Hell on Wheels: AMC Series Renewed for Season Four

hell on wheels season fourAMC has renewed Hell on Wheels for a fourth season of 13 episodes — the historical drama’s biggest order to date. The new episodes will begin airing next summer.

The cable channel was very encouraged by the ratings for season three when the series was moved from Sunday to Saturday nights, an evening known for lower viewership. Hell on Wheels also made it through a series of creative changes has prospered under the direction of showrunner John Wirth. He’ll continue in that role.

“John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell on Wheels fans responded,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.”

A decision on the fate of Low Winter Sun hasn’t been announced yet but, thanks to some very low ratings, the show isn’t expected to survive.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fourth season?

Pinky August 24, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I miss Common. Hope he comes back one day.

Bob R August 24, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Yes, I agree. Common is missed. He keeps Cullen straight.
Actually, the show should be 2-hrs long each week. That one hour goes by
way too fast. Maybe he was wounded by the bear and Indians found him and took care of him. Huh?

Pinky August 24, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I love this show!

don August 3, 2014 at 8:34 am

great show

Jerry July 20, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Another of my very favorite series! Cannot wait for the August 13 renewal. Watching Hell on Wheels is almost like being transported back to those challenging/growing years of our nation. Superb cast, and continual great writing!

rusty July 21, 2014 at 6:32 am

Hell on wheels airs august 2 at 9:00 pm on amc

David H.Davis July 1, 2014 at 11:35 am

Another fabulous tv series that needs to be continued. I’m now stateside and can watch the episodes each week. I love this show and bought the dvd series 1 & 2. Shows likes this are 100 times better that “Swamp people” or garage and pawnshop shops. Do the producers even watch any of the shit AMC puts out or are they just in it to waste money and pocket most of it? I don’t know who your programming gurus are but I could bet they need to be fed a banana now and then. My puppy could do a better job. My deepest gratitude for the one that had the sense to renew this intriguing and very entertaining show.

Gloria June 30, 2014 at 5:29 pm

By far the best show on TV. Can’t wait for the new season to start!

E Kenneth Kelly June 24, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Hell on wheels is by far the best show on tv. I have not missed one single episode.cant hardly wait for Aug 3rd to get here..I’ve made myself 3 or 4 reminders around the house to make sure I dont forget it’s coming back. For 13 weeks this season,YES!

Judy May 13, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I love this show and need to know what happens to everyone. I am an avid viewer as well as my husband. Is there a date for when it will begin airing? Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Howard Michael May 4, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Best adult western since Deadwood. Keep this series going.

liz July 26, 2014 at 6:01 pm

So glad to see he’ll on wheels returning LOVE IT

Beverly Hawkins May 4, 2014 at 8:09 pm

If this is true, I have very very happy. I really miss this Hell On Wheels as well as my sister. TV is not the same without this show. Did Common die, what happen to the baby. These and other questions have to be answered. Please bring it back sooner, please,
The Hawkins Family

Vanessa April 24, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I enjoy western pictures but Hell on Wheels is the best western series I’ve ever seen. It has the best actors, the best themes to each series and the suspense is draw dropping , leaving you guess what the next move will be. It is a well written western series that most likely shows us how it really was back in the olden days. If you cancel this show, you will loose your viewers as well because I don’t think you can create another western series that captures the attention of viewers like Hell on Wheels. Keep up the good work.