Killer Women: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

Killer Women canceled by abc To no surprise, ABC has pulled the plug on Killer Women after one season. However, there is a bit of good news for fans of this low-rated Tuesday night series.

Killer Women revolves around Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer), a tough-as-nails female Texas Ranger. Other series performers include Marc Blucas, Alex Fernandez, Marta Milans, Michael Trucco, Beth Riesgraf, Vincent Fuentes, and Paul Howard Smith.

The crime drama debuted as a mid-season replacement on January 7th, attracting a meager 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.96 million viewers. As bad as those ratings were, the show’s performance would only get worse in later weeks. The network ended up pulling Killer Women after six of the eight episodes had run. The last airing drew a 0.6 rating with 3.22 million.

Though the show won’t be back fo a second season, ABC has at least released the final two episodes. “Demons” and the series finale, “Queen Bee,” can be seen below.

What do you think? Did you like the Killer Women series? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Bonny Zee January 28, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Found this show by accident and loved it!!!!! I agree change the name and put it on ABC?NBC and it will b a hit…GREAT SHOW!!!!

judy January 27, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I agree with everyone. Get a really good show and it’s cancelled. The people that made the decision had their head up their a___s. So, sick and tired of all the reality shows and the regular series that think we have to have gay couples with sex in every scene.

fearga Mcevoy January 13, 2015 at 6:10 am

Amazing show which I found on ITunes by accident. Great characters, solid acting, good storylines and a sexy, intelligent and sassy heroine in Molly Parker. It surely deserves another series. I agree with the a number of the comments above the show’s title wasn’t great – Killer Women would not have drawn me to start with.

If Rizzoli & Isles can have several series, I would rate KW far superior in production and acting – please bring back a second series and give it another chance to prove itself.

fearga mcevoy

GLORIA NELSON January 18, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I loved this show. I was pissed that it was cancelled. Seems like all the really good shows are cancelled, and all this “reality” crap stays on. I think cancelling “Killer Women” and I might as well add “Black Box” was the biggest blunders TV has ever done, second to this bull crap of constantly running shows for only 6 or 8 weeks, and just when it’s getting really good, and you’re really getting in the plot and the characters – BOOM! it’s off and some crap you wouldn’t show your dog is on. Oh yeah, in case you haven’t heard, the biggest TV watchers don’t die out at age 49. They actually mellow out because they’ve done it all, the kids are grown and there is a lot more time and desire to just relax and enjoy a really good, long running series.

Kathy January 7, 2015 at 9:14 pm

I thought it was a terrific show. I hate it when quality shows such as this are cancelled before being tried, say, on a different night and with more advertising.

John Ashley Howell January 4, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I thought the show was terrific it’s a shame someone at ABC decided it was not good enough, I personally cannot understand why a company decides to cancel after one series, it leaves too many loose ends.
Also did I miss an episode between demons and queen bee? As there appears to be a gap in the storyline..
Thanks
JAHowell (Wales UK)

brownsugka January 3, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I truly loved the show. I would DVR so I wouldn’t miss a beat because I don’t care for commercial. If ABC was to bring it. Just pick a nite where the men can watch football and we can watch killer woman.

Audrey Mascali January 4, 2015 at 3:36 am

I know it is a shame that ABC won’t bring it back, but the name is Killer Women

Pan January 1, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I absolutely loved this show. I too found it by accident. They should have promoted it more.

LOA December 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I loved this show :(

Russ A. December 21, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Loved the show. So much better than a bunch of the garbage that is on TV now.

Alan Dean Foster November 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Ms. Mascali is correct; my wife loved the show, but only found it by accident because of the title. Rename it and put it on as a replacement for another failed show, perhaps in the summer, and see if it pulls better numbers.

Audrey Mascali December 1, 2014 at 12:07 am

I am so glad that there are so many people feeling the way I do. I really hope that they reconsider.

Lisa Pinkston November 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Why watch TV?…..every time I get interested in a show it gets cancelled and I get left hanging on how it ends…even the last two episodes on the net were pulled and not viewable. At least with a book you can finish the story.

Donna November 15, 2014 at 12:51 am

I loved the show would have loved season 2 ..hate when a show gets cancelled. . Different name may have helped.

Gordon R Moore November 2, 2014 at 8:02 am

The show was starting to gain some traction during the last few episodes. I would have enjoyed seeing where the writers were going in episode 2.

Always enjoy seeing Ms. Helfer on the stage but understand the network decision to pull the plug. If the ratings are low – its hard to endorse keeping the show around.

That is show business.

Audrey Mascali November 2, 2014 at 8:57 pm

As I said before, if they changed the name from “Killer Women” to something like U S Marshal Molly Parker. What if they run the episodes with a different name and see what happens. There are a lot of woman like me that enjoys a strong, smart woman. That is more realistic then “once upon a time” which I would never watch. Thank you for getting back to me.

Audrey Mascali October 28, 2014 at 4:49 pm

You took off “Killer Women” to put on Mind Games which was awful and didn’t make it. Since there are so many people that loved this show, perhaps if you changed the name. A lot of people could be turned off by it. I was at first until I watched an episode. Is there is any hope to bring this back?