Killer Women: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

Killer Women canceled by abc To no surprise, ABC has pulled the plug on Killer Women after one season. However, there is a bit of good news for fans of this low-rated Tuesday night series.

Killer Women revolves around Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer), a tough-as-nails female Texas Ranger. Other series performers include Marc Blucas, Alex Fernandez, Marta Milans, Michael Trucco, Beth Riesgraf, Vincent Fuentes, and Paul Howard Smith.

The crime drama debuted as a mid-season replacement on January 7th, attracting a meager 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.96 million viewers. As bad as those ratings were, the show’s performance would only get worse in later weeks. The network ended up pulling Killer Women after six of the eight episodes had run. The last airing drew a 0.6 rating with 3.22 million.

Though the show won’t be back fo a second season, ABC has at least released the final two episodes. “Demons” and the series finale, “Queen Bee,” can be seen below.

What do you think? Did you like the Killer Women series? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Alan Dean Foster November 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Ms. Mascali is correct; my wife loved the show, but only found it by accident because of the title. Rename it and put it on as a replacement for another failed show, perhaps in the summer, and see if it pulls better numbers.

Audrey Mascali December 1, 2014 at 12:07 am

I am so glad that there are so many people feeling the way I do. I really hope that they reconsider.

Lisa Pinkston November 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Why watch TV?…..every time I get interested in a show it gets cancelled and I get left hanging on how it ends…even the last two episodes on the net were pulled and not viewable. At least with a book you can finish the story.

Donna November 15, 2014 at 12:51 am

I loved the show would have loved season 2 ..hate when a show gets cancelled. . Different name may have helped.

Gordon R Moore November 2, 2014 at 8:02 am

The show was starting to gain some traction during the last few episodes. I would have enjoyed seeing where the writers were going in episode 2.

Always enjoy seeing Ms. Helfer on the stage but understand the network decision to pull the plug. If the ratings are low – its hard to endorse keeping the show around.

That is show business.

Audrey Mascali November 2, 2014 at 8:57 pm

As I said before, if they changed the name from “Killer Women” to something like U S Marshal Molly Parker. What if they run the episodes with a different name and see what happens. There are a lot of woman like me that enjoys a strong, smart woman. That is more realistic then “once upon a time” which I would never watch. Thank you for getting back to me.

Audrey Mascali October 28, 2014 at 4:49 pm

You took off “Killer Women” to put on Mind Games which was awful and didn’t make it. Since there are so many people that loved this show, perhaps if you changed the name. A lot of people could be turned off by it. I was at first until I watched an episode. Is there is any hope to bring this back?