Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Barbara May 12, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Another heady, intelligent drama doomed because of ratings!! I caught on with Episode 2 and then watched a repeat of Episode 1. More advertising for this show that makes one think instead of mindless sitcom. Give it another season to hook others who want to think instead of vegetate in front of the tube.

Rosemary Marks May 11, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Glad to see others feeling the same as I/

Diana May 11, 2013 at 2:31 pm

PLEASE………..Keep this wonderful show. It’s only one of the 2 new shows I’ve watched last season that were WORTH watching. There’s so much TRASH on the tube these days……don’t deprive us of a an outstanding, worthwhile show! Please DON’T CANCEL IT! Thank you.

sherrymail May 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

There are so few well written shows on TV that the cancellation of this one is a great shame. I will miss it. Please reconsider cancelling this show. Perhaps a better time slot or day would help?

Linda May 10, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I love this show. Please renew it for season two. They are great people to watch. The situations seem very real and I love, love, love it.

Stephanie F. Tadlock May 10, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I love this show. TNT should rethink the cancellation of the BEST SHOW on cable. This show made you think about what going on behind the scenes in hospitals.

Sheryl May 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I loved the show. Please don’t cancel it.

AuntWie May 10, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I think this show is terrific!
There are fewer and fewer shows for which I’ll even turn on the TV. This is one I never missed.

Shirley callahan May 10, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Screw the demographics, for God’s sake! There are very few quality shows on T.V. But this is certainly one of them. Must we all cater to all the trashy shows because some rediculously stupid people don’t want to think about anything more challenging than how slutty their favorite reality heroine? is ? Really TNT ? You must be so proud.

KM May 10, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Please do not cancel!

Peggy Campbell May 10, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I would really hate to see this show cancelled. It wasn’t on long enough for enough people to even see it. Give it another chance. Thanks

Jeff Miller May 10, 2013 at 1:41 pm

YES. We started watching it from Episode 2 and could barely wait until the next week’s show to air! It is awesome. Please bring it back. I saw no advertisements for it on TNT or other stations prior to the pilot airing….just saying; get those marketing folks to earn their $400k/year !

Leslie May 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Please renew Monday Mornings! My family really enjoyed the program.

Brinkli May 10, 2013 at 11:40 am

This is an awesome show! I will be very disappointed if it doesn’t return.

ELIZABETH FRYE May 10, 2013 at 11:19 am

PLEASE renew Monday Mornings. I didn’t miss a single episode of this show. Just absolutely outstanding. An intelligent, thought provoking show with great characters, and dare I say this…it’s about personal responsibility, doing the right thing, integrity. My opinion whether TNT shoud renew or not: “not do, dead”. Anything with David Kelly’s name attached is going to be good!!