Helix: Season One Ratings

Helix TV show on SyfyThe scientists on Syfy‘s Helix have a tough battle ahead — not unlike a new TV show’s fight for survival. Will this series be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled due to low ratings instead? Stay tuned.

A thriller series, Helix follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to the Arctic and find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle. The cast includes Billy Campbell, Catherine Lemieux, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jordan Hayes, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanimé, Meegwun Fairbrother, and Neil Napier.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

3/28 update: The show has been renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.39 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Helix TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Lilith Colbert February 17, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I will reiterate the fact that Helix has BROKEN DVR ratings records consistently, and the fact that there is a HUGE fandom following already that will demand a 2nd season.

Dan February 15, 2014 at 1:35 pm

No, Dan = someone who doesn’t work on the show. Nice try studio plant. Bottom line is Helix is simply terrible. It has consistently lost viewers since its premiere, and if Syfy had any other show, or any format they could buy from Canada [Lost Girl], they would cancel Helix immediately. The fact that they picked up Haven for 2 more consecutive seasons should tell you how desperate Syfy’s programming is. They simply don’t have any shows to fill their slots. So… Helix may have a chance despite how flat the writing, acting, sets, etc is. I hope not. Because whether you see me as a troll or not, Helix takes up an incredible amount of resources and $$ that could be spent on a show that deserves it. Like one with a premise that could go past one season.

Shawn February 16, 2014 at 2:22 am

You just made my point… so much anger towards one little cable show, perhaps focus all that energy on some real problems in your own life or community and you’d feel better.

jewel February 25, 2014 at 1:50 am

Wow. Studio plant??? Really? Let me understand anyone who doesn’t agree with your opinion is a studio plant? Get over yourself. You have an opinion like everyone else. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you and likes something does not make them a studio plant.

Dan February 12, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Wow, can’t decide if these are studio plants or just really dumb people. No wonder Honey BooBoo is so successful. There is no way anyone can honestly say this show is good. Please read a book or do something to become a more sophisticated viewing audience. Or at the very least, please don’t have children.

Shawn February 12, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Dan = troll

Jane February 11, 2014 at 7:42 pm

This show started slow but has become more interesting with each episode–there is always a clue as to what will develop in the next episode and there definitely seems to be more content coming. I dont care how realistic all the science stuff is–I like the relationship issues between the many characters and watch to see how all that will unfold. Is Hatake really as bad as he appears. I really like Daniel and would like to see more emotion and character development there as he struggles between his conscience and his loyalty to Hatake.

Coolerking101 February 10, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Don’t understand the hate. This is a good show. Head and shoulders above the trash the SyFy network has been putting out for the last several years. Sure, the show has a few issues (the addition of the tough but attractive female sheriff last week was painfully stupid), but overall, it’s been scary and clever. Can the show succeed long-term…..I have my doubts. I don’t see more than one season’s worth of material here unless they spend money on an entirely new set…. but I’ll ride the show till it jumps the shark.

John Demarco February 9, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Helix is absolutely awful. Boring writing, terrible acting, sets are crap – cheap Canadian production. An executive producer was more preoccupied with one of the actors then overseeing the production. Garbage – cancel.

Kelley February 7, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I WANT MORE FOR TOO!
The Scifi community is a tough crowd to please most of the time. Realistic and science based shows are tough to write. You have the fantasy crowd and the science crowd, both need fulfillment to stay interested without loosing each group. That’s what I liked about Firefly. Yes Firefly was canceled but still does well in syndication. You most skillfully craft for both crowds. In my opinion, the plot needs a little more character development to succeed. I like Hatake but I’m not sure why. Another was Dr Boyle, I like her but she got killed. She was the most realistic of all, overweight, geeky, dry, probably hated mankind, but passionate about the job at hand because she hand no relationship with anyone. To bad she let here guard down with Balleseros thinking he liked her brillant mind. Reminded me of the woman Anthropologist in Andromeda Strain, pissed off at the world.

Bennington February 15, 2014 at 8:22 am

I really agree with you about the women scientist Dr. Boyle who killed even her killer said he like her and that he was sorry. What were they thinking about!!! She was sarcastic, bright, really likeable and probably gay. Shocked when she was killed off. Her character was so unique and fleshed out, not at all 2 dimensional. Come on reviewer and people. Please remember that Helix has been practically the only show on TV schedule with new episodes for weeks. Why? It is up against the Olympics. Add to this, no appropriate lead in (wrestling not so much a sci-fi lead in show) on wasteland Friday’s. No sexy sci-fi gal ala Rachel Nichols, now she would not have been killed off. They should really team the show next time (do think that there will be) with like Continuum or a similar new show It is a Smart and serious sci-fi show, even if not medically accurate. It is not cartoonish or fun like lost girl ( plus sexy) and warehouse (last season) or monsters in angst ala Being Human and Bitten. By the way I like them all (to varying degrees and watch them all) but this is more a thinking man’s sci-fi. Would go well with a new Star-Trek like show. Oh well, would not hurt to add a sexy female for the younger male audience hence Jeri Ryan showing up on the show…she is hot

arlie February 2, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Renew helix…..quit going by ratings we have on line to watch the shows

Shawn February 1, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Not scientifically accurate… so what? That’s true of most shows, if you don’t like it don’t watch it, boo hoo.

empb February 1, 2014 at 10:29 am

Are you guy’s kidding. The science in the show is totally flawed and made up. And totally unbelievable that a secure area of the site would just happen to have liquid nitrogen so close on a handy shelf that you could break in so easily. PLEASE PLEASE CANCEL THIS AWFUL SHOW.

Bennington February 15, 2014 at 8:25 am

Sorry, I meant to say Dr. Boyle who was killed

TV Writer January 29, 2014 at 4:08 am

I think Helix has a better chance than you are giving it credit for. The ratings are not low for for cable networks (they’re actually right in the average)–and those ratings also don’t factor in the DVR viewing. When you look at the L7 ratings for Helix, they tell a totally different story. The L7 ratings have been great–the largest increases ever for a Syfy scripted series in L7 viewing–and they are bringing Syfy demographics that they don’t typically get (which means the potential for new advertisers). I think it’s getting a renewal.

Kate Fredericks January 31, 2014 at 10:16 am

Thanks for the website, TV Writer! Put me in the category of those below. I didn’t just like this show, I think it might have taken first place as the best new show of the 2013-2014 season! I watched them altogether on the On Demand our cable company offered and was blown away! I made my best friend who loves good sci fi like me and my husband watch them, too. Five stars all around. This show is jaw dropping good and has me itching to see the fourth episode tonight. It came out of nowhere, with little advertisement (hence the jaw dropping issue) and was so smart, so exciting, so realistic, so scary, so filled with wonderful actors playing intriguing characters, I am jumping up and down with joy because it has been so long since I have watched a show and felt that way from the first episode. This one is tightly directed, has fantastic CGI and cool jump out of your seat scary moments. Therefore, it probably will be canceled. Face it. It’s really too good for TV! You finally got something great, SyFy. Please don’t blow it!!

DONNAB January 24, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I REALLY LIKE THIS SHOW. I WAS SLOW IN STARTING IT CAUSE I WAS NOT SURE THAT I WOULD LIKE IT BUT ONCE YOU START WATCHING IT IS REALLY ADDICTIVE. I TRULY HOPE MORE VIEWERS WILL CHECK IT OUT SO IT DOES NOT GET CANCELLED. FANS PASS THE WORD ON TO YOUR FRIENDS!

Leona Anderson January 24, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I like it and like shawn….it will most likely be cancelled hope it gets renewed so more people can see what a good show it is

Shawn January 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I’m enjoying it, which means it will probably be cancelled.

Duane January 24, 2014 at 11:21 am