Killer Women: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

Killer Women canceled by abc To no surprise, ABC has pulled the plug on Killer Women after one season. However, there is a bit of good news for fans of this low-rated Tuesday night series.

Killer Women revolves around Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer), a tough-as-nails female Texas Ranger. Other series performers include Marc Blucas, Alex Fernandez, Marta Milans, Michael Trucco, Beth Riesgraf, Vincent Fuentes, and Paul Howard Smith.

The crime drama debuted as a mid-season replacement on January 7th, attracting a meager 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.96 million viewers. As bad as those ratings were, the show’s performance would only get worse in later weeks. The network ended up pulling Killer Women after six of the eight episodes had run. The last airing drew a 0.6 rating with 3.22 million.

Though the show won’t be back fo a second season, ABC has at least released the final two episodes. “Demons” and the series finale, “Queen Bee,” can be seen below.

What do you think? Did you like the Killer Women series? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Helen September 2, 2014 at 1:09 am

Make the right decision and bring it back. I do believe ABC you will be happy you did. Great show and good to see a strong female playing the lead. I have always loved westerns and this show is a great excape from the same old…same old programing. Get rid of all the mindless TV and keep this one going.

Lynn August 26, 2014 at 2:54 am

Pleassssssse, bring back the show, abc. You can’t do that the fans. The show was a great show and Helfer is one of my favorite female actresses.

M.Hamel August 25, 2014 at 10:09 pm

This is an excellent television show and by canceling it we show once again the ignorance of the programming guru’s in getting rid of excellent programming without thought of the possible future, (ie star trek, etc),. I know this show is not star trek, BUT it doesn’t mean that it will not perform well enough to pull a profit for its greedy overseer’s. This is a thought provoking show with a strong cast and with a very strong female lead! It actuality makes one wonder if ABC is fearful of showing a female in such a powerful lead roll!!! Common ABC, step it up, renew it for at least one full season and reevaluate then…

sonia August 24, 2014 at 2:21 am

Loved this show. Some of my favourite actors here. Please bring it back. Was looking forward to every episode.

Amparo Seselle August 16, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Watched the shows until the end when enjoying life in Texas. Love the show. Sad was cancelled. What a disappointment.

Barb Nelson August 14, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I was very disappointed there wasn’t going to be a 2nd season. It was nice to see a tough female lead who at the same time could be sexy. It was also refreshing to see a woman who has made some poor choices, but finally decided to end the abuse and was trying to stand on her own two feet and set a good example for her daughter. You couldn’t even air the final two episodes???? You have no problems keeping junk shows going.

R Marks August 12, 2014 at 6:03 am

Does not warrant a 2nd season. Too much lovey dovey and not enough action. Make this an action series and will probably take on. Cannot be compared to Castle, as all the characters in Castle actually have character. The characters in Killer Women are neither here not there.

K.R. Henry August 10, 2014 at 6:46 am

No wonder I only watch one show on ABC. They get you hooked on a great show and then cancel it without given it a chance. outside of Castle, how many shows have a great strong female lead. Come on ABC bring Killer Women back.

Anonymous August 8, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I thought the show was great. My husband and I were so disappointed it did not finish out season one.

rick August 8, 2014 at 7:22 am

ABC, Please bring killer women back this show is one of the best i have ever watched ever on ABC’s line up

Melique August 7, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I also loved this show and looked forward to more episodes. ABC needs to get their act together because everytime you turn around they start a new series and let the viewers just start getting into a show and then it gets cancelled. Give a show a chance. I never even seen previews for Killer Women really, I was channel surfing and found it that way after the 3rd episode and had to go online to watch the first couple. Get it together already ABC, no wonder your ratings are down.

Shelley Wood August 4, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I really enjoyed the show. I’m not sure if just me watched it to give their opinion or if it was both genders.
I like all police dramas and it is nice seeing women in this roll also.

Bring it back!

Holly August 4, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I would have loved to have seen a 2nd season of this show. I looked forward to seeing it every week… There are a lot of other shows that should have been cancled prior to this one!!