Killer Women: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

Killer Women canceled by abc To no surprise, ABC has pulled the plug on Killer Women after one season. However, there is a bit of good news for fans of this low-rated Tuesday night series.

Killer Women revolves around Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer), a tough-as-nails female Texas Ranger. Other series performers include Marc Blucas, Alex Fernandez, Marta Milans, Michael Trucco, Beth Riesgraf, Vincent Fuentes, and Paul Howard Smith.

The crime drama debuted as a mid-season replacement on January 7th, attracting a meager 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.96 million viewers. As bad as those ratings were, the show’s performance would only get worse in later weeks. The network ended up pulling Killer Women after six of the eight episodes had run. The last airing drew a 0.6 rating with 3.22 million.

Though the show won’t be back fo a second season, ABC has at least released the final two episodes. “Demons” and the series finale, “Queen Bee,” can be seen below.

What do you think? Did you like the Killer Women series? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 10:10 am

Very disappointed that the executives at ABC didn’t do more to advertise and promote the show. They always take the easy way out rather than doing it right. They failed to really grasp that they had a great story and an excellent show. Their failure to promote and market lead to low ratings.. They should have given it a chance

Jane July 27, 2014 at 4:11 am

This was a GREAT show. I looked forward to watching every week. Leave it to the airhead executives to drop an interesting show before it has time to pick up more intelligent viewers, while continuing to air garbage reality shows.

Ceecee July 24, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Both my husband and I loved this show. I am sick of all those reality shows. I hope some other station picks this up.

Rick July 23, 2014 at 3:37 am

Well…. It seems that most networks like producing CRAP reality shows. I for one do not watch such crap.. Now if everyone would stop watching these reality shows they would be forced into keeping good shoes on TV !!!

Just goes to show that the executives are too stupid too know better…

Carrol July 23, 2014 at 2:31 am

I really liked the series, I’m iver 50 and it’s good to see a woman that strong and vulnerable . Please TNT have them make more seasons

Tamera July 18, 2014 at 10:01 am

The title of the show kept me from watching it before. Out of curiosity I watched one episode on Hulu and was hooked! This show should have been picked up by TNT. They know how to market quality drama. It is wrong ABC did not market this show better. They would have had a hit!! Come on ABC – try harder!!!

db July 16, 2014 at 5:11 pm

ABC, a Buena Vista network needs better advertising for shows like this. While the show’s name was a bit intimidating, it was not misleading. Excellent acting by Tricia made the show. It is agreed that many seasons would be most welcome. The writing and storylines proved most intriguing. Thanks at least for the last two episodes.

C July 14, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I really liked this show – I WISH there was a second season where we get to find out just how corrupt her ex is. And see more of Dan and Molly together. I found it on Hulu – and am so happy I did.

janie shelby July 14, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I found this on Hulu, never heard of it before and I loved the show, however, why was it titled Killer Women, may be that is what scared me away from the show when I heard the name. Sure wish some other network would pick it up and get more advertisement out there about this show!!!!!!!!

Anonymous July 14, 2014 at 1:45 am

This was a good show, and it improved and got stronger as the season progressed. I wish networks would quit cancelling decent drama series so that they can put on more junky reality shows. They just give me more reason to watch networks like TNT or FX that actually show dramas that don’t get cancelled after a few shows.

Brittany July 12, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Completely discouraging! they get rid of all the good decent shows, I guess if its not completely about sex, nudity, foul language, or homosexuality it wont stand a chance of staying on air! not to mention they get you hooked and then cancel it! I really enjoyed this show

Gloria July 12, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Disappointed liked the show…. Better than any reality shows

Richard July 11, 2014 at 5:24 pm

First I want to thank who ever is responsible for posting the last 2 episodes, they were good, and left things opened for a 2nd season. To bad they did not follow thru. The show itself was good and from a different angle of the war on crime, as well as a different location.

Mel July 11, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Enjoyed this show. Go figure they have to cancel a show that shows a strong woman standing up for herself.

Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I’m so disappointed that this show was cancelled! I totally wish networks get a clue, we are sick and tired of getting into shows only to find out they are cancelled.