Helix: Season One Ratings

Helix TV show on SyfyThe scientists on Syfy‘s Helix have a tough battle ahead — not unlike a new TV show’s fight for survival. Will this series be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled due to low ratings instead? Stay tuned.

A thriller series, Helix follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to the Arctic and find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle. The cast includes Billy Campbell, Catherine Lemieux, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jordan Hayes, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanimé, Meegwun Fairbrother, and Neil Napier.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

3/28 update: The show has been renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.39 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Helix TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

cydious March 26, 2014 at 10:43 pm

as much as i love this show. where would it go with a renewal? the CDC heading to another base with another virus. only this time most of the team are immortal? unless they add something completely different, i cant see how it would work.

Puddy toes March 26, 2014 at 11:58 am

Please oh pretty please renew Helix. I am so loving this new series!

Kristina Williams March 26, 2014 at 12:35 am

Please renew. Awesome show, great characters and great storyline.

steve March 25, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I have a tendency to not get involved in sci-fi series in the first couple of years due to the fact they do not seem to be finish the story to completion . The BBC is the worst in this regard but survivors is a whole other issue . What originally drew my interest was the casting of Hiroyuki (Henry) Sanada 70’s martial arts star who trained under Sonny Chibas JAC school. I was kind of expecting a 28 days later rage virus martial arts experience but ran into a cerebral thriller that was well written, excellently cast and highly entertaining . It would be a shame for television to loose this thinking mans show for some cheesy moronic show that takes all of the intelligence of a two year old to understand.

Leta' March 25, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Please re-new Helix! Great show, and cast.

Jerri March 25, 2014 at 7:15 am

Please renew. Helix is my new favorite show.

Heather March 24, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Great show! Love the story and the characters.
PLEASE please renew for a second season.

serick69 March 24, 2014 at 12:48 pm

This show is completely awesome. I think it should be renewed because it’s one of the best programs on TV. The acting is superb, the drama is very high and intense the characters are perfectly believable. I believe the program should definitely continue it needs to be renewed. For those who do not think it should be renewed it simply because it’s too far above their heads, they are the ones who only like ti°°s showing and other useless things like random explosions that have nothing to do with the show. However I’m afraid that they are going to get their way and the program will be cancelled, Syfy needs to stand up and say look this is good we’re keeping it for a while to see how it goes. But unfortunately I don’t think they have big enough b***s to do this. It is sad that the mental morons control while we watch.
RGS

Dariush March 24, 2014 at 1:40 am

I’m in love with this show. All little sad they only had 13 episodes in one season but it’s AMAZING

mike dobey March 23, 2014 at 12:36 pm

There is nothing on tv like this show. It’s smart and interesting. Each season is supposed to take place in various locations. Lets hope scy fy gives it a chance for a second show. at least it won’t end like alphas did , the cliffhanger of them ‘dead’ is now a reality because we never had another episode. HELIX though was a very different kind of show and lets hope they give it a chance. renew it!

mildew March 22, 2014 at 11:30 pm

its a great show.
please season 2
its premise is unique,
marketing may be a little misdirected.

Jay March 22, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I love Helix. Each episode seems to fly by and I can hardly wait until the next episode. I work in the medical field and my dream job would be working with the CDC. I like how this shows gives answers while posing even more questions. I’d love to see how they build upon the immortals and the Ilaria Corporation. Keep it coming.

K March 22, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Please renew!! This show is awesome!!

Donald March 22, 2014 at 6:35 pm

It should be renewed 100%

Tammy March 22, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Love this show! Hoping for a second season, at least.