Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Linda B says

If you like the series as my husband and I do, you should read the Craig Johnson books. Slightly different relationship than the series with the charactors but really excellent reads. I would suggest them as summer reading as Mr. Johnson likes putting Longmire in blizzards and you’ll want to bundle up. We’ve read the whole series and passed them around to a dozen friends and relatives.

2. Pam says

I have been waiting for the 2nd season. I sure do hope this show continues for a long long time. I or I should say we love this show and can hardly wait for it to return.

3. Carole Jones says

I am always excited when a new program proves to have a lead character who strives to be a person of integrity staring in the film. He isn’t perfect but his goal is to be a man of honor. When T.V. seems to be driven by showing the side of humanity that requires no disclipline or honor or character but rather, a shows people with a total disregard for respecting themselves or others, I really latch on to a program that makes honor and integrity a goal for the series. This is seen in all the main characters and I really appreciate this.
    I wish the start date for the next series was not so illusive. I want to see the program.
    Carole Jones

4. josephine sellers says

Our family enjoyed this show. It was great to have it set in Montana and a western feel to it, the charecters are great in the program. Please have this continue for a second season. Thanks from watchers in Wisconsin. Keep up the good work.

5. Priscilla Myers says

PLEASE, PLEASE do not cancel this show….what a wonderful view of the country,
    Love the actors, the script & the whole dang thing….why is it even a questions of it
    returning??? Please listen to the viewers.

6. says

please continue with the show, it is a refreshing western mystery with great actors. More pleasant than all the reality shows that continue to resurface on a seasonal basis. I hope Longmire continues season after season.

7. Ken from Waterloo, IA says

Please continue with Longmire. This program has enough intrigue and action that it makes us comming back for more. We especially like the western aspect of where this is happening. Great characters and great people playing the parts. Please don’t cancel.

8. Pat says

Please bring Longmere back and Glades.There’s not many programs for us older people.
    All that’s popular are about Vampires, Walking Dead and many other horrible story lines. I watch alot of TV and there is not much on. LONGMERE, GLADES back please.

9. Lisa says

Love the show. It is a great detective western show. No hi-tech , just logic and good investigative work. It’s been a long time that I’ve enjoyed a murder mystery based in a small town . The acting is great and the characters are interesting and complex.

10. says

I love this show. All the actors are so perfect in their roles. The stories are very well written. I am glued to the tv for the whole show because I don’t want to miss anything. I can’t wait for the 2nd season. I hope it lasts many, many years.

11. Sherri says

I hope this show runs for a very long time. It is great. Great actors, script, story line
    It is a wonderful show.