Melrose Place: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Melrose PlaceTo no surprise, The CW has cancelled their remake of Melrose Place after just one season and 18 episodes.

The new Melrose Place revolves around the same apartment complex as the 1990s original but largely focuses on a new group of characters. The cast includes Katie Cassidy, Stephanie Jacobsen, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, Shaun Sipos, Colin Egglesfield, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Nicholas Gonzalez, Victor Webster, and Brooke Burns. Appearances by actors Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton, Heather Locklear, Josie Bissett, and Daphne Zuniga help kept ties to the original alive.

In September, despite a lot of promotion, the first episode attracted a small 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.31 million viewers. The numbers fell after that and never came close to even matching the premiere’s. The April 4th episode hit a season low, with a horrific 0.4 rating in the demographic and only .86 million viewers.

Even for The CW, the new Melrose Place’s ratings were absolutely terrible. Though the last episode of the season left many storylines up in the air, there was no way that it was going to be coming back.

Well, the network made it official this week. Melrose Place has been cancelled and won’t be returning for season two.

What do you think? Why didn’t this version catch on? Was it a bad idea from the start? Would it have survived if Heather Locklear signed on at the beginning or was including original characters part of why it failed?

Nadia G. April 7, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I loved this show, it was so good and the finally just left you wanting more. They shouldn’t do this to us. Now I’ll never know what happens with David, Ella or Jonah….Grrr….

Rachel February 26, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Bring it back im pissed the fuck off you can’t just end like that. dumb fucks i want to see wat happens to david DAMNIT

chambi January 30, 2013 at 10:19 am

i love dis series 4 sure ,bring it back again ..fix all problems and bring back new merlose place

Favorite Show! January 14, 2013 at 8:06 pm

BRING BACK THE NEW MELROSE PLACE!!!!

Annoyed January 14, 2013 at 8:03 pm

This is THE BEST show ever and it needs to start up again! Season one just left everyone hanging and wanting to see what happens next in season two. I love this show all they need to do is advertise more and people would remember to watch it

Annoyed and pissed off veiwer!! December 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Bloody LOVE this show and soooo upset and annoyed its not coming back!!! You cant just leave it all up in the air like uou have??? I get why you had to cancel it but i think lots of people didnt even know it was on…. Not advertised enough and on way too

geraldine October 21, 2012 at 3:00 am

my boyfriend lived in usa, for many years and us in uk have just started to watch on dvd,i love it, Im up to season 5 but have read up on whats in store for them all,lot of gaps between 1999 and 2009,but love all the same,please bring back new season we in uk think its so good,just cant put it down its taken over my life but its great and love the stars in it..please bring back more more…

Stanley October 1, 2012 at 11:43 am

In my opinion it deserves to be resurrected. It`s a really cool tv show and many girls (in majority I suppose) so love this. Return it to the tv screens immediately motherf$#ers!!! I`m a guy and I liked to watch so much.

natalie September 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm

My husbnd and I loved loved loved this show! Please bring it back! It was soooo good! So full of drama and suspense. There was something new every episode. I loved all of the characters.

Anonymous August 28, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I’m so upset this ended. I loved the show and thought out moved from cox. Bring it back

alysha riley August 13, 2012 at 6:57 am

I love this show, plzz.. bring ot back

mecaela July 13, 2012 at 5:05 am

Plz plz plz bring back the show ws totali in love with it

camila July 4, 2012 at 11:17 am

i want the show back! im not into these shows well im actually am, but please please continue with the season!

pardonmytits July 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

im so sad. i keep hoping and wishing for some closure and it not being renewed ruined all of that. ive rewatched the 18 episodes three different times. im saddened by the fact that i dont get to see how it ends. WAI WAI WAI?!?!?!

Brian June 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I’ve read about ten comments here and they were all 100% good (a nod for the show). I get why CW cancelled it (numbers and ratings are the end game for networks) but it’s puzzling to me… This was a great show. I just watched it all on Netflix and I loved it. I’m not sure why it got such bad ratings. I agree with the tie in – perhaps some people just couldn’t relate to Sidney, Micheal, Jane, Joe, etc. But then again, Amanda – what a great comeback! She’s such a bitch to the world and a sweetheart behind closed doors… Love that woman! Truth be told, I myself had to reboot my memory about the original melorse place but having the original characters was good move, I think.

Final Verdict:
Loved it, Loved it, Loved it… I wonder if there’s a place for this series in DVD heaven? Bypass TV and go straigt to DVD (or Netflix or whever content is being consumed these days… Apple!) — how ’bout it, CW?