Lincoln Heights: Castmembers Talk about TV Show Cancellation

Lincoln HeightsIt was recently revealed that ABC Family had decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons. What do the actors think about the news, that they won’t be going back to film a fifth round of episodes? The answer might surprise you.

Lincoln Heights revolves around Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) and his family who move back to his old neighborhood. The rest in the cast include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

Fans of the ABC Family series may be very upset that Lincoln Heights isn’t continuing but some of the actors seem to be okay with it. While they’re disappointed that their time on the series is over, they’re mostly grateful to have been a part of it.

Adamson, who plays neighbor and boyfriend Charles Antoni on the show, wrote, “I haven’t posted my thoughts about the recent Cancellation of Lincoln Heights, simply because I haven’t really known what to say. I am at peace with it. All good things must come to an end and Lincoln Heights was a great thing. I was given a character of real depth and purpose, not simply a pawn or tool to push a storyline or agenda. You have no idea how rare that is for a man of my age. I believe the story has been told. It was told with passion, vigor, and with the committed convictions of the writers. They were all unique with a dedicated voice. I only ever wanted to be truthful in my portrayal of Charles, because I have so much respect for the hardworking cast and crew. I learned much. I’m sure there are those out there who are disappointed with ABC Family’s decision to pull the show. Don’t be. TV/Film Entertainment is a business. The show is and will remain a success.”

Brown posted a video on YouTube to express her feelings. Take a look…

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the actors? Are you upset that the show is over or just thankful that it survived for four seasons?

Zumba January 6, 2013 at 6:01 am

You mean to tell me the secret life of the American teenage survived five seasons with their bad acting and this show couldn’t get past four???? This show would’ve been a huge success on HBO, FX, something. This show wasn’t fit for ABC family. If you noticed the show with the crime and African American people that shows the truth of reality in poorer cities hardly lasted, but a show that so unrealistic with the Caucasian race about a fifteen year old child having a baby that acts like an obnoxious brat and ends up marrying her high school sweetheart while still in high school is the thing in??? You’ve got to be kidding me. Again look at the argent audience. I’d love to see HBO or FX producers take this show and make it as successful as it should’ve been. And I’m sorry I don’t mean to pull the race card (I’m actually white myself) but that’s just how I see it.

courtne January 9, 2013 at 12:17 am

I agree with u I think its the race card that they pulled and I’m white to.I live this show bring it back please

Ricky D October 10, 2012 at 10:00 am

I like so many others discovered show on netflixs and thought it was great. I am not a very emotional person but this show put me through a lot of them. It was one of the best thing I have seen on tv in a while I regret it only lasted for four seasons. My girlfriend and I watched together we really enjoyed it we don’t watch much tv together.

Marqulla September 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I watched this show from the very first episode. It was something that my mother, sister, and I watched every week for all four seasons. When I found out that there wasn’t anymore episodes I was truely heartbroken. My mom passed a year after it ended. I recently watched all four seasons over again after finding it on netflix. It would bring me great joy to see the show have more seasons. To the CEO of ABC Family you are an ass for not adding more seasons. Its a great show and deserve more seasons. You take away the greatest show ever but keep making dumb shows no one cares about. I think you should wise up and put the show back on air with new episodes, same cast, and give the world what it is truely missing, Lincoln Heights. And one more thing I never missed an episode and turned many people into Lincoln Heights watchers. You owe it to the fans to do more seasons. That’s all I have to say

Stanley September 24, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I actually started watching Lincoln Heights last Friday night on Netflix. I finally got to season 4 yesterday. I was so disappointed when I did a little research and found out that there was not a season five. The show was so good I really didn’t want to watch anything else on tv. Today I’m going to relax and try to watch all four seasons again, even though I have seen them.

sharon August 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I have never seen this show until i found it on netflix. i fell in love right away. I would stay up all night to watch the shows. When I found out that there was no season 5 I was pissed. please excuse my temper. But this show was amazing. I think they should bring it back. if youu dont ur dumb……

jireh crafton August 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm

i think lincoln heights should start making more seasons because that is the best i watch them everyday whatever you do please make sure that you make more seasons please

Laquilla k August 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I really do miss the show,how could they b happy for that just crazy they dont care about the fans if they did it would b a show.

janice August 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm

you know everytime i see a show that’s really good they always cancel, why ? they should start asking the public if they think it should be cancelled, just when it really starts getting good, i watched all the episodes and i think the cast did a wonderful job, i was so looking forward to more episodes, who voted it to cancel anyway, shame on you evidently you dont know whats good T.V. I demand you to bring it back with more exciting episodes than ever, it always seems like the black shows get cancelled like NO. 1 detective agency with jill scott it was sooooo good and they cancelled that too. I dont know who’s doing the voting but they dont know what they are doing.

CD July 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Don’t watch much TV but just one epidsode of Lincoln Heights on Netflix had me back for more To my surprise I also googled and found out the show was cancelled. It’s only one particular character that I get tired of looking at and think if the would’ve cast a different (—-) for their role, the show would probably still be on the air None the less, I have not watched an epidsode yet that I did not enjoy!!!!

veronica July 24, 2012 at 3:29 pm

i too have recently began watching Lincoln Heights on Netflix. It restored some of my hope in the entertainment industry. I agree that when something worthwhile is put on tv, it always mysteriously gets canceled. Considering what station it came on, im not surprised. “family” and “family values” seem to be foreign words in our society! I guess we should be grateful it was on for as long as it was.

josette July 22, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I tuned into this show becuz it brought logic,family and morals back to t.v. I recently purchases the first season. Myself my daughter and husband, a police officer were hooked on the show there is so much on t.v. these days which don’t add up to much this show was oustanding and so different. They truly made a mistake by canceling it. Huge mistake this show still has a huge fan base. Love the show miss it a lot!!! Hurry up a release the other seasons on dvd. Great cast!!

REGINA July 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm

THE SHOW IS A BLAST.. I ENJOYED EVER MOMENT OF IT THE SINGING THE LOVE THEY SHOWED FOR EACH OTHER. THE ACTOR’S PLAYED THE ROLES TO THE T BUT I ALSO WISH THAT THEY WOULD COME BACK AND DO SEASON 5,6,7,8,9, AND DONT FORGET ABOUT THE 10TH SEASON SO WITH NOTHING ELSE TO POST BUT THIS PLEASE COME BACK…………..I AM MISSING U.

Maze July 14, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I really liked the show and i was really let down when i found out that they have cancelled the show. The show ended with alot of questions like; What happend to Tay with his music career? What happend to Lizzie and her new boyfriend? Where and when did Cassie and Charles get married? They should’ve kept going with the show i was really sad and confused with how it ended. They could’ve been something with the show it could’ve went on for around 8 seasons so my things there could’ve been on the show.
To shorten everything up, i did not like the ending and should have NEVER stopped at season 4.

jesus July 9, 2012 at 7:39 am

I just watch all four seasons loved it .I wish they would of done more seasons

Stephanie July 7, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I loved watching the show. I hate when shows end with out a good conclusion/ending. Would love to see a reunion episode. This would give you an update on where they are now, show update not real life update.

Marcia Cole May 10, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I just finished watching all 4 seasons of Lincoln Heights with no commercials on Netflix & I just loved the show….I would watch it from the time I get up till the time I went to bed around 3 or 4 am cuz once I start watching it, I had to keep going…it was like a soap opera u couldn’t wait to see what happens on the next episode. I cried with them, I laughed with them I actually felt like I was there with them cuz I would be so into it. It was an awesome show & when I googled it I saw that it got cancelled….I was so disappointed because I was looking forward to see what was gonna happen with the other characters as far as their careers or even graduating. I have been been been bragging about this show to every1 including friends & family on my Facebook. It was a gr8 show & hope to see more like it.

FALACIA June 7, 2012 at 6:08 am

I DID THE SAME THING I WISH THEY WOULD BRING THE SHOW BACK. I REALLY LIKED IT.

Maze July 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm