Ironside: Season One Ratings

Ironside TV show ratings: cancel or renew?Remakes of old TV shows typically don’t generate big ratings and get cancelled. Will NBC‘s Ironside be a different story or will it be dropped after one season like so many others. We’ll have to watch the ratings and wait and see.

Ironside follows a smart and no-nonsense NYPD detective (Blair Underwood) who’s been confined to a wheelchair for the past two years. The rest of the police drama’s cast includes Pablo Schreiber, Spencer Grammer, Neal Bledsoe, Kenneth Choi, and Brent Sexton.

10/18 update: NBC has cancelled Ironside after four episodes.

10/24 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

What do you think? Do you like Ironside TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

mary November 14, 2013 at 11:17 pm

You finally put a show together that has some substance and because it doesn’t reach the target audience that “you” want, it gets cancelled. Well, it was reaching another audience that liked it. Maybe the programmers should be let go.
Great cast and good writing…..but then, how would you know? Thanks a lot

Anonymous November 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Put a show on that actually is good but place it against CBS’s BEST “Person of Interest”… bone head move, with your empty Friday night schedule you really could do better!

SRC October 31, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Ironside is a great show. I watched online every week. I am very disappointed. The acting and story lines were great! What a shame

Tee October 27, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I have to agree with Anonymous and others because no one didnt ask me my poll opinion on this show. I was very disappoint this show was cut. i’d looked forward to watching it or DVR’g it. i think its sad how you cut this show just after the 3rd week. Show wasnt given a fair chance.

cheryl October 23, 2013 at 11:20 pm

DONT TAKE IRONSIDE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl October 23, 2013 at 11:13 pm

when I seen previews for the new ironside, I couldn’t wait for it to come on. ive been watching it and I love this show . I don’t know why they are cancelling it,there are worse shows on. why don’t they cancel one of them instead . I am upset ,finally find a show I love and you decide to take it off the air, unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather October 22, 2013 at 12:10 am

Great, NBC has yet again cancelled another tv series that was actually quite enjoyable. Such a shame. :(

Anonymous October 20, 2013 at 1:10 am

Hollywood, I’m sorry, you poll people you want to poll to get shows off the schedule you want to get off. I am personally insulted that you cancelled this show before you allowed the show to get a good chance to air. How can anyone form an opinion about the show when you only show it , twice???? PLEASE!!!! A lot of us oldies remember the old IRONSIDE and loved it, give this show some opportunity to show the public what it can do. Rome was not built in a day, and neither was Hollywood or YOU!!!!!!

Keeper October 19, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I’m old enough to remember the original Ironside and it was really good. This is an example of liberal Hollywood imposing their politically-correct world views on the public (and it’s rejected). Why doesn’t Hollywood ever come out with a white Shaft or a Good Times or Jeffersons remake with a white family????? You’ll never see it!

Judy K October 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm

The station needs to promote the show and leave it on. I think Blair Underwood that the role of Ironside was perfect for Mr. Underwood and I figured that the show would be a hit and stay on for several seasons. A different network should pick it up because the show worked.

dladybug October 18, 2013 at 6:06 pm

don t cancel we need a serious show for a change. I loved all episodes thus far.

dladybug October 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm

why not cancel some of the so called reality shows . we need a serious story for a change.

Miss Lu Lu Hogg October 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm

The programming on NBC is horrible. The only NBC shows I watch is Chicago Fire and Grimm. This is the second show within 2 years Blair Underwood starred and the series was canceled. I didn’t want to see Ironside because I knew this was going to be a flop. Eddie Cibrian was in an NBC series 2 years ago and it was canceled after 2 episodes due to very low ratings. Grimm is one of the best shows on NBC and it’s late starting this year, October 25th, 2013. NBC sucks. I’m glad I have premium cable channels. I will be looking at ‘Strike Back’ on Cinemax tonight.

bg October 17, 2013 at 7:28 pm

A show has to make money to survive. They have actors, directors, lighting, and a hundred others things to pay. The lower the demo means the cheaper commercial money coming in, which pays for everything. So it makes business sense to cut your loses when a show that starts off bad then then only gets worse.

Anonymous November 1, 2013 at 6:02 pm

They already spent the money, so why not let the season play out, then check your ratings & reviews. If they’re not good, don’t continue with it. You don’t pull a show that quickly! I loved this show & so did my husband. We both work at night, so had to watch it later, but still did it faithfully. Also, maybe they should’ve switched the time or day because a lot of shows that already have their fan base are on at the same time & day. Just sayin…..

monieet October 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I was able to watch it on ON DEMAND after it aired, and it worked. Ironside was a show I will put on my DVR playlist. I am a Blair Underwood fan, and would watch him on anything. The Event should have NEVER been cancelled. NBC is scrambling to find great shows. Keep this one on the air, but we all know how that goes. If it is a good show they cancel it.

Donna October 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I am with you there. Blair Underwood is worth watching on anything. I always say that when I like a show, most likely it will be cancelled.