Kirstie

Kirstie TV show on TV Land: canceled or renewed?Network: TV Land
Episodes: 12 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: December 4, 2013 — February 26, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Kirstie Alley, Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards, and Eric Petersen.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Tony-winning diva Madison Banks (Kirstie Alley). She’s enjoyed years of unbridled hedonism, drinking and sleeping her way up and down Broadway.

Her life takes a surprising turn when she meets up with Arlo Barth (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption 26 years earlier. Maddie has played countless roles on stage, but now she has to play the one part she’s not prepared to take on — a mother.

With the help and encouragement of her long-suffering assistant and best friend Thelma Katz (Rhea Pearlman) and her eccentric chauffeur Frank Baxter (Michael Richards), Maddie realizes that Arlo is a diamond in the rough and invites him to move into her swanky New York City apartment.
space

Series Finale

Episode #12 — The Dinner Party
Maddie hosts a dinner party for Arlo’s new girlfriend and her snooty intellectual parents who also live in the building. Thelma pretends to be her maid and tries to feed Maddie information for her conversations. Fraks picks up Professor Danniker, Maddie’s date, but he ends up getting drunk in the limo so Frank takes his place. The evening is a disaster and Arlo proclaims that he is proud to have people in his life that would go to such lengths to help him impress a girl.
First aired: February 26, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Kirstie TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Melanie May 1, 2014 at 3:54 am

It sucks Plain and simple. Kirstie make Madison Banks unwatchable, between that and the cowing to Kirstie herself, good actors are stuck doing stupid, NOT funny stuff.\

Susan Jaffrey April 28, 2014 at 11:19 am

Awful

tom frank April 27, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I feel 99% sure that Eric Petersen is Nicolas Cage’s bastard son. He looks almost just like a younger Cage (but fatter) and he sounds almost just like him. I could find nothing online to suggest he is related, but I’m sure Nic has slept around a lot, so it’s easy to see he could be his son.

Teresa Greene April 19, 2014 at 3:45 pm

LOVE this show! Hoping for a Season 2 very soon! RENEW! RENEW! RENEW! PLEASE!

tom frank May 1, 2014 at 7:30 am

Don’t hold your breath. ;-P

Dave April 12, 2014 at 7:18 pm

This is one of my wife and my favorite shows.

Georgiann Quinn April 9, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Keep Kirstie ON!!!! I ENJOY THIS SHOW. THANKS!!!

Judy April 7, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I watched ONE episode and thought it surprisingly vulgur for TVLand!

Colleen April 6, 2014 at 8:55 pm

This show is very original, and great comedic fun… When you’re not comparing the characters to their original known-for, star-rising, Emmy winning roles in Cheers and Seinfeld. When put in it’s own light is has great energy, humorous plots, and likeable characters. Unfortunately this show was poorly advertised and promoted, and wasn’t given a fair chance on a broader network. I watched every episode and never found a dull moment. And let’s not forget about the great set of guest appearances by well-known so such as, Kathy Griffith, George Wendt, Jason Alexander, John Travolta, and Kristin Chenoweth. I think this show has great potential, and given another chance on another network…. This show could be big, and very well received.

Ronnie April 5, 2014 at 2:42 am

I love all the stars (except the son who is creepy) but this show is a total flop. It is not funny at all and some of the humor is beyond bad taste. I just hate to see all these wonderful stars making fools out of themselves. It is painful to watch! And to think they cancelled “Happily Divorced” to bring on this show! What were they thinking? Fran’s show had much higher ratings than this dog. I don’t understand the people who go on about how nice it is to see an old time style sitcom as if they haven’t been watching TV Land enough to know that “Hot in Cleveland” and several other shows they have produced also fit that bill. Shows you that they have no point of comparison. Just about anything originally produced by TV Land has been better than this show.

tom frank April 28, 2014 at 3:52 pm

The son is the best part of the whole show!!!

Jessica April 4, 2014 at 11:06 am

My previous post should say,” I don’t know what the previous posters are talking about.”

Jessica April 4, 2014 at 9:03 am

I don’t know what some of the previous posters are align about. Kirstie is by far the funniest original show on TV Land. It’s Old School comedy, something sorely missing on TV these past years. Kudos to Kirstie, Michael, Rhea and Eric and everyone involved in bringing it to us. Love it!!!

Levi L Stroll April 3, 2014 at 7:21 am

Should be cancelled. I liked “Cheers”. I loved “Seinfeld”. Sadly, this show (& it’s characters) capture none of the magic of their previous characters and/or shows. Talk about walking through a performance. So sad.

Colleen April 6, 2014 at 8:59 pm

But I think your comment says it all… These are brand new original characters. You need to stop comparing them to the actors’ former roles.

vicky soper April 2, 2014 at 5:16 am

the most god awful show on your network. I love reruns of Gilligan,Raymond, The Cosby show, etc. I loveBetty White and Valeria Bertin. but the show isn’t funny and these ladies are funny but have no material to bad writing. I also enjoy the Soul Man. Would love to see re-runs of Scarcrow and Mrs. King, or Matlock, or Hill Street Blues, or the Rockford File. It makes no difference how many a-list people cameo on Kristie I won’t watch such crap on tv , I loved Reha Pearlman she doesn’t deserve to be wasted in this show.

shar neal March 31, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Not much of a program.

Sandy March 26, 2014 at 10:58 am

Love your show Kirstie . I look forward to it every week love all your costars. What a great comeback! I have enjoyed you in the past and very disappointed that there are reruns yet because I’d like to see them over again can’t wait for the second season it’s nice to be able to relax in The evening and enjoy the comedic talent that all the members of your cast and you thrill us with in your show. Look forward to seeing you soon And please bring back John Travolta, he was so freaking cute with you and his little lovey poo persona needs to come back and nag you a little more. Love you guys!

Kathy Bagley April 21, 2014 at 1:22 am

I love her Kirsten allie is incredibly funny I look forward to her show every week I think it is the funniest TV shows I’ve seen in a long timeI’m going to be very upset if they take it off the air I hope they continue it I love all the characters in that show they’re all incredibly funny and very good actors I really hope they continue it she is a very beautiful woman and I have a lot of respect for her please continue the series respectfully yours Kathy