy she wants with those hot sexy legs of hers, and the face is just adorable

Linda March 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Absolutely love, love, love the show! Great chemistry between Zoe & Wade! Please don’t cancel! I look forward to it every week.

Ruba SAYEGH March 3, 2013 at 4:20 am

I live in Jordan I had watched season 1 on TV; catching up with season 2 via the internet.
It would be a shame not renew the show. I believe it is a fresh change from all those current shows whether it be a light headed musical or grab to your chair suspense.

Jen March 1, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Please renew. I love this show! I look forward to it every week.

grace f February 28, 2013 at 2:12 am

renew this show..it is one of the few i look forward to watching each week.

Bob February 27, 2013 at 11:07 pm

This show is a throwback to a friendlier slower paced time when you could actually find well written, well acted shows on television. No vampires, no zombies, no computer generated aliens attacking us, no wizards, no dead bloody crime scene investigations, no people stuck on islands trying to “survive” for cash and prizes, no celebrity judges insulting people who are trying to be singers, no brothers sleeping with their sisters talk show drama, no small claims court judges with attitudes, no talking about an actors latest movies or an author’s new book on a show hosted by a “has been” or “never was”, no “how to make linguini”, no infomercials, no one trying to compete to loose 100 lbs., no “Give me an “S””, no blowing things up or proving a myth true, no attics full of antiques or found in a barn, no detectives or doctors with deep demons to fight, no superheroes, no supernatural devil worship, no cults, no stupid sitcom comedy that isn’t funny. In other words, “Hart of Dixie” is unique to television and for the 1.42 million Americans who still believe, the CW should step up and renew this show.