Let’s Make a Deal: Wayne Brady Won’t Stay Forever

Wayne Brady on Let's Make a DealGame show legend Monty Hall presided over the various incarnations of Let’s Make a Deal for more than 20 years. Though the current version is a success for CBS, don’t expect Wayne Brady to stick around for that long.

In a recent interview, Brady expressed that he doesn’t want the job to go on and on and noted that Let’s Make a Deal has turned out to be a lot more consuming than he expected.

He told Beck/Smith, “Everything always turns out to be harder then I expect it to be. Whenever I tell myself, ‘Oh, I can do this in my sleep,’ it turns out to be more difficult than I imagined.”

The energetic performer also said, “To be honest, I have no desire to turn into the king of game shows. I consider myself an actor foremost, and a writer and singer, and I still tour and do Broadway shows.”

Brady previously hosted Don’t Forget the Lyrics for FOX but reportedly turned down the opportunity to do The Price Is Right and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. If given the chance, he’d like to take on a sitcom, but only if it’s truly funny and comparable to current standouts like Modern Family, 30 Rock or How I Met Your Mother (where he has guested a couple times, as Barney’s brother).

What do you think? Would you like to see Brady stay with Let’s Make a Deal or would you like to see a different host?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rick says

I think he has ruined the show. It appears that the show is All about HIM. Not making deals with the contestants. He rarely picks those whom take the time to dress for the show. I literally can’t stand his hosting and acting. Get did of the nuisance!

2. Mike Nunley says

I feel this is one of your best shows, Wayne is great, I watch it everyday. What happen to the show on Fri. Dec. 31, 2110? Please put the show back on!!!!

3. Lakeisha says

I love Wayne I think he makes this show interesting, I watch this game show everyday on my lunch break , cant get enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Rhonda says

This is the most boring game show EVER! it’s not just wayne brady, the whole thing stinks. i too would rather watch old reruns with monte hall.

5. Jason says

I like Wayne brady as the host but if he won’t be happy doing the show then he should leave. If he gets a TV show I will check it out.

6. Jose Pinal says

No explanation, no good-bye. The replacement is boring. Bring back “Let’s Make A Deal” Nothing to watch on T.V. from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Stupid move.

7. Gerda Friend Ph.D. says

This by far is the very best entertainment show on the air. Followed by the very boring 10 a.m. show which I refuse to watch. You have removed Wayne Bradie and in his place put Rachel Ray who bores me to death. Unless you can come up with something of the quality of Wayne Bradie, I am done watching CBS. When you have a really terrific, funny, and ever so gifted person on the air and turn off the program without an explanation, I am indeed annoyed and will turn to other channels.

8. vanman says

+I would love to see him go I like the show but cant stand the fact that the audience looks mostly caucasian and he tends to chose afro- americans and this to me is not right.

• Anonymous says

I agree with you,he picks afro americans right away,and gives them the better deals,either a car or trip,giving them the chance to get in the big deal,also like you said,theres only a few,so he picks them even if he has to look around to find them.There should be a different way to pick contestants.Maybe have a number under the seats,or give the people a number when they come in,and then he can pull the numbers out and call them.Then the other day an afro American woman he picked had to select A or B. She said B and he said B is for black,that really bothered me,showing what he is all about.Theres a lot more,but I will stop here.

9. CINDERELLA says

THIS IS THE WORST MC EVER. I WOULD RATHER WATCH RE RUNS WITH

MONTY HALL. THIS IS BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Craig says

I like Wayne but the show sucks, one of the worst game shows ever. CBS found the cheapest peace of crap they could find, what’s next Gong Show, we already have Idol.

11. Unhappy with Wayne says

Wayne is terrible on this show. They should get someone with some sort of gambling background to host.

12. says

I have zero interest in Lets Make a Deal. I never watched it. I was really mad that they took The Guiding Light off the air and put that show in its place. What a total mistake. Personally I could care less if they cancel Lets Make a Deal.

13. Zsu Zsu says

I hope he stays there for a very long time. I’m not a regular watcher of the show; but, every time I turn on the tv and the show is on, I always watch, just because of him — he’s just so much fun! He’s perfect for this show! I can definitely understand him wanting to continue to do other things that stretch his creative juices, but I hope he continues to do “…Deal.”