King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]

King cancelledThough Showcase hasn’t announced it, word is that the Canadian TV series King has been cancelled.

Starring Amy Price-Francis, King revolves around Jessica “Jess” King, a tough police detective who’s trying to make her third marriage work while taking on a new job as head of the Major Crimes Task Force. Her police unit takes over cases already in progress: the toughest cases that the ordinary police force has failed to solve. Other actors in the show include Gabriel Hogan, Alan van Sprang, Tony Nardi, Suzanne Coy, Zoe Doyle, Aaron Poole, Rossif Sutherland, and Karen Robinson.

King debuted on April 17, 2011. The eight episodes of season one performed well enough to secure a second year of 13 installments. Production resumed in September 2011 and season two kicked off on February 29, 2012.

The ratings dropped significantly in year two, falling as low as 42,000 viewers. Some episodes of season one drew over 200,000 viewers.

The 21st and final episode of King aired on May 25th.

What do you think? Are you a fan of King? Are you upset that there won’t be a third season?

Chantelle June 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I just started watching King On Demand and think it’s a great series. I was looking to see when season 3 would start but it looks it like it’s been cancelled. I agree with the rest of the viewers. This really sucks because I love this show and was proud that it took place in Canada. It’s still not too late for season 3!!!!!

Lorraine May 17, 2013 at 8:35 am

What the heck is the matter with the people at this network? Are they really trying to dumb down TV to a wasteland of stupid reality shows? Wait til we all start subscribing to HBO, then they’ll scratch their heads and say “What happened?” Bring King back!

K Plummer April 26, 2013 at 12:11 am

Really really tired of Networks cancelling GREAT SHOWS!

Russell May 7, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I agree good shows get cancelled like flashpoint best Canadian show by far but come on king is not in the same leagueitg is very 70,s outdated and poor storylines .Bring back Flashpoint and use the money saved from the mediocre shows like King

Cheryl April 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I loved this show. It was so well done and the actors in it had talent. I am sick and tired of these reality shows why don’t they cancel some of those.

Cherylyn April 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm

King was one of the best Canadian shows. It had a strong cast, fast action, great acting, and allowed us terrific glimpses of Toronto. I am very disappointed the show was cancelled.
What ever happened to Canadian content?

Cheryl March 31, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Just started searching for a start date for season 3 and found out it was cancelled. How sad. Great show. Too many reality tv programs out there. Very disappointed. Bring it back please!

Anonymous March 31, 2013 at 4:31 am

ROOOOOOAARRR!!!!! IM so mad! this was the best show ever!!!! DANNY AND JESS WERE SO DANG STEAMY!!!!

Karin March 29, 2013 at 5:34 pm

WHY! It was a real good show!

Janet March 28, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This was a great show with great actors! Another great Canadian TV show bites the dust! Shame, shame!

Lil March 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

I love love love this show! I discovered it last year and it’genius. It’s sad that they cancelled it. :( It’d be great to have a third season! :)

Cathy March 21, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Love this show. Why cancel it. It just needs better promotion.

Lina March 20, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Of course they cancelled another good show. They always cancel the good shows. All the reality shows that cost peanuts and that are absolutely ridiculous get a the majority of the time slots.

S.YOUNIS April 18, 2013 at 6:00 am

SO TRUE.I’m a Brittish viewer who LOVES this show & am happy 2 c gr8 shows coming frm Canada lke,ROOKIE BLUE,KING& FLASHPOINT (another gr8 show-cancelled).BRING KING BACK

Anonymous March 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I am REALLY disappointed that the show has been cancelled… I think you should be doing season 3!! Bring it back!!!!

fan1 March 19, 2013 at 8:49 am

I really love this series. Great actors, well-elaborated stories and not too overdone.
Please revive the series!

Gord March 16, 2013 at 11:40 am

Unbelievable. Does no one recognize talent and story plot any more? I guess it’s just about total nonsense on tv now!
Shame on everyone who decided to cancel this excellent series.